Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:43 PM

Best thread I've read for a while.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 Corleonesx

Corleonesx

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:51 PM

View Postzenga, on 17 February 2014 - 10:38 PM, said:

It's a shame that if a player who is better than 99,9% of the playerbase at his spec and who steps forward to help fellow players, gets trolled by people to make themselves look interesting/in an attempt to be funny. Even more when a good amount of players complain about 'a dying game' where there are not enough players around. Even more so when you think that these same players most likely weren't glad level players themselves and learned from others.

Thank you for defending me buddy :) I fucking hate trolls, and the good thing is that I'm naive in that sense so I don't even get it when people troll me.

I am literally here to replenish the pally power :P The class hasn't been viable enough in MoP due to resto shammys and dr00ds.

Getting trolled is cool, but just please don't fill the thread with troll posts.

Thanks again.

Edited by Corleonesx, 17 February 2014 - 11:56 PM.

Xwede ji te razi be...

#23 Corleonesx

Corleonesx

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:53 PM

View Posthirtqt, on 17 February 2014 - 11:43 PM, said:

Best thread I've read for a while.

Thanks <3

I got a lot to learn and thanks to Felic's assist, I am learning new stuff / updating my knowledge
Xwede ji te razi be...

#24 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1905
  • 3v3: 1990

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:59 AM

View PostCorleonesx, on 17 February 2014 - 03:11 PM, said:

Thank you hekumzx,

Hey glonglon,

Beacon is a nice spell and it has 2 uses:

Sometimes eg. against godcomp, I don't wanna get out and I beacon my teammate who receives rather OK damage. By that way, I can heal myself and 50% of the healing will be applied to him. However when you heal the target who has beacon you generate 1 more holy power so yes 70% of the time apply it to your healing target. If you can't foresee the bursty damage you can do the thing I said at first when you get more comfortable with the class :)

As for burst healing, I use holy avenger because fuck RNG. I hate Divine Purpose... Anyway I pop it up first when my team mates get to low HP and enemies still have CDs up. My oh shit button is basically,

/cast Avenging Wrath
/cast Divine Favor

Now this is risky, stacking up CDs is not the best way to handle situations but due to the current situation of the game like against WLS, when the war pops reck and lock pops demon soul ( which is usually the case ) only one of those spells won't be enough to mitigate the damage. After holy avenger and avenging wrath + divine favor I use my guardian, yet again the order may change... I try to save up my aura mastery for the guardian so I can fully utilize it :)

PS: Guys I'm trying to type fast so I fuck up at grammar, sorry for that.

Your reply was very helpful, thank you :)

Posted Image

#25 Corleonesx

Corleonesx

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:41 PM

View Postglonglon, on 18 February 2014 - 06:59 AM, said:

Your reply was very helpful, thank you :)

You are welcome man! :)
Xwede ji te razi be...

#26 talaax

talaax
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1792
  • 3v3: 2176

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:31 PM

View PostHektiik, on 17 February 2014 - 10:03 PM, said:

Lol.  I don't even know if this thread is troll yet or not.
Lol. we thought the same with you too cause you're not funny at all.

Edited by talaax, 18 February 2014 - 11:31 PM.

#27 Adamds123

Adamds123
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/2/0/2/0/.
  • 2v2: 1540
  • 3v3: 1735
  • RBG: 1920

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:35 PM

Thanks for that post mate was a nice read, And congratulations on getting glad well done.

#28 KenjiixSebastian

KenjiixSebastian
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2293
  • 3v3: 2864

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:02 AM

All the information you've given this far has been spot on in my opinion, I returned this season from s11 so this would have help me so much if there was a thread like this when I first returned. It took me many games to get used to all the hpally changes from cata to mop. Also the fact the only half decent rated hpal I had to watch on twitch when I first came back was zilea, sometimes deathlobsta and a few others, I never gained alot from watching them. Thanks for this man, Good job. If anyone is having trouble, I think the more you play and do research on the class the better you will get. cheers.
Posted Image

#29 Rabdotan

Rabdotan
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Ravenholdt
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 1568
  • 3v3: 1874
  • 5v5: 2067
  • RBG: 1974

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:02 AM

First off I'd like to congratulate you on your Gladiator title.

My question is:  How often do you find yourself risking your safe place beside the pillar to CC for your team?  Is it worth it to run to HoJ the enemy healer when you see an opening, even if it that means ending caught up in a CC chain?  When do you use your HoJ and on what targets?

Thank you for your insight.

-Rhabdo

#30 Gsgsgsgsgs

Gsgsgsgsgs

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:20 AM

View Posttalaax, on 18 February 2014 - 11:31 PM, said:

Lol. we thought the same with you too cause you're not funny at all.

Do you ever just watch starwars for fun.

#31 zzo

zzo
  • Junkies

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:07 AM

How vunerable are Paladins to swaps?

I Play WLS, so swapping is something core to our comp, but i always find myself scared to touch the pally incase we lose all our pressure, they seem to be much better at surviving themselves.

