WoW 2200 ESO PvP gladiator priest warrior rogue mage hunter

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Chucklehead

Chucklehead
  • Members
  • LocationUS

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:40 AM

I actually got the imperial pre-order for PS4. I'm hoping ESO is enough to pull me away from my WOW sub but who knows. It IS still in beta. It looks as if it has potential though I'm not letting myself hope for too much. Saw some of the skill trees......I'm not sure if it was official or not, but the "rogue" type class had a skill called evasion that..yeah, you guessed it, increases dodge. Another teleport ability, the tooltip I saw actually said "step through the shadows to your target" just like shadowstep. One thing that got my attention though were the devs describing PVP as a central part of the game, rather than a duck-taped mini-game like it is in WOW. I've already seen the PVE nerds complaining that they have to venture into a major PVP combat zone to complete quests and it gives me a little smile thinking of all the times PVP has been shit on by PVE changes in WOW. One thing that concerns me though is where would the game go from here? How do they put out new content and expansions with that story line? You have 3 factions fighting for one central location. So one emerges victorious? They split the land into 3? Now what? Once this occured to me I got a bit skeptical. Is it just going to be one big never-ending battleground that never gets updated or expanded or changed in any significant way? That's certainly not going to compete with WOW. I can hope though damn it....I can hope.
On a side note, with the imperial pre-order I get rings that increase exp gain for me and one friend. Anyone considering seroiusly testing out PVP in ESO on the PS4 at launch hit me up. My pre-order is on one day delivery.

#22 Creamo

Creamo
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1648
  • RBG: 576

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:47 AM

Pvp focus is going to ultimately hurt the game, but it sure does make me happy. If i wanted pve I'd stick with wow.

View Postjaimex, on 25 November 2014 - 05:12 PM, said:

I don't even fotm

#23 Buglamp

Buglamp
  • Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:01 AM

ESO is going to suck from most reactions so far, as most sane people probably expected.

View PostCreepStatus, on 31 January 2014 - 10:42 PM, said:

if you thought guild wars 2 sucked you're retarded

the actual game was great, they just never came out with a content update, no arenas (for a pvp dedicated game thats a nessesity) no ladders/brackets for a long ass time. They just let everyone get bored of it before they did anything about it. You can't just release a game and expect it to upkeep itself.

The combat was dull compared to WoW, even though it did some things better, they just restricted you way too much, and too many classes played too similarly since it was basically a bunch of CDs and one auto-attack for everything.

The leveling ultimately was shorter, but not any less of a boring grind really, possibly even more tedious since you couldn't just mindlessly grind or farm instances like WoW, you had to be in and out of the map screen finding quests and shit but most quests weren't really any better than WoW's typical quests just a little more convenient since you didn't have to return to the quest giver.

I'd say "it sucked" is a fair enough assessment really.

#24 Chucklehead

Chucklehead
  • Members
  • LocationUS

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:24 AM

View PostBuglamp, on 09 February 2014 - 08:01 AM, said:

ESO is going to suck from most reactions so far, as most sane people probably expected.

Yeah I'm reading alot of reviews now of the beta and it seems to be alot of "it sucks, nothing new, boring". It just got alot of people excited because it's a huge title that went MMO. It seems like alot of the reviewers went into the beta expecting this incredible new MMO to end all MMOs because it's an Elder Scrolls title and the potential for greatness was there but they just didn't deliver. I'm just hoping the console version is at least a good play. It could still be a solid game after all is said and done. For some reason whenever I played an ES game on the PC I got bored quickly but somehow I could spend hundreds of hours playing oblivion on the PS3 and not really get bored with it. Probably has something to do with the fact that the keyboard wasn't designed with playing video games in mind. Nonetheless I'll be giving ESO a shot and hoping for the best. Looks like I'll still be grinding that 90-100 cap on my 11 90's though. Then still trying to run arena on 6 different classes rather than focus on one or two and wonder why I'm still a mediocre 2k player.....FML.

#25 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:10 PM

I played the ESO beta last weekend and I thought it was great.

Different people different opinions.
Posted Image

#26 420blazeitlikeBalotelli

420blazeitlikeBalotelli
  • Members

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:05 PM

PvP seems trash though. I mean its just a massive zergfest. run around trying to land spells on people before they die or getting killed by 8 people with no hope of ever surviving. Pve is okay game should be buy to play and free after that, but that payment method doesn't inspire devs to work on content.

#27 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:58 PM

Yeah it's not gonna be a good PvP game. I just like it because I can explore the world and just immerse myself. The voice acting is great and the storylines are fun imo.
Posted Image

#28 420blazeitlikeBalotelli

420blazeitlikeBalotelli
  • Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:13 PM

yep the architecture of the buildings etc feels great. I actually had the thought when playing 'I have been waiting for an mmorpg that looks like this for many years' definitely immersive. Crafting system is decent. Armor looks a little too glued onto your skin but maybe at higher levels it looks better. They will introduce ultra level graphics on release i heard so game will look even better. That and tightening up some of the animations and a bit of bug fixing should make it a fairly decent elderscrolls game without the feeling of crushing loneliness and pointlessness of it all that i eventually get when playing an elder scrolls game.

#29 Namechangex

Namechangex
  • Members

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:00 PM

Graphics are too damn real for me, they've spend too much money and time on it. (maybe not, I wasn't following). I got a brand new pc though, so I will prob simulate/pirate it.
Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! Use only common abbreviations and acronyms, and then give their definition as soon after their first use as possible. Occasionally, however, an abbreviation or acronym may be so familiar to intended audiences that it may be used without a definition. In fact, some may be more familiar than the full name. http://www.arenajunk...-rules-2272014/

#30 Mixarder

Mixarder
  • Members

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:57 AM

:hunter: :mage: :paladin: :paladin:

#31 Mixarder

Mixarder
  • Members

:mage: :paladin: :priest: :priest: :priest: :priest:

#32 Mixarder

Mixarder
  • Members

:mage: :mage: :deathknight: :duckers:

#33 Mixarder

Mixarder
  • Members

:priest: :priest: :duckers: :club: :diamond:

#34 Mixarder

Mixarder
  • Members

:hunter: :druid: :eek: :mad: :mellow:

#35 Mixarder

Mixarder
  • Members

:paladin: :rogue: :deathknight:

#36 Mixarder

Mixarder
  • Members

:mage: :paladin: :priest: :rogue:

#37 Mixarder

Mixarder
  • Members

:mad: :confused: :druid: :paladin: :priest:

#38 Mixarder

Mixarder
  • Members

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:58 AM

:club: :duckers: :deathknight: :deathknight: :warrior:

#39 Ravv

Ravv
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1804
  • LocationPoland

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:19 AM

Can't see a success of TES:O with the subscription price being higher than it is with WoW - especially that u dont rly know what are u paying for.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WoW, 2200, ESO, PvP, gladiator, priest, warrior, rogue, mage, hunter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<