Help

Holy Paladin Want to assist to fellow holy paladins

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 Corleonesx

Corleonesx

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:37 AM

Hello all,

I hopefully will become a gladiator this season - first time! I tried way too hard for this :D And since I have not seen any up to date posts on this section, I wanted to start one up. I played several comps this season: KFC, PHDk, LSP and Kittycleave (got to 2450 from 2400 with that comp)

Feel free to ask anything, I'll try to do my best.

:paladin: :paladin: :paladin:
Xwede ji te razi be...

#2 watchmepwn

watchmepwn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1831
  • 3v3: 2638
  • RBG: 384

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:22 AM

What is your healing rotation?

#3 Corleonesx

Corleonesx

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:30 AM

The simple answer is: it varies according to the situation.

I usually start off with holy shock, since it has base 25% crit chance and my char has 25% crit chance, it crits 1/2 of the time. That procs infusion of light which lets me cast divine light or holy light(when I have mana issues) quite fast. Now we have 2 holy powers, I cast shock for the second time and use Eternal Flame afterwards.

I pick holy prism talent, and use it all the time when its off CD. Bear in mind though the damage it does may break the ccs done by your partners to the enemy team. When I get lazy I pick execution sentence --> less buttons to press.

In hard situations, I use FoL to keep my partners up, now when you spam FoL you gotta watch out the interrupts. If the situation is controlled eat an interrupt, tease the enemy player so he won't have any when things get rough.

And well never use light of dawn or holy radiance :) Maybe for lols

Edited by Corleonesx, 18 February 2014 - 12:02 AM.

Xwede ji te razi be...

#4 hekumzx

hekumzx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 863
  • 3v3: 2310

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:50 AM

Very informative.

A comprehensive look at resto shaman, from the inside out - http://i.imgur.com/icr36xO.png

Posted Image

Official Blizzard Quote:

11/18/10
Balance isn't as easy as some seem to think and often balance is in the eye of the beholder.. We believe priests will be in good shape if not great..

#5 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:12 PM

Hey, It's nice of you to share your knowledge, here are a few question for you :

Should the beacon of light always be applied on the target that receives your healing ?

Also could you share your burst healing macro and burst healing rotation ?

Regards.

Posted Image

#6 Gsgsgsgsgs

Gsgsgsgsgs

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:35 PM

Can i get glad with full tyrannical as a holy paladin?

#7 Nafive

Nafive
  • Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:48 PM

On a scale from Athlete to Athene, how good are you?

#8 Pottuz

Pottuz
  • LocationNorway

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:18 PM

View PostNafive, on 17 February 2014 - 01:48 PM, said:

On a scale from Athlete to Athene, how good are you?

can't put athlete next to athene, it's a disgrace to the best paladin in the universe athene

Rith said:

To answer the OPs thread question. All the skilled players play warlock, everyone else is dumb and can't play their class to the best, Example: Hunters. That is why warlocks are OP

/thread

#9 Corleonesx

Corleonesx

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:11 PM

Thank you hekumzx,

Hey glonglon,

Beacon is a nice spell and it has 2 uses:

Sometimes eg. against godcomp, I don't wanna get out and I beacon my teammate who receives rather OK damage. By that way, I can heal myself and 50% of the healing will be applied to him. However when you heal the target who has beacon you generate 1 more holy power so yes 70% of the time apply it to your healing target. If you can't foresee the bursty damage you can do the thing I said at first when you get more comfortable with the class :)

As for burst healing, I use holy avenger because fuck RNG. I hate Divine Purpose... Anyway I pop it up first when my team mates get to low HP and enemies still have CDs up. My oh shit button is basically,

/cast Avenging Wrath
/cast Divine Favor

Now this is risky, stacking up CDs is not the best way to handle situations but due to the current situation of the game like against WLS, when the war pops reck and lock pops demon soul ( which is usually the case ) only one of those spells won't be enough to mitigate the damage. After holy avenger and avenging wrath + divine favor I use my guardian, yet again the order may change... I try to save up my aura mastery for the guardian so I can fully utilize it :)

PS: Guys I'm trying to type fast so I fuck up at grammar, sorry for that.
Xwede ji te razi be...