Is this true? Or should i be swapping post bubble, will this increase our chances of a kill, or do we squander our pressure vs. any good paladin?

Thanks
Posted Image

#32 Zaephyr

Zaephyr
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2416

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:14 AM

Nice to see a thread like this ^_^
"Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014

#33 talaax

talaax
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1792
  • 3v3: 2176

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:37 AM

View PostGsgsgsgsgs, on 19 February 2014 - 12:20 AM, said:

Do you ever just watch starwars for fun.
nah i fap for fun

#34 Corleonesx

Corleonesx

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:54 PM

View PostKenjiixSebastian, on 19 February 2014 - 12:02 AM, said:

All the information you've given this far has been spot on in my opinion, I returned this season from s11 so this would have help me so much if there was a thread like this when I first returned. It took me many games to get used to all the hpally changes from cata to mop. Also the fact the only half decent rated hpal I had to watch on twitch when I first came back was zilea, sometimes deathlobsta and a few others, I never gained alot from watching them. Thanks for this man, Good job. If anyone is having trouble, I think the more you play and do research on the class the better you will get. cheers.

Thanks buddy, cheers.
Xwede ji te razi be...

#35 Corleonesx

Corleonesx

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:59 PM

View PostRabdotan, on 19 February 2014 - 12:02 AM, said:

First off I'd like to congratulate you on your Gladiator title.

My question is:  How often do you find yourself risking your safe place beside the pillar to CC for your team?  Is it worth it to run to HoJ the enemy healer when you see an opening, even if it that means ending caught up in a CC chain?  When do you use your HoJ and on what targets?

Thank you for your insight.

-Rhabdo

Hey there man,

Leaving the pillar means for a holy pally atleast, 20+seconds of CC. Thus I try to hump the pillar all game long. Its not worth to run for a HoJ but as I said earlier on a different topic, everything is situational. Let's say you are against WLS and you are playing LSP, when poly is on DR, and so is stun you can go for a HoJ. But most of the time I use it on enemy DPS to mitigate damage. I'm trying to line up HoJ with my partners' stuns,lockouts on healer to avoid dispel.

TL,DR: Having a 6 sec HoJ (that is not even guaranteed) is not worth of getting locked out for 20+ secs
Xwede ji te razi be...

#36 Corleonesx

Corleonesx

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:03 PM

View PostAces, on 19 February 2014 - 01:07 AM, said:

How vunerable are Paladins to swaps?

I Play WLS, so swapping is something core to our comp, but i always find myself scared to touch the pally incase we lose all our pressure, they seem to be much better at surviving themselves.

Is this true? Or should i be swapping post bubble, will this increase our chances of a kill, or do we squander our pressure vs. any good paladin?

Thanks

Pallys are strong against WLS due to having a magical shield wall a.k.a Divine Protection (1min CD), plate armor (against war), freedoms, BoPs and bubble etc. However, after the pally bubbles, you can pretty much kill him in a single deep - stun combo. Atleast I died many times against WLS after I ran out of combos and they swapped me with deep - blanket silence - stun :D
Xwede ji te razi be...

#37 zzo

zzo
  • Junkies

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:48 AM

View PostCorleonesx, on 19 February 2014 - 08:03 PM, said:

Pallys are strong against WLS due to having a magical shield wall a.k.a Divine Protection (1min CD), plate armor (against war), freedoms, BoPs and bubble etc. However, after the pally bubbles, you can pretty much kill him in a single deep - stun combo. Atleast I died many times against WLS after I ran out of combos and they swapped me with deep - blanket silence - stun :D

Erm, i think you got a little confused and turned my WLS into an MLS! However i get the jist, post bubble a good swap can kill if we have enough to lock the Pally down ^^
Posted Image

#38 Corleonesx

Corleonesx

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:51 PM

View PostAces, on 21 February 2014 - 05:48 AM, said:

Erm, i think you got a little confused and turned my WLS into an MLS! However i get the jist, post bubble a good swap can kill if we have enough to lock the Pally down ^^

Ops sorry buddy, you were right :) But yeah that is pretty much the case.
Xwede ji te razi be...

#39 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • 2v2: 1905
  • 3v3: 1990

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:03 PM

@Corleonesx

Hi Don Corleone,

I have a little question about stats and I dunno if the pinned guide is still accurate, so what is your stats priorities as a holy paladin ? I guess it's :

Intellect > crit > haste > mastery > spirit  

Am I wrong ?

Thanks in advance for your future reply :)

Posted Image

#40 Bridgey

Bridgey
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • 2v2: 1222
  • 3v3: 2113
  • RBG: 1974
  • LocationSouth West England

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:11 PM

View Postglonglon, on 26 February 2014 - 04:03 PM, said:

@Corleonesx

Hi Don Corleone,

I have a little question about stats and I dunno if the pinned guide is still accurate, so what is your stats priorities as a holy paladin ? I guess it's :

Intellect > crit > haste > mastery > spirit  

Am I wrong ?

Thanks in advance for your future reply :)

from what I gathered I thought it was Intellect > crit > spirit ;s
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

<