Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-26 at 06:36. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

PTR Build - AMS Nerfed by 22%

dk

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#61 Seraphuslol

Seraphuslol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1903
  • 3v3: 2012
  • 5v5: 864
  • RBG: 1975

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:51 AM

Claiming? Please enlighten us what DKs have outside of AMS and the joke that is IBF.

We have our amazing 1% Health per second (2% if macroed) at 5 runic power per second.

That sounds amazing to everyone who isnt a DK, only DKs seem to actually understand how important runic power is.
Posted Image

#62 lol_awful

lol_awful
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/2/2/2/0

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:53 AM

I wish we could at least have old(ish) death strike back. We'd still be limited by runes, but it would be something.

#63 Schvetolga

Schvetolga
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1152
  • 3v3: 2534
  • RBG: 2060

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:09 AM

The fact is, with the state of the game where you have to cycle through defensive CDs before someone dies DK's are the only class where you dont have to cycle through ANY cds to win. Even if we do have AMS up you can just burst through it, unlike wall, parry, rage, dispersion etc.

With the hp going up with Prideful, AMS will theoretically absorb more but with the battle fatigue "buff" AMS will once again go down while damage goes up making it even worse than s14. Just thought I'd mention this for anyone using the "it scales with hp and hp goes up" argument.

We have our amazing 1% Health per second (2% if macroed) at 5 runic power per second.

That sounds amazing to everyone who isnt a DK, only DKs seem to actually understand how important runic power is.

Conversion is decent at best. There's not alot of classes nowadays that have to sacrifice offensive pressure to get some defense up nowadays. DK's are one of the few.

Edited by Urbandurban, 26 January 2014 - 06:22 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#64 brofistx

brofistx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Misha
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Unholy 2/2/0/0/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1819
  • 3v3: 2559
  • RBG: 1763

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:10 AM

Anti-Magic Shell- Surrounds the Death Knight in an Anti-Magic Shell, absorbing 75% of damage dealt by the next Ice Lance (Or half of the next Chaos Bolt) and preventing application of harmful magic effects. Damage absorbed generates runic power. Lasts 1 second.

+ rep if helped

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Posted Image

#65 akadeys

akadeys
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • Locationcanada

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:44 AM

DKs dont need buffs... maybe you should use your defenses for actual defense instead of trying to stick on the healer like a drooling retard

#66 Crlk

Crlk
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • 2v2: 1482

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:22 AM

At least rets can go holy so I dont actually give a shit how bad ret ever is. What spec can a DK go?, that's right we have 1 and its mediocre.

i wanted to mock your post but i feel like 420blazeit in your name says more than i could

#67 Ralin

Ralin
  • Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:42 AM

Holy fuck, DKs cry more than shadow priests.

Us rets don't even cry this much either. Pretty sure warriors in s11 cried less too.

It's really weird how many non DKs are in this thread crying about DKs. More people have cried about S5 DKs than about anything in this game and it's 4 years after the fact.

Who cares if DKs cry more than shadow priests? Shadow priests can respec. DKs can't. Who cares if DKs cry more than rets? Rets can respec. DKs can't. If you're still trying to compare your garbage snowflake hipster spec just kill yourself and save us all the trouble from having to read your opinion.

#68 Crlk

Crlk
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:23 AM

this is only @ the derps above who think their reasoning is legit:

if it's a legitimate suggestion to tell ppl to respec then couldnt you just reroll? 'rets/priests can respec' do you not even see how stupid that is..? what is the diff b/w telling someone to respec to a completely different role than to tell you to reroll a better class? why ask for buffs/nerfs/fixes if the best solution to everyone's problems is to fotm/play something else? pretty sure you all knew dks were a dps/tank only class when you rolled it. maybe you should've evaluated your potential respeccing options before now knowing how blizzard can't fix one thing/class without breaking another.

just reroll warrior /topic

#69 zenga

zenga
  • Members
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:37 AM

Conversion is decent at best. There's not alot of classes nowadays that have to sacrifice offensive pressure to get some defense up nowadays. DK's are one of the few.

ret holy power
ele/spriest hard casting heals (while they have passive healing as well)
ice block/dispersion/bubble
feint is an energy drain, cloak/vanish stops uptime as well
deterrence stops dmg as well
enhance goes either oom from casting heals or they spend combo points

Contrary to your statement, I'd argue that most dps specs nowadays have some form of a drawback that stops/reduces offensive pressure when using defensive tools in the broadest sense.

#70 Gamegon

Gamegon
  • Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:39 AM

if it's a legitimate suggestion to tell ppl to respec then couldnt you just reroll? 'rets/priests can respec' do you not even see how stupid that is..? what is the diff b/w telling someone to respec to a completely different role than to tell you to reroll a better class? why ask for buffs/nerfs/fixes if the best solution to everyone's problems is to fotm/play something else? pretty sure you all knew dks were a dps/tank only class when you rolled it. maybe you should've evaluated your potential respeccing options before now knowing how blizzard can't fix one thing/class without breaking another.

Gosh, I don't know why demo locks, fire mages and ferals aren't crying. Hmmm......Maybe that's because they have other options to choose from? Such as specs?

#71 Crlk

Crlk
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:57 AM

Gosh, I don't know why demo locks, fire mages and ferals aren't crying. Hmmm......Maybe that's because they have other options to choose from? Such as specs?

ye you didnt grasp my point at all..

#72 Gamegon

Gamegon
  • Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:16 PM

ye you didnt grasp my point at all..

I didn't even actually read your post, sorry.

EDIT: I just did now and you're missing one point. There's a reason why we play a different class you know.

