• US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1387
  • RBG: 2062
  • LocationLondon

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:32 PM

Hey,

I've just started arena on my mage, only 2v2 though probably 3s if I stop being so lobster handed. I'm stuck on talents, I've been reading/watching a lot of mage posts and there's recommendations for both living bomb and frost bomb. I've taken living bomb atm as I thought it was best but have now read that it doesn't 100% proc frostfire bolt (I felt like it did, whatta noob). Also the slow on frost bomb seems attractive against melee classes, though 2 seconds isn't long.

Halp.

Tyvm in advance.

Twitter.com/NymphEU

#2 Lirox

Lirox
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:46 PM

frost bomb sucks

#3 Hogardude

Hogardude
  • Members

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:33 PM

View PostNympheu, on 13 February 2014 - 01:32 PM, said:

Also the slow on frost bomb seems attractive against melee classes, though 2 seconds isn't long.

Totally not worth it. It was good in season 12... the damage it now provides is low and it has a cast time, and casting is just a good memory nowadays.

Living bomb will give you some of procs / good damage / won't break cc if you refresh before the explosion.

You can achieve said slow with a cone of cold, or with your brain freeze procs.

#4 Nympheu

Nympheu
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • 2v2: 1387
  • RBG: 2062
  • LocationLondon

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:19 PM

Yeah thank you :) Played around a bit this weekend and it definitely sucks in comparison. Thanks for the confirmation though, good to know I wasn't missing something glaringly obvious.

Twitter.com/NymphEU

#5 Pouptis

Pouptis
  • Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:06 PM

I was playing around with Frost Bomb last week as well, and there's some combos that make it fun to play rather than just putting up Living Bomb. The burst is fun. Didn't get a chance to use it in arenas much other than a few 2's matches with a holy pally at about 1800mmr. Basic combo I would try to get was Dps trinket/Icy Veins, PoM/Frostjaw,  Frost Bomb, Orb, Deep, lancex5. Could through in Altertime after PoM/frostjaw for either an instant bomb or instant sheep for cc.

#6 dominera

dominera
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • 2v2: 1586
  • 3v3: 1833
  • RBG: 1686
  • LocationSweden

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:14 PM

its simple: frost bomb sucks

#7 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:25 PM

View PostPouptis, on 17 February 2014 - 08:06 PM, said:

I was playing around with Frost Bomb last week as well, and there's some combos that make it fun to play rather than just putting up Living Bomb. The burst is fun. Didn't get a chance to use it in arenas much other than a few 2's matches with a holy pally at about 1800mmr. Basic combo I would try to get was Dps trinket/Icy Veins, PoM/Frostjaw,  Frost Bomb, Orb, Deep, lancex5. Could through in Altertime after PoM/frostjaw for either an instant bomb or instant sheep for cc.
agree, in certain 2s matchups it can still be a lot of fun since its still technically the most burst we can do. real shame its been so destroyed that its pointless to even think of using it in 99% of 3s matchups

Hakfu said:

My personal opinion about why PHD/ATC/Beastcleave are not being that succesful on Tournaments is that in many cases it relies on the enemy making an error...In a sense, that makes them the underdog...Hunter's have never really been that OP. People just have the image that hunters should be something to be stomped over

#8 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:00 PM

View PostDizzeeyo, on 17 February 2014 - 08:25 PM, said:

agree, in certain 2s matchups it can still be a lot of fun since its still technically the most burst we can do. real shame its been so destroyed that its pointless to even think of using it in 99% of 3s matchups

yeah it's a real shame.  I miss getting hit for upwards of 180k+ when I only had 300k hp.  Such nostalgia, much fun

#9 dominera

dominera
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • 2v2: 1586
  • 3v3: 1833
  • RBG: 1686
  • LocationSweden

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:30 PM

View Postdjp771133, on 17 February 2014 - 09:00 PM, said:

yeah it's a real shame.  I miss getting hit for upwards of 180k+ when I only had 300k hp.  Such nostalgia, much fun

Or getting hit by 2-300k warrior crits while in a 7 sec stun (warbringer + shockwave). Good times indeed

#10 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:32 PM

View Postdjp771133, on 17 February 2014 - 09:00 PM, said:

and i miss getting oneshot by 5stack warriors, but thats not what you posted about so I wont be a dick and complain about it as well

frostbomb before the mage mastery change was perfectly fine and a fun alternative to living bomb vs certain comps. the mastery change reduced frostbomb damage by around 50% and unfortunately killed the playstyle

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 17 February 2014 - 09:37 PM.

Hakfu said:

My personal opinion about why PHD/ATC/Beastcleave are not being that succesful on Tournaments is that in many cases it relies on the enemy making an error...In a sense, that makes them the underdog...Hunter's have never really been that OP. People just have the image that hunters should be something to be stomped over

#11 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:48 AM

Frost bomb is still a very good talent for bursting as arcane. With the mana adept mastery and Arcane power you can definitely get those yummy 150k frostbomb like the good ol'days. Also as arcane you stack Haste so your Frost bomb will detonate faster.You can pick this talent as arcane against castercleaves where you can effectively cast without being interrupted. Against meleecleaves or huntercleaves it's almost impossible to get a clean frost bomb setup so Living Bomb will be a better choice.

Hope this helps,
Regards.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mage, bomb, talents

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<