• Curse Sites
Help

The best WoW player of all time

• Please log in to reply
286 replies to this topic

Poll: Best WoW player of all time (376 member(s) have cast votes)

Best WoW player of all time

1. Veev (11 votes [3.02%])

Percentage of vote: 3.02%

2. Another (56 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

3. Azael (14 votes [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

4. Talbadar (47 votes [12.91%])

Percentage of vote: 12.91%

5. Jah (70 votes [19.23%])

Percentage of vote: 19.23%

6. Vorrent (6 votes [1.65%])

Percentage of vote: 1.65%

7. Cdew (19 votes [5.22%])

Percentage of vote: 5.22%

8. Pookz (6 votes [1.65%])

Percentage of vote: 1.65%

9. OrangeMarmalade (83 votes [22.80%])

Percentage of vote: 22.80%

10. Sodah (16 votes [4.40%])

Percentage of vote: 4.40%

11. Snutz (24 votes [6.59%])

Percentage of vote: 6.59%

12. Lord Mes (12 votes [3.30%])

Percentage of vote: 3.30%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#161 Knazz

Knazz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:06 AM

Uckington could turn around a game like no one else could... could carry the worst 1300 players to top 5 if he wanted.

Kollektiv
Neilyo/Reckful both insanely good rogues
Veev
Vorrent
Sodah is very consistent
Hydra is super consistent
Flyn

Unmercy
Pookz
Raycharles (very underrated war)
Boozt
Serennia

Roguecraft!
And for sureee Swarm for saying GET ON KINTT RIGHT NOW.

Definitely missing some.. I remember there were some folks who dominated every BG at rank 1 in BC/wrath.

I miss this game back in the day... no fun anymore, and too much time needed for RL after high school :(
Xmo

Edited by Knazz, 12 February 2014 - 05:07 AM.

#162 Esiwdeer

Esiwdeer
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/1/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 276
  • 3v3: 1704
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:17 AM

It's doing something that your opponents aren't doing and winning that makes you the best. Innovating back then was harder and more... innovative - there were no streams, there wasn't an abundance of community where you could learn macros and whatever. There was like, an SK gaming list. It's like saying an army today would crush a Roman legion. That's not really the point, is it?

That being said: players back then achieved real dominance, which was the point I was arguing. I listed all sorts of players in my list: people who dominated tournaments, who dominated live and who made great videos. Why even have this thread if you have no logical assertion for why your opinion holds weight? Players like Draen or Athlete if you're talking about crushing a battlegroup. Like, Draen would go out of his way to find the teams below him and queue into them at 3100 rating while they were at 2900 just so they couldn't say anything. He's gone now. Snutz has done all sorts of shady shit to get where he is. That's the distinction I'm trying to make. How do you quantify Draen being better than Snutz if you can't do it with reasonable metrics?

Khuna, for example. Literally caught red-handed stealing someone's identity and he's somehow still a hero to the ever-cheating EU crowd. Really? Then you have dudes like Woundman who are like, unanimously loved falling by the wayside because they got a little bit of a life going. Woundman played in actual tournaments. Which MLG did Khuna win again? I bet you have the opinion that Khuna's better than Woundman. That's like saying your cousin is a better boxer than Mike Tyson. Do you think I want to say that? That is Spock-like emotional immunity. Woundman literally dispatched his Holocaust-Harpy Erkahdurkah to find my real life information so the old NAO crew could find me in real life and that is the grace I bestow upon my mortal enemy in the interest of logical discussion.

If you want to talk about videos that are entertaining, it doesn't get much better than TBC/early Wrath. Vileroze is apparently forgotten completely, and not because he looks like a giant Portuguese sperm but because he went from professional in this game to professional in League. Obviously an incredible player with a great legacy that is immediately forgotten because you saw Khuna stream Gouging a Blink in 2013. Nice work, Khuna. Gonna Gouge Mage; I can steal his identity after.

Continuing on the topic of videos: even Reckful paid homage to Mute/Kishkumen. World of Roguecraft is a classic. Vurtne's videos, Pandemic's old videos - cutting edge at the time they were made. So what the game got harder? They were still the best compared to other people. This isn't PvE where you're measured against something static. All you need to do to be the best is beat the players you're competing against, and players of old were much more honorable. Hydra is a god damned saint but all you EU scum are too jealous to admit it. Neilyo used to be a verb - who does that now? Nobody does it because shitty players who couldn't actually be the best complained that Vanishing abilities was overpowered. Nice work, fellas. Went from, "this guy Neilyo'd me" to "this fucking Death Knight has interrupt hack"

Realistically, if you have an opinion that you find to be globally meaningful about someone who got big post-Cataclysm you're just nonfactor. Seriously, what's the difference between that and saying, "I'm the best at Everquest!" Come fight me in Everquest, idiot. I will crush you. Is that menacing? Does it make me seem like a competent person? Nope, because the game isn't competitive. It has no competitive scene. It's like saying I'm the best driver who posts on this forum. You can't quantify it, which was the point of this thread. You could quantify that Bailamos is a worse driver than me, but only because you have evidence to show he has a penchant for speeding. All the people you listed were, at one time, shitty duelists.

