#1 etilia

etilia
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: ./././././.

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:03 PM

Been playing DK as one of my many mains and always thought they war fun to play and nice dmg etc. But now, as Unholy, i can't do any damage at ALL. Doesn't matter how many necrotic i stack on the healers, 5+ etc etc. They just shake it off and runs away, and my damage?

I would say it's as good as a newly dinged warrior tbh. (I have 515ilvl)

Been playing UH many times before and I enjoy it too, but i CAN'T do any damage, at least not enough to kill somebody or pressure the healer.

But when I play a healer myself, or any other dps for that matter, I'm getting totally SMASHED by other UHs.

What am I doing wrong? And what to do for some DAMAGE?

#2 Schvetolga

Schvetolga
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2501
  • 3v3: 2881
  • 5v5: 2487
  • RBG: 2551

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:12 PM

To know what you're doing wrong, we need to know what you're doing at all to begin with. Opening etc.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 etilia

etilia
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: ./././././.

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:15 PM

View PostUrbandurban, on 05 February 2014 - 09:12 PM, said:

To know what you're doing wrong, we need to know what you're doing at all to begin with. Opening etc.

Well, i play 2s so against double dps i usually just pop my cds and do dmg, since everyone is dying so quickly. And against healer teams i open with chains and put up some dots etc, stacking nec and such.

#4 Massai

Massai
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Survival 1/0/0/0/1/1
  • RBG: 1409

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:09 PM

Biggest thing I noticed on my dk is waiting for trinket procs and rune forge wep procs and put up diseases while those  are up. Then don't spam apply diseases after. this made my damage go up a ton!

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:50 AM

Press gargoyle and throw some auto-attacks in every now and then. Not even healing stream will be able to outheal your damage.

#6 420blazeitlikeBalotelli

420blazeitlikeBalotelli
  • Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:13 AM

Just think of it like a priority system and spend your runes accordingly. DK damage could basically be built a flow chart. which begins with

Unholy runes:
are my diseases on the target if no then plague strike
If yes then scourge strike
unless you are very soon going to dark transform your pet.

Blood runes:
almost always blood boil unless its going to break CC if so then blood strike.
Also with blood runes I ask myself at that point 'can i get some steroid diseases with a plague strike and spread them to 2 + things with blood boil'

Frost runes.
Do I need to slow my target, i find i dont always have to slow my target, in which case icy touch If i'm slowed or basically any class is training me and im trying to kill something else i will slow it because chances are i'm slowed or soon will be.

Death runes:
Necro, duh

Runic power:
If over 60 then deathcoil.

Blood tap for emergency icy touch dispells, emergency slows to help peel (lol), getting my pet big with a 4 second stun or extra necros when going mongo.

Sometimes I use festering when a) i have sick diseases up and am training into my target and want to keep it slowed and those sick diseases up, also a faster way of converting runes to death runes , but usually at this point my diseases will get dispelled and i'm back to step 1.

TLDR  make sure you are spending runes as quickly as possible, think about the best way to spend each one. make death runes spam necros repeat. Pop garg when you think you will get a kill in 30 seconds or need pressure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<