• EU-Vashj
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2094
  • 3v3: 1331
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFinland

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:15 PM

Rogues were always the class that punishes you for bad decisions you make during the game, main reason why I play and like the class so much. The problem is that once they become top tier melee, everyone and their mother bitches and whines about them because they would rather get slaughtered by unpeelable killing machines,flying mount-like mobility classes like warrior, or get cced to oblivion(ferals few seasons back),or even watch their entire team die to a dk who is pressing blood boil with all procs up, then to get killed because they couldn't be arsed with the stunlock and trinketed random blind or stun. Than you get walls of text on forums, and blizzard does some retarded hotfix within 2 weeks.No, they dont need major patch or expansion to fix the damage, as they do with some classes ;) Just wait until everyone gets full gear and you will see what I am talking about.

#predictingfuturesincecata

The thing is, ppl qq about rogues because when they don't have trinkets or other outs, rogues can control their target for so long that they can burst you down in a stun/silence lock. Ppl don't like getting killed while they are unable to control their character. No class should have that much burst dmg and control at the same time so since rogues are all about control rather nerf burst a bit a buff sustained so rogues can keep the level of single target lockdown they have. Bam rogues fixed.

#42 Nomn

Nomn
  • Members

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:18 PM

Idc if they nerf rogues because I'll just learn to deal with it as always. Just gets old when people want to nerf the smallest things and complain about every class, and then you get the retards that post pics of someone's real life kid with downs and thinks its the cool thing to do. People like him need to grow some balls, insult like a man and not like a btch behind the PC as usual.

#43 Nomn

Nomn
  • Members

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:19 PM

The thing is, ppl qq about rogues because when they don't have trinkets or other outs, rogues can control their target for so long that they can burst you down in a stun/silence lock. Ppl don't like getting killed while they are unable to control their character. No class should have that much burst dmg and control at the same time so since rogues are all about control rather nerf burst a bit a buff sustained so rogues can keep the level of single target lockdown they have. Bam rogues fixed.

Kind of like a frost mage, you have no outs just deep, orb, and dead.

#44 Cradienz

Cradienz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/0/2/1/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 2433
  • 3v3: 1613
  • RBG: 1708
  • LocationNorway

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:21 PM

On PTR I did KFC as MW monk and we were up against RMD. The rogue/Mage killed the warrior through wall before with 3secs left on my sap.

A day later did PHD and we got into combat so I didn't get sapped. Rogued opened on Death Knight (druid instant cloned me) and took him from 100-25% before he was even visible. That was with no damage from the mage because he got silenced by hunter.

Next game was PHD against Thug Cleave....Got sapped DK died with 4secs left on the sap

Next game was double rogue/priest vs. PHD - I get sapped DK dies with over 4secs left on sap. Hunter peeled one of the rogues but it didn't matter because the other one soloed him from 100-0.

Rogues are absolutely ridiculous on PTR.

Rogues are strong on PTR sure, but if your team used actual CDs to live then maybe the outcome would be different? E.g. Hunter sac wasn't mentioned, which is probably the strongest counter to Rogue damage

#45 Moshe

Moshe
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Vashj
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2094
  • 3v3: 1331
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFinland

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:10 PM

Kind of like a frost mage, you have no outs just deep, orb, and dead.

And that exactly is why mage is stupid atm, sometimes you don't even get deep'd

#46 drewzys

drewzys
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rexxar
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/2/0/0

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:29 PM

Rogues are strong on PTR sure, but if your team used actual CDs to live then maybe the outcome would be different? E.g. Hunter sac wasn't mentioned, which is probably the strongest counter to Rogue damage

i feel you but, rogue / mage can kill anybody thru hunter sac lol.

#47 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:31 PM

Idc if they nerf rogues because I'll just learn to deal with it as always. Just gets old when people want to nerf the smallest things and complain about every class, and then you get the retards that post pics of someone's real life kid with downs and thinks its the cool thing to do. People like him need to grow some balls, insult like a man and not like a btch behind the PC as usual.

If you knew me rl you wouldn't even think about saying "insult like a man and not like a btch behind the PC as usual".

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#48 Capers

Capers
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1526
  • 3v3: 1850
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 1678
  • LocationFlorida, U.S

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:08 PM

And I guess like the unbiased person that you are, you'd like that damage to stay where it is so every Rogue opener forces cooldowns? Sounds legit.

And I guess like the unbiased person that you are, you'd like that damage to stay where it is so every Rogue opener forces cooldowns? Sounds legit.

His point was that people will cry continuously that rogues do way too much damage until they get nerfed, yet classes like Mages who do just as much damage with even more control will retain their damage because people use the "just L2P excuse. Mages need it." He's biased as am I, but he does have a point. People will bitch 10 fold about rogues while other classes are just as retarded.

#49 Schvetolga

Schvetolga
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1152
  • 3v3: 2534
  • RBG: 2060

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:09 PM

Rogues were always the class that punishes you for bad decisions you make during the game, main reason why I play and like the class so much. The problem is that once they become top tier melee, everyone and their mother bitches and whines about them because they would rather get slaughtered by unpeelable killing machines,flying mount-like mobility classes like warrior, or get cced to oblivion(ferals few seasons back),or even watch their entire team die to a dk who is pressing blood boil with all procs up, then to get killed because they couldn't be arsed with the stunlock and trinketed random blind or stun. Than you get walls of text on forums, and blizzard does some retarded hotfix within 2 weeks.No, they dont need major patch or expansion to fix the damage, as they do with some classes ;) Just wait until everyone gets full gear and you will see what I am talking about.

