• Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Свежеватель Душ
  • Шквал
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2453

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:00 AM

PvP AMS formula:

( HP / 2 )  x PvP power  healing component % x (1 - 0.6) (battle fatigue)
( 669 / 2 ) x 1.24 x 0.4

Edited by sunby, 24 February 2014 - 12:11 AM.

#102 ottishen

ottishen
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Earthen Ring
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1579
  • 3v3: 2262
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1334

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:21 AM

View PostCaizhu, on 23 February 2014 - 01:16 PM, said:

what? are u pulling this out of ur ass? prove it

While I think it's too early to complain about spells such as AMS before we know how much damage people will do in full gear, I still feel like the reasoning behind the AMS worries deserves a little explaining:

If damage relative to health pools will be the same (say a spell that would hit for 20% of a persons health in s14 will hit for 20% of someone's health in s15), AMS will have been nerfed. This is because the increased Battle Fatigue will have reduced the absorb relative to total health (0.65*0.5*health rather than 0.55*0.5*health)
This means that damage at the end of s15 has to be lower relative to health pools than it was in s14 in order for AMS to effectively stay the same.

Or does AMS get affected by PvP Power? I was of the impression that it wasn't.
However, even if it is, I doubt that the increased PvP Power will be able to completely negate the BF increase, or healing spells that is affected by intellect in addition to PvP Power would get absurdly buffed.

I am not playing a DK myself, so I will not even attempt to add anything to the discussion on what impact this will have on DKs, but I hope that I was able to Illuminate the problem of AMS a little bit better :)

#103 a1entity

a1entity
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:26 AM

View PostElysiumtko, on 23 February 2014 - 11:51 PM, said:

The Death Knight class will remain a tier-1 melee; regardless of what other's input, they're going to be fine.

Delusional.

#104 Elysiumtko

Elysiumtko
  • LocationUnited States of America

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:27 AM

View Posta1entity, on 24 February 2014 - 12:26 AM, said:

Delusional.

In retrospect to your ratings throughout MoP I'd agree with your negativity, but since I've persevered through the struggles of the Death Knight I'm a believer.

#105 Gamegon

Gamegon
  • Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:50 PM

View PostCaizhu, on 23 February 2014 - 11:29 PM, said:

I just think it's sad that every dk seems to have given up, everytime i face a dk in arena its basically a free win unless i play some gimped comp. Every dk is just another blood boil machine without any fucking clue about what to actually do to land kills... It really wasnt that hard to get high last season as a dk. There were more comps u could play then most classes, even with mediocre players. Season 12 was alot worse then this, i would actually say s14 was the strongest season for dks (in panda).

Its just frustrating to be a dk against some comps.. Part of the reason why dks were good last season was because we kind of countered KFC in pmuch every setup.

Not every dks are like that. Some of us are tryinh and also using the same playstyle as a r1 player do. Not the r1 players who are training healers and play mongoloid cleave but the type of r1 player who takes his advantages by common sense and class knowledge. As urbandurban mentioned before, there arent many dks who can find smart teammates.

The good ones play fotm comps like LSD. I mean last season wheb i decided sometimes to play shadowcleave. I would grp up 90% of the locks are LSD heroes.

#106 Tetrislol

Tetrislol
  • Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:19 PM

View PostNadagast, on 21 February 2014 - 10:13 PM, said:

I want to know what people are basing their PTR experience on.  Is it random 1500 rated PTR 2s?  Or were you actually 3v3 wargaming with good players on each side?  Unless you're doing 3v3 wargames, I am inclined to not trust results from random queuing PTR arenas.

^ this... excuse me but I watched Mitchjones the otherday streaming on ptr they had .. what 2.2k mmr? and they kept meeting ppl who had 2k+ and yet they played like 1k rated players.. The fact is most people are too lazy to test out the ptr.. and just cause 1000 out of 10milion, tried the ptr and say its like that doesn't mean its a fact..

For all I know, before s14 started I was checking the forums here , hoping to get some hints on what is gonna be viable and what not.
Back then everyone was scared as fuck that dks would roflstomp with dmg and conquer the ladders and noone gave a shit about warriors.. people were like *meh* they are good but they are not even close to dks.
And guess what happend... was exactly the ppl that said warriors wont be shit that QQed the most. (not saying they were balanced or not, this is not my point).

But going out and saying REROLL cause we made a new char on the ptr of X-class that we couldnt play for shit - we lost bad - and all of a sudden it is a stupid class issue not a l2p issue? (again I am not talking about the dks state, just making my point)
You should just atleast wait till season gets going and ppl are around full gear.. then you will have the right to say something is bad or not..