#10 Corleonesx

Corleonesx

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:13 PM

Getting glad without the current gear is hard man. Because pala = burst healing and no gear = less burst healing. I get locked out for 20+ seconds in some games and I have like 5 seconds to top my partners up. If you can manage doing that with full previous season's gear

/bow
Xwede ji te razi be...

#11 Corleonesx

Corleonesx

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:17 PM

View PostPottuz, on 17 February 2014 - 02:18 PM, said:

can't put athlete next to athene, it's a disgrace to the best paladin in the universe athene

To be honest I don't like Athene. Yes he was a glad but he achieved it during the time where holy pala was a spam healing class. But Athlete is a person whom I respect.

There are two more people who helped me a lot to get better in my class, and I think one is the best healer in the world and the other is the one of the best pally's in the world

Best healer: Enzidar 6time rank 1 resto druid ------------------- http://eu.battle.net...nzidar/advanced

One of the best holy pally: Shockpower ----------------- http://eu.battle.net...kpower/advanced
Xwede ji te razi be...

#12 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:29 PM

The hard part about playing your Holy Paladin has and will always continue to be your positioning. If you overextend at a point where you believe your team will be aggressive and they don't follow through with it, you'll end up in endless CC and basicly lose the game for your team.

If you glyph beacon you can make macros that swap the beacon and casts the heal. It's free holy power and can be very useful against teams that do not try to cleave or aoe you down. Try to generate the most Holy Power with the least amount of casts/mana.

Edited by Feliclandelo, 17 February 2014 - 04:29 PM.

#13 kubu

kubu
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1367
  • 3v3: 2506
  • 5v5: 672
  • RBG: 2189

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:52 PM

can double holy paladin ret pally work as a successful comp to gladiator?
Posted Image

#14 Corleonesx

Corleonesx

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:56 PM

That is a very very interesting comp buddy :D For 12 seasons it wasn't possible, I don't think it'll be possible this season either.
Xwede ji te razi be...

#15 Neosaurfang

Neosaurfang
  • Asparagus
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Blood 2/1/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1656
  • 3v3: 2418
  • 5v5: 2203
  • RBG: 1
  • LocationGoldshire

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:44 PM

View PostCorleonesx, on 17 February 2014 - 07:56 PM, said:

That is a very very interesting comp buddy :D For 12 seasons it wasn't possible, I don't think it'll be possible this season either.

what season was it viable?
Posted Image

#16 Corleonesx

Corleonesx

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:47 PM

View PostNeosaurfang, on 17 February 2014 - 08:44 PM, said:

what season was it viable?

I don't remember any season that opened up an opportunity for 3 palas to get gladiator title by playing together.
Xwede ji te razi be...

#17 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:53 PM

You could most definetly get gladiator in s5 as 2xret/hpala, if you wanted to that is.

Point aside, the guy was most likely being a huge troll.

#18 dominera

dominera
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1586
  • 3v3: 1833
  • RBG: 1686
  • LocationSweden

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:00 PM

View PostCorleonesx, on 17 February 2014 - 08:47 PM, said:

I don't remember any season that opened up an opportunity for 3 palas to get gladiator title by playing together.

You said it hasnt been viable for 12 seasons and shoudnt be it this season as well which leads to only 13 seasons played, provided that you ment it wouldnt be viable at any season, when in fact there are 14 seasons played. That would suggest that it would have been viable one season, which it hasnt.

He is just messing with u bud

#19 hekumzx

hekumzx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 863
  • 3v3: 2310

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:03 PM

View PostCorleonesx, on 17 February 2014 - 03:11 PM, said:

Thank you hekumzx,

Lol.  I don't even know if this thread is troll yet or not.

A comprehensive look at resto shaman, from the inside out - http://i.imgur.com/icr36xO.png

Posted Image

Official Blizzard Quote:

11/18/10
Balance isn't as easy as some seem to think and often balance is in the eye of the beholder.. We believe priests will be in good shape if not great..

#20 zenga

zenga
  • Members
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:38 PM

View PostHektiik, on 17 February 2014 - 10:03 PM, said:

Lol.  I don't even know if this thread is troll yet or not.

It's a shame that if a player who is better than 99,9% of the playerbase at his spec and who steps forward to help fellow players, gets trolled by people to make themselves look interesting/in an attempt to be funny. Even more when a good amount of players complain about 'a dying game' where there are not enough players around. Even more so when you think that these same players most likely weren't glad level players themselves and learned from others.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<