• US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Brewmaster 1/0/1/0/2/0/.
  • 2v2: 2154
  • 3v3: 2757
  • 5v5: 2510
  • RBG: 2546

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:54 PM

Mistweaver TSG is a good comp, also pretty easy to orb heal because they don't run around like spastics (looking at you hunters)

also fuck orb botters

Edited by Verelea, 23 February 2014 - 09:59 PM.

#22 hekumzx

hekumzx
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/2/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2048
  • 3v3: 2776

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:24 PM

My monk was ally so it was literally pointless playing without a shaman.  In season 12/13 being human was actually quite a big advantage - as long as you played with a shaman.

If you are ally, I would suggest not playing MW without a shaman unless you are fantastic at it or you are running a comp that puts out immense pressure against wizards.

If you are undead, MW seem exceptional with most comps.  Oddly, depending on skill it seems you can replace almost any healer with a MW in a comp and achieve more than moderate success.  The fact that you can will both wyvern and fear mean that, without a shaman, your worst nightmare is hunter lock shaman, and the rest is atleast manageable.

- this was seasons ago, but drinkurmilk did really well with thugcleave s13, the only mw comp I have seen on ally that did really well.  The games different now, play with who you know and who you like until you are successful.

Edited by Hektiik, 23 February 2014 - 11:26 PM.

A comprehensive look at resto shaman, from the inside out - http://i.imgur.com/icr36xO.png

Posted Image

Official Blizzard Quote:

11/18/10
Balance isn't as easy as some seem to think and often balance is in the eye of the beholder.. We believe priests will be in good shape if not great..

#23 Éldáríon 11296689901

Éldáríon 11296689901
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1351
  • 3v3: 1878
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 576

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:21 AM

played a bit of ele my warrior last season was a fairly decent comp

#24 forumsloveme

forumsloveme
  • Junkies
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:31 AM

View PostÉldáríon 11296689901, on 24 February 2014 - 12:21 AM, said:

played a bit of ele my warrior last season was a fairly decent comp

Only comp in the game right now that gets better when you take a DK instead of a Warr though
LSD making dreams come true since S7

#25 ottishen

ottishen
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Earthen Ring
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1645
  • 3v3: 2409
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1334

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:45 AM

View Postforumsloveme, on 23 February 2014 - 09:33 PM, said:

unlike every other healer, to keep calm (or use a bot, but yeah, fuck all of you disgustingly pathetic bot users, go die on cancer.). It doesn't matter if a druid is panicing, because his spells will still hit their target, if a monk panics, orb placement gets unreliable.

I'm sorry, but isn't this more of a l2p issue than an issue with monks? I mean, they can't really balance monks around people panicking, or else the monks that doesn't panic will be incredibly strong? I know it's easy to say, but still, I feel myself panicking less when I play monk than many other healers, since I know I have to stay more or less calm to be able to place orbs.

#26 forumsloveme

forumsloveme
  • Junkies
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:42 AM

View Postottishen, on 24 February 2014 - 10:45 AM, said:

I'm sorry, but isn't this more of a l2p issue than an issue with monks? I mean, they can't really balance monks around people panicking, or else the monks that doesn't panic will be incredibly strong? I know it's easy to say, but still, I feel myself panicking less when I play monk than many other healers, since I know I have to stay more or less calm to be able to place orbs.

It's rather human nature. While some groups of people like soldiers, FPS gamers, surgeons etc. are trained/practise to keep a steady hand while under pressure, the majority of people can't. And don't get me wrong, I actually enjoy this unique way of challenging players that are playing MW monks without bots, and I have no problem with this playstyle at all.

It differentiates average players from top players, but it's a concept that isn't found somewhere else in WoW and massively disadvantages average players playing the class, so if you look at overall balance and a vital pvp metagame (which I highly doubt anyone @Blizzard has the slightest clue about, else you couldn't explain certain patches going live), it's a flaw. It has uncomparably higher requirements to a player than playing any other healer class. And I'm not talking Disc Priest vs Holy Paladin in S8 here, I'm talking RShamy vs RDrood in S11 ;)

It's fine to me though, as fine as it is for most other good up to top-notch players. But the bad or average players have a hard time even finding access to the spec.

Edit: The problem is though, you can't really fine-tune monks against other healers without either taking away monks uniqueness and making them a worse version of RDroods, or making hundreds of thousands of people (don't even wanna start about the PvE heroes) rage like fuck on forums, because they suddenly have to aim their heals. Playing Monk is a choice everyone can make atm, having your spells on your old class that you were playing for ages changed to not being targeted anymore, Also the consequences of changing other healers to monks way of aimed heals, are that you'd have to balance those vs dps spells, and then we're just a few steps away from having aimed dps too, and then we could just as well play BLC, so yeah... I think the current state is more preferable ;)
LSD making dreams come true since S7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<