• Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2039
  • 3v3: 2519
  • 5v5: 1150
  • RBG: 959

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:06 PM

DK/Ele/Monk -

This comp has to be the most fun comp I have played all season.  It's just crazy mongo damage and reminds me a ton LSD in terms of the spread pressure and it's ability to out last other teams.

MLD seems to be the only comp we had problems with last night, and only if the lock is destruction. Any one running this comp have any tips for dealing with MLD?

Thanks in advance..

#2 a1entity

a1entity
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:09 PM

Now being a dk where to find that ele and mw.......

#3 Primius

Primius
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:22 PM

View Posta1entity, on 28 January 2014 - 03:09 PM, said:

Now being a dk where to find that ele and mw.......

I really didn't have much hope in this comp. I was really reluctant to run it when I saw the shaman and dk posting in trade chat. I had just had a pretty bad go at beast cleave we dropped around 50 rating.  I messaged shaman and when he told me the DK was 2125CR I was like "ugh". But I decided to go ahead and play anyway and I am glad I did.

The elemental shaman was very good.  He actually knows how to do damage and put out pressure ect...

It seems the majority of elemental shaman can't play this game without a partner that can spam fear, and demonic gate way holding up their ball sack.

I am willing to bet the biggest drawback this comp will have is finding a shaman that can actually function in it. The majority of shaman with decent rating got it spell cleaving it up.

#4 a1entity

a1entity
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:23 PM

View PostPrimius, on 28 January 2014 - 03:22 PM, said:

I really didn't have much hope in this comp. I was really reluctant to run it when I saw the shaman and dk posting in trade chat. I had just had a pretty bad go at beast cleave we dropped around 50 rating.  I messaged shaman and when he told me the DK was 2125CR I was like "ugh". But I decided to go ahead and play anyway and I am glad I did.

The elemental shaman was very good.  He actually knows how to do damage and put out pressure ect...

It seems the majority of elemental shaman can't play this game without a partner that can spam fear, and demonic gate way holding up their ball sack.

I am willing to bet the biggest drawback this comp will have is finding a shaman that can actually function in it. The majority of shaman with decent rating got it spell cleaving it up.

Well sad mate, i played ele dk mw with very decent MW but what i was doing whole game is trying to peel for ele, and you know DK has good peels right. I saw that this comp has potential if ele can put out damage.

Also i think that best healer for beast cleave now days is H Priest/Resto Druid  followed by pally. MW just better in other comps

Edited by a1entity, 28 January 2014 - 04:26 PM.

#5 forumsloveme

forumsloveme
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • 2v2: 2069
  • 3v3: 2070
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 1663
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:25 PM

I've played DK/Ele/Disc to high ranks on AT and a bit of DK/Ele/Druid this season to 2,2 (got tired of druid playstyle though, gearing my monk for the comp atm) and tbh, DK/Ele/x has always been one of the most underrated comps in WoW, already in WotLK. The major problem with it though, is that 99% of all Ele Shamans aren't used to play non-Thundercleave Melee/Caster/Healer comps, as they require a quite different playstyle from them.

If you're lucky though, and can get your hands on a good ele, it can be an incredibly strong comp, mostly due to the strong hardswaps and Ele utility.

Something else that is really important, is that the DK and the Ele are capable of switching from offensive to defensive playstyle on the run. If the enemy team is on the DK, he needs to instantly go blood presence and start kiting, while the Ele goes retard-turret-mode into the closest target. At the same time, if they're on the Ele, he needs to pull back instantly, because he doesn't have too many chances of surviving in the open. Meanwhile the DK can pop Unholy Presence and punish people for pushing in. The Ele bears most of the games though, because he has to keep the healer out of CC too, while focusing on his offensive/defensive playstyle, and act as the offhealer, should a CC land.
LSD making dreams come true since S7

#6 Megorix

Megorix
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Farstriders
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Combat
  • LocationPrince Edward Island

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:37 PM

DK/Boomkin and DK/Warlock/MW are also very solid. The Ele version is the nicest to play with though as a MW, that's for sure.  

Also, are you running Ring of Peace? It is absolutely devistating to the opposing team if placed on the DK while he's going ham, especially vs. Casters, believe it or not.

#7 forumsloveme

forumsloveme
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:39 PM

View PostMegorix, on 28 January 2014 - 04:37 PM, said:

DK/Boomkin and DK/Warlock/MW are also very solid. The Ele version is the nicest to play with though as a MW, that's for sure.  

Also, are you running Ring of Peace? It is absolutely devistating to the opposing team if placed on the DK while he's going ham, especially vs. Casters, believe it or not.

DK/Boomkin and Shadowcleave are a lot better without a Monk healer though, I don't think they're viable too much after 2,2.

Ring of Peace is a must for sure. Leg Sweep exposes you to enemy CC chains too much, and is only really viable for 2s.

#8 Megorix

Megorix
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Farstriders
  • Emberstorm

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:43 PM

I believe just in terms of just pushing to 2.2k, the MW varient is the best of all healers for Boomkin/DK and Warlock/DK. But yeah, once you get past that point you almost need to get an Ele for the groundings/tremers/shocks.

The most fun I have had this season has been running DK/Boomkin/MW on my MW, pre-buffs. The gib potential of that comp is insane... Only downfall seemed to be the stupid RNGness of Boomkin damage.

#9 seadogsnrebz

seadogsnrebz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2460
  • RBG: 1953

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:45 PM

How queue dependent is DK/ele?

Comps it's strong against?

Comps that counter it?

#10 Primius

Primius
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:47 PM

Yeah I run ring of peace pretty much exclusively for this comp unless it's something like kitty cleave.  I also feel like DK/Ele/MW is far better then shadow cleave with MW just because of the utility you get from the ele as MW.