#107 sunzrooney

sunzrooney
  • Junkies

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:58 PM

I've not played since season 10, but recently came back, I've dueld a few R1 rogues since my return, yes they will kill you but I can survive for quite a significant amount of time, IBF,DESECRATE,TRINKET,GNAW,AMZ,STUN Spam chains and jump, constnatly face rogue not run away with your back turned like a muppet..

I honestly think peoplpe just try and spam dmg as a dk and don't realise that all this game is about is surviving and using your cd's consciously and you will be okay.

#108 seadogsnrebz

seadogsnrebz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2460
  • RBG: 1953

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:18 PM

View PostElysiumtko, on 24 February 2014 - 06:27 AM, said:

In retrospect to your ratings throughout MoP I'd agree with your negativity, but since I've persevered through the struggles of the Death Knight I'm a believer.

In the least dickish way possible, I have to point out that if you didn't push from the 2100s to barely glad with jao on the last day of the season with most glads since bc or whatever,  you would be singing a different tune

Edited by seadogsnrebz, 24 February 2014 - 05:19 PM.

#109 Elysiumtko

Elysiumtko

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:21 PM

View Postseadogsnrebz, on 24 February 2014 - 05:18 PM, said:

In the least dickish way possible,  if you didn't push from the 2100s to barely glad with jao on the last day of the season with most glads since bc or whatever,  you would be singing a different tune

I believe I attained the gladiator range in rating over 10 times this season. The fact that my skill allowed me to obtain the rating for gladiator on the last day is no surprise. I could make a complete fool out of you right now, but I wouldn't want to take all the credit.

#110 seadogsnrebz

seadogsnrebz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:31 PM

View PostElysiumtko, on 24 February 2014 - 05:21 PM, said:

I believe I attained the gladiator range in rating over 10 times this season. The fact that my skill allowed me to obtain the rating for gladiator on the last day is no surprise. I could make a complete fool out of you right now, but I wouldn't want to take all the credit.

Your reputation precedes you - i knew you would take that the wrong way. The fact remains that you almost narrowly missed gladiator despite being a very skilled player. And I don't think you ever broke 2400 so I don't think you're a world beater.

Just pointing out that you talk about overcoming the dk struggle as justification for the class being fine when you barely made glad and aren't really in a position to back up that blanket statement.

I ran dk to much higher 3s ratings this season and still feel from what I've seen on ptr that the class isn't in a good place. But we'll see. Everyone will work with what they have regardless and it will still be gladiator viable.

Edited by seadogsnrebz, 24 February 2014 - 05:34 PM.

#111 a1entity

a1entity
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:41 PM

I was watching stream from PTR, as 3 EU glad were playing thug at 2100 mmr. They met diff comps, it seems nothing was hard outside of rmd that went slightly ahead of them in wins.

Then they met 2100 mmr phdk with mw. Dk died in 30 sec (hunter sac, bubble, lich heal, pet sac, and ibf) were used.

In opener they got dk to 10 % and that is in blood pres.

I think next season would be ok for dk if rogues are toned down.

I was 2350 in S13 as phdk now was thinking to come back as dk not sure now, i equally enjoy war so prob will come back playing war.

Edited by a1entity, 24 February 2014 - 05:54 PM.

#112 Elysiumtko

Elysiumtko

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:46 PM

View Postseadogsnrebz, on 24 February 2014 - 05:31 PM, said:

Your reputation precedes you - i knew you would take that the wrong way. The fact remains that you almost narrowly missed gladiator despite being a very skilled player. And I don't think you ever broke 2400 so I don't think you're a world beater.

Just pointing out that you talk about overcoming the dk struggle as justification for the class being fine when you barely made glad and aren't really in a position to back up that blanket statement.

I ran dk to much higher 3s ratings this season and still feel from what I've seen on ptr that the class isn't in a good place. But we'll see. Everyone will work with what they have regardless and it will still be gladiator viable.

According to the World of Warcraft armory database I have a higher rating in 2s/RBG/ and you're only 1 point higher than I am in 5s, and ~20 in 3s. You're either senile or uneducated, but the amount of rating that you have "higher" than me isn't as great as you set it out to be. Regardless I feel that you've idolized me, by taking the time to come on to my server and literally play 20 questions. Barely making glad? The fact that you take achieving gladiator season 14 in Mists of Pandaria so seriously proves that you're not worth my time; it literally took me 2:20 minutes to go from 2150 -> 3250 beating rynd/jahmilli/rindyolo/glinks along the way. Please don't come back if you're asking for scraps again.

