• Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1905
  • 3v3: 1990

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:38 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm very new to ret and of course I read the very well written guide of Mr Vanguards but I still have a few questions so I hope someone will be kind enough to take a bit of time to answer them. Here I go :

1) Nobody seems to be using holy prism anymore. Is this talent still useful in some situations ?

2) Since its buff Execution sentence seems to be the way to go. How should it be used ? Mainly for damage or  heal purpose ? And when ?

3) Still about execution sentence does it take into account your spellpower when it explodes (like frost bomb) or when you apply it (like regular dots) ?

4) About glyphs, against melee/mixed cleaves I use : TV+burden of guilt+divine protection. Against castercleaves I use : TV+burden of guilt+WoG. Are my glyphs choices correct ? Glyph of divine shield seems to be very nice too, do you see any situation where this glyph could be valuable ?

5) Should I be dropping clemency for hand of purity against afflilocks teams ? (e.g rls, wls, wwmonk/lock/rsham)

6) I noticed that vanguards was sometimes using unbreakable spirit when he was doing 2s with venruki. In which situations unbreakable spirit is better than clemency ?

7) Does it worth it sometimes to switch to Seal of justice to peel a melee opponent from my healer or should I sit in seal of truth 24/24 a day ?

8) If multiple melee are around me, does it worth it to use Hammer of the Righteous to spread weakened blows ?

9) Last little dps question : If exorcism and hammer of wrath are both available at the same time, which spell has the highest priority ?

Well...that's a lot of questions and I don't want to annoy people, I'll just stop here :)

Thanks in advance for your future answer. It will be really helpful for me.

Regards,
glonglon.

Posted Image

#2 Hankx

Hankx
  • Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:36 AM

reroll

Sorry, your post must be at least 2 word(s) long.

• Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmourne
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/1/1/2/1/.
  • 2v2: 2469
  • 3v3: 2825
  • 5v5: 1893

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:28 PM

1) Not really, maybe for bg's.
2) Depends on the situation, but you should try to use it offensive as much as possible.
3) When you apply it.
4) Your glyph choices are mostly correct, double jeopardy is also nice for shaman teams, since you will probably kill totems with judgement. Glyph of divine shield is pretty handy against disc or holypriest teams with high dmg output, for example rmp. They will force bubble really fast and maybe mass dispel it right away, then the heal will be sweet.
5) Depends, talk to your healer. Hand of purity is pretty pretty sick tbh and I like it a lot, but sometimes healers have special insight on stuff like this.
6) If you know you will be trained a lot and maybe the enemy team won't even get off your face for once. If i go for unbreakable spirit most of the time it is against caster teams in which case I will need wall for pretty much every deep for example.
7) Also depends, if you're using burden of guilt glyph there is no need to seal swap, but if you're not and your healer is crying for help, well then maybe it is.
8) Yes.
9) Hammer of Wrath.
Posted Image

#4 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1905
  • 3v3: 1990

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:49 PM

Thanks for your answer Thazable it was incredibly helpful :)

Posted Image

• Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmourne
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/1/1/2/1/.
  • 2v2: 2469
  • 3v3: 2825
  • 5v5: 1893

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:19 PM

Anytime. :)