Real legends never got Duelist. Not even once. Inactive/CAPS LOCK CREW not even mentioned, um. Zechs? Seriously. Those people actually earned money from this game and that's the only hallmark of whether or not something is competitive. Unless you can explain your opinion by saying this person was relevant the longest or this person earned more than anyone else or this person has more titles, what is point of competing to begin with? How would you Europeans feel to know that I've been playing a bit of soccer and in my circles I'm known as the best soccer player of all time? HAHAHA GOTCHA.

Anything after that is just shitty Europeans arguing over who is the best DDoSer. Fact: if you play WoW on EU you have to sign an anti-cheating agreement. No such agreement exists on US servers.

What can be presented without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. Jahmilli? Xaryu? Who the fuck? Everyone you're talking about being the best now were like, those weird guys who didn't have mics except for that one time where they turned it on by mistake late at night and you heard a woman crying for help and heavy breathing and just sat around in Durotar but were still high rated. Mongoloids, dude.

Unless you have LAN experience you're a big fish in a little pond. It's just a logical fact. Anyone after like, 2009 is just a reasonable-sized fish in an ever-shrinking pond. The argument isn't about who is the most reasonably-sized fish. It's about who is the biggest fish of all time. And Europeans could never be the biggest fishes you fucking idiots.

#163 Rageius

Rageius
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Quel'dorei
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:22 AM

flexx

#164 Neitey

Neitey
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:08 AM

View PostChanimal, on 12 February 2014 - 01:49 AM, said:

People get better as time progresses.

The players who are at the top now are better than those who were best in their time in previous expansions.

If you start playing now its extremely easy to copy what other people have figured out and get good quick. The people who figured out how to play well at least had half a clue, the "good" players today are turbonerd rote learners. They're also fucking BORING
Posted Image

#165 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2273
  • 3v3: 2634
  • 5v5: 2359
  • RBG: 2126

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:28 AM

View PostEsiwdeer, on 12 February 2014 - 05:17 AM, said:

Nice work, Khuna. Gonna Gouge Mage; I can steal his identity after.

I lost it at this part :lol:

#166 Rainbowmes

Rainbowmes
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/1/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2405

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:38 AM

Lord Mes is the most amazing arena player of all time.

#167 stalebagel

stalebagel
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 2091

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:59 AM

Earlier expansions catered toward the innovative. Top players were often defined by their niche, but with the growing popularity of streams and other widely available high-end arena content the necessity of innovation has consequently deteriorated over the years.  Any average player can now utilize all of the appropriate techniques needed to formulate success through a Jahmilli, Snutz, or <insert X class' top player> stream.  The playing field lost it's learning curve with almost every top player's play-style becoming transparent through the likes of Twitch.tv.  For better or worse, the skillful of this generation have ultimately become defined by the consistency of their rotation rather than by their own ingenuity.

Edited by stalebagel, 12 February 2014 - 07:35 PM.

www.twitch.tv/wowser8

#168 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:07 AM

View Poststalebagel, on 12 February 2014 - 06:59 AM, said:

Earlier expansions catered toward the innovative. Top players were often defined by their niche, but with the growing popularity of streams and other widely available high-end arena content the necessity of innovation has consequently deteriorated over the years.  Any average player can utilize all the appropriate techniques to formulate success through a Jahmilli, Snutz, or <insert X class' top player> stream. The playing field lost it's learning curve with every top player's play-style becoming transparent through the likes of Twitch.tv.  For better or worse the skillful of this generation have become ultimately defined by the consistency of their rotation rather than by their ingenuity.
So because of all that your lost incentive to play.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#169 Cutebaby

Cutebaby
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Daggerspine
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:15 AM

If we assume that WoW will keep running forever, it's most probable that he/she hasn't been born yet.

Some of you are arguing that people that started in earlier expansions are somehow better than current players just because they were innovate and didn't have others to learn from.
This is almost like saying that scientists in the 1500-1700s were better than any current. Of course going by that logic Archimedes must be even better, and Thales even better than him again.

Point is that you might as well rename this poll to "What is the best color?", or "What is the best number?" - the results would be just as incoherent and diverse as it is now because it is totally subjective, and there will never truly be a way to decide who was the best player, and this goes for just about any sport.
One can even argue that in sports that are easily measureable (I.E 100m dash, weightlifting etc.), it's not fair to rate the current world record holder as the best of that sport of all time. Can you for example say that given the same equipment, and the knownledge of how the body works today that Usain Bolt is better than say Carl Lewis or Jesse Owens?

