• Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1644
  • 3v3: 2260
  • RBG: 1142

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:42 AM

How are they? Since the class was really gear depended, do they scale well on ptr?

#2 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Mistweaver 0/0/2/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2318
  • 3v3: 2622
  • 5v5: 2528

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:51 AM

Rogues are absolute monsters on the PTR. They are back to doing season 11 damage. Very easy to burst people down. Certain classes stand no chance against rogues.

The only downside is how squishy they still are.

If the PTR goes live the only melee classes that will be viable are rogues, enhs and WW. DKs,Wars, rets all suck. Feral is pretty good, insane healing but damage is average.

Edited by Regent, 18 February 2014 - 08:53 AM.

#3 watchmepwn

watchmepwn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1644
  • 3v3: 2260
  • RBG: 1142

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:04 AM

Rogues are absolute monsters on the PTR. They are back to doing season 11 damage. Very easy to burst people down. Certain classes stand no chance against rogues.

The only downside is how squishy they still are.

If the PTR goes live the only melee classes that will be viable are rogues, enhs and WW. DKs,Wars, rets all suck. Feral is pretty good, insane healing but damage is average.

Why would DK's and Warriors suck? Please explain

#4 drewzys

drewzys
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rexxar
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/2/0/0

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:18 AM

because dk's die almost instantly to rogues. put a mage w/ blanket / orb on the dk, he trinkets or he's dead.

not sure about warriors as i haven't played much ptr so a little ignorant to it but yea

#5 Beariorn

Beariorn
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1139

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:20 AM

no. people get high rated on shit that isnt mainstream all the time. no.
Twitch.tv/tckz -RatLeague Mage Play for Funz

"I take this srsly because wow is a srs game."

#6 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Mistweaver 0/0/2/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2318
  • 3v3: 2622
  • 5v5: 2528

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:23 AM

DKs die instantaneously on the PTR, I faced some 2k Dk/Hpal on the PTR and we killed the dk before his healer could get into the smokebomb multiple times. They do pretty good damage, but it doesn't matter.

Warriors damage didn't seem to scale as well as other classes. Still have good mobi and CC but the raw damage isn't there as much, at least from what I could see. Only faced a warrior/hpal team once or twice.

no. people get high rated on shit that isnt mainstream all the time. no.

You know what I mean.

Edited by Regent, 18 February 2014 - 09:24 AM.

#7 Nukinfuts

Nukinfuts
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Survival 1/1/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1365
  • 3v3: 2010
  • 5v5: 1055
  • RBG: 1584

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:28 AM

Can anyone tell me the state of hunters on the ptr?
Posted Image

#8 hekumzx

hekumzx

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:01 AM

Very informative.

A comprehensive look at resto shaman, from the inside out - http://i.imgur.com/icr36xO.png

VO1yUL2.png

Official Blizzard Quote:

11/18/10
Balance isn't as easy as some seem to think and often balance is in the eye of the beholder.. We believe priests will be in good shape if not great..

#9 Korzul

Korzul
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Doomhammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration 2/2/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1533
  • 3v3: 2505
  • RBG: 1327

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:43 PM

Rogues are insane, burst outscaled health increases + resil by a long way.
You'll drop in a single cheap shot to things like rogue+mage or rogue+hunter, outside of that they just look for resets.

They can telegraph the swap, you can get fully hotted/shielded etc and still the rogue will force defensives/trinkets on practically anything solo.

As for the other melee, BF is 60% on ptr. It's been this way for a while so we can only assume it's intentional. We got a greater resil buff than a bf increase so healing sustained is actually easier. Because of that warriors can't simply sit on a healer and create as much pressure as before (not to mention without 2 fucking interrupts it's once again possible to outplay them and get casts off), dk's necrotic strike is again fucking stupid but as said previously, they don't really survive vs ANY rogue comp.
Ferals relied to much on sustained to be a threat, enhance has the same stupid burst but get outshined by rogues.

Every class can pretty much global you under cooldowns because burst is MUCH higher than s14. Rogues being the king of lockdowns and having the most burst windows in a game means they're by far the best melee next season.

Expect god comp to come back too (mage and shadow burst is insane, you're not making it out of the deep).

We're back to s11 where you run in, pop stuns+burst then turtle till they're back up again.

