• Curse Sites
Help

How was ret on ptr?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Thazable

Thazable

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:38 PM

I'm wondering if anybody actually tried playing ret on the PTR, especially I'd like to know how rets were competing against other melees in terms of damage output. Any answer from "dude rets were fucking shit on PTR" to an detailed 20 pages long diary entrance is greatly appreciated, even tho something between these two would be best. I'd also like to know what you guys think about survivability with the buff in resil, especially against rogue/mage/x.

Thanks in advance.
Posted Image

#2 stevieshankalot

stevieshankalot
  • Junkies

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:36 AM

played against a few the gear scaling didnt really help them as much as everyone was hoping.. The heals are slightly better but overall its basically the same as this patch..

The only thing that can change the outcome of rets is the FOTM comps that come into play next season.
brb everyone

#3 watchmepwn

watchmepwn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2136
  • 3v3: 2880
  • 5v5: 2354
  • RBG: 768

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:42 AM

Doubt that anything is changed for rets. Played rogue/mage vs ret/hpriest and it was bubble in the start and kill on the second re-opener. Nothing more different then live.

#4 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:54 AM

from what I can tell from playing 2s, ssdd.

#5 Fapfapaway

Fapfapaway
  • Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:17 AM

If rogues are what everyone is saying then ret will have a triple dps in 3s, and hopefully rets will be "viable" once again.

#6 Hankx

Hankx
  • Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:47 AM

Been playing ret 3c3 on the PTR and here is the comps i played

- Ret/hunter/Rshamy ..If i wait 10s at the start without poping cd's and score a kill then i am useing bubble, it's tbh same with live atm but it feels like am taking lot more dmg i die if my healer get 1 full cc hardly 2.2 ..  

-Ret/Ele/Hpriest .. it's abit better since the ele can offheal you, but i can tell you 2 thing "you will hug pillers 24/7" and "you will kill score a kill randomly"  Good vs KFC / Real bad vs RMD or any rogue team

-Ret/Sp/Rshamy .. Real good comp but the lack of CC this team have if they face RMD or KFC is really pain so it's worthless

-Ret/Warrior/Rshamy.. Was kinda wired on the PTR you have reck wings to kill with a hoj on the healer or you will never score a kill so it's worthless

-Ret/mage/Rshamy.. you will win all melee teams and lose every team vs casters  simple as this..

-Ret/rogue"Combat"/Rshamy .. You will not die insta vs other mongol teams with the rogue peels but the fact of you can't kill the target is really a pain "rogue will peel so he used his stuns so he will ask you to wait for dace to score a kill all the time" Hoj >trinket>blind you have only this +hex if it's worth it vs RMD's

-Ret/Enh/Rshamy .. maybe it was my fev comp on the ptr the only problem you both won't kill without global cd kill

-Ret/Feral/Rshamy ... you will end up chasing other teams healers and dead behind pillers coz the healer can't fallow you.

Ret/balancedruid/Rshamy ... You won't kill anything on high rating lvl but the thing is they can't kill you too.

Ret/lock Destro /Rshamy .. This is wired i was like wtf am i doing but it ended good i played it to 2k i think on 2.3 mmr for like 10 games i noticed 1 might make this comp work it's when they train ret all day warlock fear and he can spam his CB all the time so it was a swift kills there but i felt like "you know the arena clown troll in spain that taunting the taurens?" it will be you.

this was the comps i tried there .. PHS ret's best comp seems weaker by 10% to 15% and it really count on the hunter skills to safe you mostly...

(about ret changed)

as we know there is not alot of changes that can fix the spec problems, Well there is none to it, What can is say is the Resil buff is not helping a lot there hummm it's like this ..

-The dmg you do on other players you will find it bit like the same with live "tho you have more states"
-The healing you do is like 5% to 8% better on you and on others
-The dmg you take is more like 10% more dmg on you "but the healing you do might cover it"

-You will feel tryhards VS a lot of teams there

If something might make rets better it's ppl on EU they are the only ones i can blame since they always play the OP comps 24/7 like KFC's/RMD's/WMD's all the time .. Le'ts hope comps will change a bit next season so we might have a chance vs teams that don't counter ret's teams.

I hope this is helping and if there anyone who know something i missed  plz share it with us!

#7 Thazable

Thazable

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:02 AM

Thank you very much guys.
Posted Image

#8 Kajis

Kajis
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/1/0/2/0/0

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:34 PM

Interesting info about comps, it's really hard to tell what is the best. I think with Ret you need some more DPS who have better CC. I think Ret/Mage/Healer should actually work really good, at least it did for me or you can run Ret/Ele/Healer and run in circles until you one shot in one burst chain. I'm still kinda interested how Ret/DK/Healer will be, since I played my DK on PTR and with 70k AP selfbuffed damage is pretty high. (As I remember 60k Garg crit dmg 5.4.7 from 35k Garg crit at 5.4)..

As for MMR, 2.2k doesn't mean much on PTR, I ran 3x Warrior till 2.2k MMR there, no brainer :q Just rush in, 1x Shockwave, 2x Bladestorm and kill healer and clean up rest ppl :q Easy rate until you get people with brain.

Quick edit:
If you want more detailed info about gear changes, damage,stats and etc., we actually discussing it a lot in another topic. In Vanguards Ret PVP guide 5.4.7 updated one, on the 6th page and so on, stop by and check it yourself :q

#9 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:43 AM

What about ret/ww/Rshamy ? :)

Posted Image

#10 zenton

zenton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:27 PM

Ah i'm not even disappointed. Was not counting on any improvements and after some games with my mage on live nothing seemed to be changed (we faced only 1 ret team, he died in second deep and my mage was not even in full gear from last season).

Seems my pally will keep smashin' him Garrosh..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<