In closing, WoW during its tournament prime (2008-2010?), as far as I know always missed the dominating force that we can find in other sports, so it was difficult for the crowd to pick a favorite as a team could be dominating one tournament, and then be one of the first teams to get knocked out the next one. To me this proves that WoW has always been very unpredictable (RNG-based), and solidifies my opinion that all the players listed are of top class, but distinguishing between them is next to impossible (nothing is impossible? :) )

#170 Ayrasaurus

Ayrasaurus
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2379
  • LocationYorkshire mates

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:21 AM

View PostRazghul, on 10 February 2014 - 11:13 PM, said:

It's fun see, cause he's the one exception where a player is named as the best without having 3000 arena rating :D /hail

This whole thread is a popularity contest, if you would truly want to pick the best 'arena' mage for example, orangemarmalade / jahmilli / ziqo etc. wouldn't even qualify cause Fakeyou is by FAR a much, much better mage in my opinion.

He's (oh, and GameKing!) the only mage I ever felt inferior too when watching him play + I've faced pretty much every 'top-tier/high rated' mage in arena and wasn't particularly impressed.

However, he doesn't have a shitload of friends/fans watching this thread as far as I know, so I doubt anyone will agree with me - and I'm sure everyone will disagree with me cause they're somehow related to the names mentioned above :/

#politics

What the hell are you smoking? game fucking king? are you having a  bubble mate?

Why don't we whack Gforce and Swifty up there...i mean they got  a load of views on WCM also right? We're talking about the best , not the most entertaining. Why is it so hard for dumb people to comprehend this.

How veev is on this list but hood, ocelote, and rdsa are not on this list confuses me.

On a more cheerful note...woke up today and it's snowing outside! Anyone want to come sledging? :3

Edited by Ayrasaurus, 12 February 2014 - 08:23 AM.

Posted Image

emotional

Posted Image

Thaya Ayra Omegatfwnogfboys2k15

#171 Neitey

Neitey
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:09 AM

View PostCutebaby, on 12 February 2014 - 07:15 AM, said:

If we assume that WoW will keep running forever, it's most probable that he/she hasn't been born yet.

Some of you are arguing that people that started in earlier expansions are somehow better than current players just because they were innovate and didn't have others to learn from.
This is almost like saying that scientists in the 1500-1700s were better than any current. Of course going by that logic Archimedes must be even better, and Thales even better than him again.

Point is that you might as well rename this poll to "What is the best color?", or "What is the best number?" - the results would be just as incoherent and diverse as it is now because it is totally subjective, and there will never truly be a way to decide who was the best player, and this goes for just about any sport.
One can even argue that in sports that are easily measureable (I.E 100m dash, weightlifting etc.), it's not fair to rate the current world record holder as the best of that sport of all time. Can you for example say that given the same equipment, and the knownledge of how the body works today that Usain Bolt is better than say Carl Lewis or Jesse Owens?

In closing, WoW during its tournament prime (2008-2010?), as far as I know always missed the dominating force that we can find in other sports, so it was difficult for the crowd to pick a favorite as a team could be dominating one tournament, and then be one of the first teams to get knocked out the next one. To me this proves that WoW has always been very unpredictable (RNG-based), and solidifies my opinion that all the players listed are of top class, but distinguishing between them is next to impossible (nothing is impossible? :) )

There's not much competitive left to WoW once the innovation is gone. It isn't a mechanically difficult game.
Posted Image

#172 Neitey

Neitey
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:11 AM

View PostBraindance, on 12 February 2014 - 07:07 AM, said:

So because of all that your lost incentive to play.

It's a pretty good reason to quit. The rote learning and mechanical skill aspects of WoW were never enjoyable to me.
Posted Image

#173 joefernandes

joefernandes
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1730
  • 3v3: 2835
  • RBG: 2203

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:41 AM

How the fuck is Kalimist not here ?

#174 Theles

Theles
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Lightning's Blade
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationFinland

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:08 PM

Lord Sonny from tbc :3

#175 khuna

khuna
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1942

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:38 PM

I was the best player of this shit game without even trying my hardest redcafard

#176 Dakkrothy

Dakkrothy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/1/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2484

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:54 PM

results speak for themselves, snutz hands down

and ofc my main man khuna <3

Edited by Dakkrothy, 12 February 2014 - 12:57 PM.

#177 Kettu

Kettu
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 960
  • LocationKuwait

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:06 PM

Posted Image
Source: http://www.arenajunk...awards-offical/

According to this recent research, it is statistically proven that it's impossible for an US player to be the best WoW player of all time.

If u voted for an US player, it is 42,0% likely u have zero IQ.

#178 justchecking

justchecking

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:51 PM

View PostEsiwdeer, on 12 February 2014 - 05:17 AM, said:

It's doing something that your opponents aren't doing and winning that makes you the best.

Ddos?

#179 swagoverlord

swagoverlord

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:17 PM

View Postkhuna, on 12 February 2014 - 12:38 PM, said:

I was the best player of this shit game without even trying my hardest redcafard
I thought french people were supposed to be happy and peaceful :o
Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! http://www.arenajunk...-rules-2272014/

#180 Neosaurfang

Neosaurfang
  • Asparagus
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Blood 2/1/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1656
  • 3v3: 2418
  • 5v5: 2203
  • RBG: 1
  • LocationGoldshire

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:20 PM

View Postkhuna, on 12 February 2014 - 12:38 PM, said:

i remmember when you couldnt beat hydra, and faked his id and deleted his team, haha good times.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<