Oh and inb4 the rogue+mage whine tomorrow when they're sat in grievous gear with the new resil values. Fuck knows how anythings going to die before people start getting gear.

#10 mirox

mirox
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/2/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1990
  • 3v3: 2782

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:01 PM

If you can get 35% passive crit and then 5% from mage right now, what do you think will happen with new gear and all that agility? Yep, we all know what will happen, rogue damage will get nerfed because people hate getting killed by rogues, but other monogloid classes, that do stupid damage(mages,warriors,hunters,dk,wwmonks,ele shamans), will keep their damage, because they are `supposed` to do it. (this happened few times already)

Edited by mirox, 18 February 2014 - 01:05 PM.

#11 Neosaurfang

Neosaurfang
  • Asparagus
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Blood 2/1/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1656
  • 3v3: 2418
  • 5v5: 2203
  • RBG: 1
  • LocationGoldshire

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:07 PM

If you can get 35% passive crit and then 5% from mage right now, what do you think will happen with new gear and all that agility? Yep, we all know what will happen, rogue damage will get nerfed because people hate getting killed by rogues, but other monogloid classes, that do stupid damage(mages,warriors,hunters,dk,wwmonks,ele shamans), will keep their damage, because they are `supposed` to do it. (this happened few times already)

god forbid you cant have decant damage and alot of cc
Posted Image

#12 swagoverlord

swagoverlord

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:43 PM

People will always complain about rogues even when they are bad...

edit: not calling rogues bad

Edited by swagoverlord, 18 February 2014 - 01:47 PM.

Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! http://www.arenajunk...-rules-2272014/

#13 swagoverlord

swagoverlord

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:46 PM

god forbid you cant have decant damage and alot of cc

Sorry a lot of cc isn't cheap shot kidney shot... warriors have the same things almost with stormbolt shockwave... a class with A LOT of cc is warlock/hunter/mage.

Probably a little biased but meh
Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! http://www.arenajunk...-rules-2272014/

• Banned
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/./0/1/.

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:48 PM

People will always complain about rogues even when they are bad...

edit: not calling rogues bad

Pretty much this.
Shit game is shit :) btw Butthex, ur still a nobody, thx for reminding me to fix my shit sign

#15 Megorix

Megorix
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Farstriders
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Combat
  • LocationPrince Edward Island

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:48 PM

Nerf subterfuge and rogues will be fine this patch...

#16 Schvetolga

Schvetolga
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1152
  • 3v3: 2534
  • RBG: 2060

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:50 PM

And I guess like the unbiased person that you are, you'd like that damage to stay where it is so every Rogue opener forces cooldowns? Sounds legit.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 mirox

mirox
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/2/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1990
  • 3v3: 2782

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:53 PM

And I guess like the unbiased person that you are, you'd like that damage to stay where it is so every Rogue opener forces cooldowns? Sounds legit.

No, I would like my damage , as well as everyone else's damage to get nerfed to the point where they do damage when they have CDS up. You know, so that I dont have to call out for a lifeswap from my priest when I am on 120k-150k hp because random cobra shot with 0 cds up, get it?

• Banned
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/./0/1/.

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:54 PM

Nerf subterfuge and rogues will be fine this patch...

Nah, blizzard don't like big changes in an expansion (prep).
Shit game is shit :) btw Butthex, ur still a nobody, thx for reminding me to fix my shit sign

#19 Koxylol

Koxylol
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/1
  • LocationHungary

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:55 PM

Don't forget that you still play a maxlevel NPC with various CC abilities. There is no "op season" for rogue unless you can get some retarded PvE gear(hopefully not anymore) or you get capped haste/crit/mastery from simply having the arena gear, just like in every single last season of every expansion after BC.
Posted Image

Spoiler

#20 Megorix

Megorix
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Farstriders
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Combat
  • LocationPrince Edward Island

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:16 PM

Well that's the thing... Rogue's are strong because they can open up and get about 300k hp worth of burst (or more with blades) into you before they can even be peeled. If they are going to be at such a strong state burst wise, then people need to be able to peel them immediately. Subterfuge needs to be changed, period.

Also; this is a little off-topic, but they should make it so disarming a caster significantly reduces their damage output/burst potential as well. If you don't have your wizard staff, then you shouldn't have any power.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<