#predictingfuturesincecata

The difference between Rogues and other classes is that if you trinket ANYTHING before bomb, you can be sure as fuck that the rogue and in all likelihood the mage will pop every fucking cooldown in the bomb and theres no way you can live. If you trinket a Shockwave or an Asphyxiate or the like you can still survive. That's just so fucking boring to play against. You trinketed to peel for your teammate? One minute later you're gonna get stun locked in a bomb with orb and blades and G_G.

His point was that people will cry continuously that rogues do way too much damage until they get nerfed, yet classes like Mages who do just as much damage with even more control will retain their damage because people use the "just L2P excuse. Mages need it." He's biased as am I, but he does have a point. People will bitch 10 fold about rogues while other classes are just as retarded.

I dont know if you've followed the forums this last season but there have been an insane bitching about mage damage, me included. Alot of it is due to rogues multipliers but the damage is still high.

Edited by Urbandurban, 19 February 2014 - 09:10 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#50 Nomn

Nomn
  • Members

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:29 PM

If you knew me rl you wouldn't even think about saying "insult like a man and not like a btch behind the PC as usual".

Everybody says that, its like youre saying you can dominate anyone, because you've never seen me either. You insult me so of course I'm going to insult back. I mean IDC what you look like, anybody with heart won't deal with bullshit or trash talk win or lose.

#51 Korzul

Korzul
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Doomhammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration 2/2/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1533
  • 3v3: 2505
  • RBG: 1327

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:44 PM

It's obvious half the posters didn't bother testing the PTR and they're cluelessly defending rogues.

You don't make it out of stunlocks, full hots/20% damage reduction? Doesn't fucking matter, you're dropping whilst your healer sits whatever 3-5 sec long instant cc the rogue team can be arsed putting on them. Every opener/dance requires a trinket to survive, burst vastly outscaled the health/resil increases and yes people have problems sitting 7-11 sec stunlocks (+garrotes) when they're dying before cheap shot ends.

#52 Raak

Raak
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:04 PM

Everybody says that, its like youre saying you can dominate anyone, because you've never seen me either. You insult me so of course I'm going to insult back. I mean IDC what you look like, anybody with heart won't deal with bullshit or trash talk win or lose.

Watch out they probably teach those soft bitches of Oxford fencing and bitchslapping, you gonna get fucked up.
Posted Image

#53 spelgubbe

spelgubbe
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1559
  • 3v3: 2683
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1710

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:34 PM

Rogues are glass cannons. They die in a 4 sec stun in 3v3, and are easy to peel. It's not like you can't peel them because of subterfudge, if you stand close you'll see the rogue...
Fixed an issue during the Murozond encounter that could affect Death Knights and cause their Anti-Magic Shell ability to go on a slightly longer than intended 12-day cooldown.

#54 ROKMODE

ROKMODE
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:45 PM

when they gna patch to wrath rogue
most skillful spec in WoW arena history
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#55 Megorix

Megorix
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Farstriders
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Combat
  • LocationPrince Edward Island

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:50 PM

The other thing about Rogues, is that their damage is pure burst and that it's on a short cooldown. Shadowdance is on a one minute cooldown, while PVP trinkets are on a two minute cooldown... This means it is very easy for a rogue to punish someone who has trinketed. This just spells balance issues...

Mages have the exact same problem... They can set up kills every minute, while again the PVP trinket is on a two minute cooldown. That it makes it very easy for them to punish someone who has used their trinket as well, and it makes it very easy for them to force trinkets.

Combine the two and you get a bunch if instant CC between them, and then add Druid with even more instant CC... And yeah.

There is a reason everyone hates playing against R/M/X comps... It's because the game is almost always theirs to lose, and not yours to win. The classes are so powerful in the meta game, to the extent that it is unfair to everyone else.

#56 Megorix

Megorix
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Farstriders
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Combat
  • LocationPrince Edward Island

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:53 PM

Rogues are glass cannons. They die in a 4 sec stun in 3v3, and are easy to peel. It's not like you can't peel them because of subterfudge, if you stand close you'll see the rogue...

A lot of abilities bug out when you use them on a rogue during his subterfuge stage. CC abilities in particular...

#57 sapnoob

sapnoob
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2335
  • 3v3: 2811
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 2027

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:58 PM

sustained damage for rogue is fine dance is the problem making it 2 min cd would be over board but perhaps damage reduction on ambush Idk something that doesnt affect pve

#58 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Tirion
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Arcane 1/0/2/2/0/2/2
  • 3v3: 2284
  • RBG: 192

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:37 PM

ur not doing 3v1, you forgot you joined arena with 2 other ppl?

#59 Swankie

Swankie
  • LocationChicago, Illinois

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:55 PM

Just make it so you can actually see the rogue during subterfuge while still maintaining the ability to use stealth abilities, so he's peelable. Class fixed.

P.S. Rogue damage is fine.

#60 Schvetolga

Schvetolga
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1152
  • 3v3: 2534
  • RBG: 2060

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:51 AM

ur not doing 3v1, you forgot you joined arena with 2 other ppl?

And what use are those 2 other people when the rogue is not visible? Please understand the problem, which is Subterfurge. Unless you play with a Hunter that can flare him out, he is NOT peelable for most people.
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<