#113 seadogsnrebz

seadogsnrebz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:49 PM

View Posta1entity, on 24 February 2014 - 05:41 PM, said:

I think next season would be ok for dk if rogues are toned down.

That seems to be the consensus.  Imo if rogues are as crazy op as they're looking to be,  a nerf will put them back in the right place eventually.  But not before the ladders become a travesty like last season with warrior rep peaking at like 26% was it?  Luckily rogue is a tougher class to reroll so there's that...

#114 Icyfresh420

Icyfresh420
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2057
  • 3v3: 2617
  • 5v5: 2241
  • RBG: 2302

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:50 PM

View PostElysiumtko, on 24 February 2014 - 05:46 PM, said:

it literally took me 2:20 minutes to go from 2150 -> 3250 beating rynd/jahmilli/rindyolo/glinks along the way.
It seems we've found irub jr
master of the 3250 bracket
deathknight overlord
That feeling when you're charging up a shatter
Posted Image

#115 Elysiumtko

Elysiumtko

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:50 PM

View Postseadogsnrebz, on 24 February 2014 - 05:49 PM, said:

That seems to be the consensus.  Imo if rogues are as crazy op as they're looking to be,  a nerf will put them back in the right place eventually.  But not before the ladders become a travesty like last season with warrior rep peaking at like 26% was it?  Luckily rogue is a tougher class to reroll so there's that...

Very nice Dazarune, stay in your lane.

#116 seadogsnrebz

seadogsnrebz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:58 PM

View PostElysiumtko, on 24 February 2014 - 05:46 PM, said:

According to the World of Warcraft armory database I have a higher rating in 2s/RBG/ and you're only 1 point higher than I am in 5s, and ~20 in 3s. You're either senile or uneducated, but the amount of rating that you have "higher" than me isn't as great as you set it out to be. Regardless I feel that you've idolized me, by taking the time to come on to my server and literally play 20 questions. Barely making glad? The fact that you take achieving gladiator season 14 in Mists of Pandaria so seriously proves that you're not worth my time; it literally took me 2:20 minutes to go from 2150 -> 3250 beating rynd/jahmilli/rindyolo/glinks along the way. Please don't come back if you're asking for scraps again.
   Cool your jets hotshot ive never spoken to u in my life.  The fact that you took the time to armory me tho is flattering :P

And you looked up the wrong toon. I peaked at 2473 S14 on my other dk dazdigbiq.

We stopped pushing 5s despite being > 2600 mmr cuz we all had glad locked down in 3s.

Stopped pushing rbg cuz already had hero.

No one cares about 2v2.

I pushed 4 diff comps to glad including dk/ele and phd ~2400 and tsg to my peak beating many of the big names you listed along the way.

Clearly my diq is bigger.  Cuz that's what we're arguing about right?  Anyways if you have anything mature,  pertinent,  And non derailing to say about s15 dks I'm all ears. Otherwise moving on...

Edited by seadogsnrebz, 24 February 2014 - 06:00 PM.

#117 a1entity

a1entity
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:08 PM

It seems that Dazarune oIo is bigger. But i do love mentioning 2v2 and RBGS ... lol

Edited by a1entity, 24 February 2014 - 06:09 PM.

#118 Losiro

Losiro
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2411
  • 3v3: 2706
  • 5v5: 2283
  • RBG: 2516

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:14 PM

Anyways, despite Elysium thinking he's a god and Dazarune saying he got carried by x person we'll see how this season will turn out. Hopefully it's not going to be that bad and maybe they'll give us a band-aid fix if it does end up being horrific like Katsoura said they would.

#119 seadogsnrebz

seadogsnrebz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:17 PM

Since we're on topic,  I wonder if smokebomb makes a comeback this season.  Carried by the OP rogue.  Dk usually plays frost.   Ran this comp to 2350 (ended up being 70 pts shy of glad) S11 before rogue legendaries. But once rogue damage scaled up dk was too squishy.

#120 a1entity

a1entity
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:19 PM

View Postseadogsnrebz, on 24 February 2014 - 06:17 PM, said:

Since we're on topic,  I wonder if smokebomb makes a comeback this season.  Carried by the OP rogue.  Dk usually plays frost.   Ran this comp to 2350 (ended up being 70 pts shy of glad) S11 before rogue legendaries. But once rogue damage scaled up dk was too squishy.

Was wondering myself if this comp would work but also now classes have more def abilities and peels than in cata so there is that, but it will also require exceptional rogue, sub pair rouge that would get glad with mage won't really work.

Edited by a1entity, 24 February 2014 - 06:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<