#73 spelgubbe

spelgubbe
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1559
  • 3v3: 2683
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1710

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:40 PM

Are you retarded? If all heals and absorbs are reduced by 22%, why shouldn't DKs absorbs and heals also be affected? (Snowflake problem right here)
Fixed an issue during the Murozond encounter that could affect Death Knights and cause their Anti-Magic Shell ability to go on a slightly longer than intended 12-day cooldown.

#74 420blazeitlikeBalotelli

420blazeitlikeBalotelli
  • Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:05 PM

if only rerolling another class to 90 and gearing it was as simple as respecing at the click of a button. Cant wait for WOD, looking forward to double mage warrior vs double warrior mage every game.

#75 Schvetolga

Schvetolga
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1152
  • 3v3: 2534
  • RBG: 2060

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:11 PM

ret holy power
ele/spriest hard casting heals (while they have passive healing as well)
ice block/dispersion/bubble
feint is an energy drain, cloak/vanish stops uptime as well
deterrence stops dmg as well
enhance goes either oom from casting heals or they spend combo points

Contrary to your statement, I'd argue that most dps specs nowadays have some form of a drawback that stops/reduces offensive pressure when using defensive tools in the broadest sense.

You dont understand what sacrificing offensive pressure means. An ele healing is not sacrificing offensive pressure because hes not wasting his capability of being offensive since he doesnt go oom (mana is his resource and healing doesnt make him go oom). He is simply going defensive for a few seconds.

Same goes for ice block/bubble/dispersion. They're not wasting resources, just time.

Feint maybe, but unlike conversion feint doesnt cost that much and gives a fuckton in return. Cloak/vanish no. Just cds, no resource requirements.

Same with deterr, no resource requirement and thus hes just popping a defensive.

Enhance doesnt really heal outside of maelstrom procs and most of them dont care about it anyway, they just #yolo instant blast all the time and maybe crit 150k and kill someone.

Unlike all of this a DK uses his resources to go defensive and thus SACRIFING his capability of being offensive.

A spec equal to that of DKs is destro in the sense that they can use their fel embers for healing and thus - again - sacrificing their capability of doing damage, unlike the other classes.

Edited by Urbandurban, 26 January 2014 - 03:16 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#76 seadogsnrebz

seadogsnrebz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2460
  • RBG: 1953

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:54 PM

You dont understand what sacrificing offensive pressure means. An ele healing is not sacrificing offensive pressure because hes not wasting his capability of being offensive since he doesnt go oom (mana is his resource and healing doesnt make him go oom). He is simply going defensive for a few seconds.

Same goes for ice block/bubble/dispersion. They're not wasting resources, just time.

Feint maybe, but unlike conversion feint doesnt cost that much and gives a fuckton in return. Cloak/vanish no. Just cds, no resource requirements.

Same with deterr, no resource requirement and thus hes just popping a defensive.

Enhance doesnt really heal outside of maelstrom procs and most of them dont care about it anyway, they just #yolo instant blast all the time and maybe crit 150k and kill someone.

Unlike all of this a DK uses his resources to go defensive and thus SACRIFING his capability of being offensive.

Your argument is too logical. They'll never agree.

#77 ottishen

ottishen
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Earthen Ring
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1645
  • 3v3: 2409
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1334

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:31 PM

Are you retarded? If all heals and absorbs are reduced by 22%, why shouldn't DKs absorbs and heals also be affected? (Snowflake problem right here)

Because other heals gets improved by the increase in spell power and pvp power that the new gear will bring.
AMS is a % based heal and will only become slightly stronger due to slightly larger health pools, but it is not enough to counter the increase of BF. If AMS would scale with AP, then I would understand your point, but since it doesn't, your comparison is wrong.

#78 drewzys

drewzys
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rexxar
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/2/0/0

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:49 PM

I don't even enjoy playing my DK anymore honestly. The class is extremely boring, and then you pair that with having the worst defensive CD's in the game and yea DK is painful to play.

WITH IBF + Blood Pres we get 30% reduced damage. That's actually less than Shield Wall and wall has literally the same CD as IBF.

+ Half the time we want to use IBF we can't because any non-braindead team where it actually matters will just cross CC the healer then silence/stun DK at the same time. Then again, we can't use ANY defensive CD's while silenced. Shit, we can't even use our PHYSICAL stun when silenced???

DK just needs a complete re-work. For the rest of this expansion, fixing DK's wouldn't even be that hard. Old desecration, remove battle fatigue from AMS / Pet Sac and then remove Desecrated Ground (put old Desecration snare there instead). I don't want a Hand of Freedom or an Intervene-type ability, I want something unique. All uniqueness a DK brought to a comp is gone because other classes will always perform better than us in someway, and that's how it'll be for the rest of the duration of arena's existence until they fix / re-work the class.

#79 spelgubbe

spelgubbe
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1559
  • 3v3: 2683
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1710

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:53 PM

Because other heals gets improved by the increase in spell power and pvp power that the new gear will bring.
AMS is a % based heal and will only become slightly stronger due to slightly larger health pools, but it is not enough to counter the increase of BF. If AMS would scale with AP, then I would understand your point, but since it doesn't, your comparison is wrong.

Well you're getting about 20% more health so the "nerf" is more like 5-10%.
Fixed an issue during the Murozond encounter that could affect Death Knights and cause their Anti-Magic Shell ability to go on a slightly longer than intended 12-day cooldown.

#80 Ralin

Ralin
  • Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:48 AM

I didn't realize you could get an instant 90 and buy Grievous gear with honor. Ah jk you can't, but a Ret could. He's already 90 and could buy Grievous gear with honor with the 27k conquest point achievement.

So please refer to my kill yourself recommendation.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users