Dunno this comp is hella fun.  Definitely going to stick with it. I am so sick of playing hunter cleaves..

#11 Primius

Primius
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:52 PM

View Postseadogsnrebz, on 28 January 2014 - 04:45 PM, said:

Comps that counter it?

We were beating everything. We were crapping on RMD and RMP as well as every hunter cleave.  The only thing we seem to have problems with was Mage/Destruction Lock just because of the danger of either free casting. It might be a situation of needing to figure out a good strat.

Shaman was saying they had previously struggled against mage teams but I think that has to do with them playing with a druid healer previous.  MW burst healing is so strong that you can pretty much heal through and help prevent every swap burst attempt as this comp outside of their opener.

It's nice because it's the kind of comp where the opposing team just can't tunnel every single instant CC into your healer because if they do that they risk the ele just globaling someone.

Problem is if MW isn't CC nothing will die.

I am definitely liking it.

#12 forumsloveme

forumsloveme
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:54 PM

View Postseadogsnrebz, on 28 January 2014 - 04:45 PM, said:

Comps that counter it?

Gets bent over by RMx, counter's KFC

#13 Rungoo10

Rungoo10
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 2133
  • 3v3: 2734
  • 5v5: 1344
  • RBG: 2220
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:56 PM

rogue mage x > Ele/dk/mw > everything else

Edited by Rungoo10, 28 January 2014 - 04:57 PM.

#14 seadogsnrebz

seadogsnrebz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:58 PM

View Postforumsloveme, on 28 January 2014 - 04:54 PM, said:

Gets bent over by RMx

What a surprise

#15 Primius

Primius
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:00 PM

View Postforumsloveme, on 28 January 2014 - 04:54 PM, said:

Gets bent over by RMx, counter's KFC

We were having zero problems against RMD or RMP.  The shaman said the same thing to me last night but we were winning every time and doing it easily.

Is the MW version of this comp just different then running with a resto Druid?  We faced 3 different RMDs last night all over 2300 and we destroyed them all, and in each game a different person died. First game it was the mage, second game it was the rogue, and last game the druid.  Against RMP they destroyed the priest.

The biggest bonus I see to MW version is...... Ring of Peace + Tiger's Lust being able to give the DK high uptime on mage, Grappling Weapon to disarm every single dance attempt, and paralysis for peeling off the rogue.

I was also doing around 3 million damage in our games since normally they would last long enough to pop out two tigers and I actually got a ton of KBs because of going ham with crackling jade lightning on kills.  That is how we landed the kill against the priest and druid in the RMP/RMD matchups.

#16 Usera

Usera
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1983
  • 3v3: 2266
  • 5v5: 2376
  • RBG: 2346
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:04 PM

Haven't seen anyone playing it on EU with a MW, people mostly use a resto druid for it (as do I). I can imagine it being pretty good with a monk though, they're really underrated in my view.

#17 forumsloveme

forumsloveme
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:05 PM

View PostPrimius, on 28 January 2014 - 05:00 PM, said:

We were having zero problems against RMD or RMP.  The shaman said the same thing to me last night but we were winning every time and doing it easily.

Is the MW version of this comp just different then running with a resto Druid?  We faced 3 different RMDs last night all over 2300 and we destroyed them all, and in each game a different person died. First game it was the mage, second game it was the rogue, and last game the druid.  Against RMP they destroyed the priest.

The biggest bonus I see to MW version is...... Ring of Peace + Tiger's Lust being able to give the DK high uptime on mage, Grappling Weapon to disarm every single dance attempt, and paralysis for peeling off the rogue.

I was also doing around 3 million damage in our games since normally they would last long enough to pop out two tigers and I actually got a ton of KBs because of going ham with crackling jade lightning on kills.  That is how we landed the kill against the priest and druid in the RMP/RMD matchups.

Well yeah the problems we had with RMx or Rogue teams in general was when I was playing my Druid. I was trying both, tree form and sotf, but had different problems with both options. When I was running tree form, we had no problems surviving the opener, cause of Poly immunity, but after Tree form ended, I was unable to get any CC off without the Clone cast time reduction, when I went sotf, I was just spam cced for long enough. Gotta say though, RoP as the monk version would propably help a lot, indeed. How do you deal with Xuen/DK dots breaking Paralysis though? Because I can't see it lasting full duration when everything is a clusterfuck around the shaman.

Edit: Another bonus is orbs into bomb on shaman

#18 Megorix

Megorix
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Farstriders
  • Emberstorm

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:05 PM

Any kind of caster cleave can be rough on DK teams, especially mage based caster cleaves.  Really all you can do is play your position, switching to whomever is the most vulnerable.... And pushing only when you have momentum - not when you want to gain it.

And even if you play perfectly, your DK can die at anytime in a blanket counter spell.

#19 forumsloveme

forumsloveme
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:08 PM

View PostMegorix, on 28 January 2014 - 05:05 PM, said:

Any kind of caster cleave can be rough on DK teams, especially mage based caster cleaves.  Really all you can do is play your position, switching to whomever is the most vulnerable.... And pushing only when you have momentum - not when you want to gain it.

And even if you play perfectly, your DK can die at anytime in a blanket counter spell.

This is where it comes down to the shaman. You need to rotate trinkets on deep/cs on DK + silence on healer for example. One of you has to always have a trinket for that, so you can either ibf/ams, offheal, or heal, depending on whos turn it is to trinket.

#20 seadogsnrebz

seadogsnrebz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:12 PM

Criming indulge me.

How does it fair vs good comp?  Seems it would be a counter.

How about Beastcleave?  Should farm I think.

Did you play an rps? That could be tough.

How about WMD/Chi?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<