• Whirlwind
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/1/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1596
  • 3v3: 2038
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationUS

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:40 PM

So, with the nearing of the release of Elder Scrolls online, one has to wonder how the WoW community will hold up. Will WoD save an already dying WoW? I for one think that "ESO" will be the next best thing. It will be everything wow was/wasn't nearly 10 years ago. Personally, i cant wait. Its time for a change of scenery. Did you play skyrim? Imagine it as an MMO. There have been many "wow killers" released over the years. This is the first by bethesda. I think it stands the best chance. Will it be everything we want it to be? Hopefully.
Why monkeys? Im starting to believe these monkeys have been snake bitten.. A whistling Dennis Rodman and a snake bitten monkey are no different. For these tree dwellers hath stolen the eggs of the momma parakeet. The howler monkey howls at dawn and dusk, the spider monkey yelps "yeeeeee yeeeeee" through the forest. Even the cud chewing antelope ease drop from a far. Tranquilize the monkeys and put them in a zoo, says the man with the red beard and boonie hat. And now I've got shit pie on my face?

Posted Image

#2 Riizla

Riizla
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1943

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:50 PM

Everytime a game comes out this discussion shows up and it always ends up the same way, even tho WoW is shit and losing subscribers every month, it's still the best of its kind and the rest either ends up being a flop or not getting anywhere near the expected.

So basically you need to wait and see how it will do

#3 Accelerator

Accelerator
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2011

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:56 PM

Cant really compare an rpg with a mmo-rpg honestly.  I'm the biggest final fantasy fan but havent tried out 14 O.o

Anyone have a brief review of ff14?
Swag Swag Swag

Woop

#4 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • LocationUS

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:04 PM

lol rpg and mmo are the same thing. If you take final fantasy and make it into an online MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER game, it become such. Oh wait, they did that. It was garbage. lol. Look ESO up. It has the potential. Its been in production for over 7 years. The beta alone has been out for nearly 2. I think it might go the distance. lol
Why monkeys? Im starting to believe these monkeys have been snake bitten.. A whistling Dennis Rodman and a snake bitten monkey are no different. For these tree dwellers hath stolen the eggs of the momma parakeet. The howler monkey howls at dawn and dusk, the spider monkey yelps "yeeeeee yeeeeee" through the forest. Even the cud chewing antelope ease drop from a far. Tranquilize the monkeys and put them in a zoo, says the man with the red beard and boonie hat. And now I've got shit pie on my face?

Posted Image

#5 AstroHawk

AstroHawk
  • Members
  • LocationSweden

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:01 PM

Well seeing as even the elder scrolls fans who have gotten into the beta says is really bad i don't think its much of a threat.

#6 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • LocationUS

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:46 PM

idk man.. Morrowind, oblivion, skyrim, all multiple awards and game of the year. Whats the other game made by bethesda that does really well? Killzone? WoW wasnt even in production for as long as ESO has been in production. WoW itself killed the best MMO there was before it (EQOA). Every game meets its end. WoW cant be the power house forever. I think if anything has a chance, it will be this. It depends on how well Bethesda wants the game to do, imo. Theyre going to have to put in the time and work. if they do, well see a great game, If not, well see another FF online, rift, or Aion. Everyone always goes back to wow. If you want a game to succeed, you have to eliminate the reason that everyone has for wanting to go back. People logged so many hours on Skyrim and it was all single player content.

Posted Image

#7 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • LocationUS

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:52 PM

View PostRiizla, on 23 January 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

Everytime a game comes out this discussion shows up and it always ends up the same way, even tho WoW is shit and losing subscribers every month, it's still the best of its kind and the rest either ends up being a flop or not getting anywhere near the expected.

So basically you need to wait and see how it will do

The thing about ESO is... The elder scrolls already has a HUGE player base/following. Take that PLUS the player base/following of MMO'S in general and what do you get? I agree with what you said.. Well have to wait and see, but i thing this one is gonna bust out on fire and shock everyone.

Posted Image

#8 Creamo

Creamo
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1602

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:15 PM

I got a few hours in the last beta stress test weekend. Gameplay was smooth, ran ultra settings flawless on my 2 year old pc, quests were easy and interesting, and first person mode felt as good as it did in skyrim.

Really looking forward to it. Others I know who tested earlier in the beta cycle disliked it, but changed their mind this past build. I think Zenimax online learned alot watching SWTOR get rushed out early, and flop. Glad they took their time.

#9 Ripgore7

Ripgore7
  • Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:20 PM

Well, EoS looks too much like single player to me... i'm rly sceptical about it, but lets see what time will bring

#10 CreepStatus

CreepStatus
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/2/0
  • LocationGAINZville, the Gym

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:02 AM

yeah you're just fanboying i'm a huge elder scrolls fan and ive played every beta weekend just out of boredom and its shit, wait for WoD and WoW gets fun again. If you're looking for a different game wait for Wildstar. ESO is a waste of money. Anybody that thinks ESO is "the next best thing" is a niave fool.
Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014/
the best playlist ever-https://www.youtube....FVT_S-TjfEu-GC2
NEW: best playlist ever 2- http://www.youtube.c...feature=mh_lolz
twitch.tv/bornlol
youtube.com/bornlolwins

#11 Minarixx

Minarixx
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1499

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:06 AM

After playing Daoc, Warhammer, Age of conan, aion, rift, GW2, and now wow, i can tell from what i've played in the beta, that ESO is garbage for a MMO. it's really catering to the console players, atleast that is how it felt for me, no tab targeting, no auto locking etc etc. it was really boring.

and for the wildstar comment above, wildstar sucks aswell, only 10 abilities? it's like guildwars 2 =\
www.twitch.tv/minarix

#12 Crlk

Crlk
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1482

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:37 AM

View PostClamnesia, on 23 January 2014 - 07:46 PM, said:

Theyre going to have to put in the time and work. if they do, well see a great game, If not, well see another FF online, rift, or Aion
imo aion is an amazing game(from a pvp standpoint anyway) i wish ncsoft would stop being so korean and just change the things that are keeping it only popular in kr/jp/ch. the first being the insane rng in every aspect of the game, it's ridiculous and just a filler to eat up time/kinah due to a lack of content, and fucking godstones should not exist. even so, if i were still 15 and could actually commit the time aion requires to be competitive, i'd probably still be playing b/c i enjoy aion's pvp/pvp content a lot.

also /delete gunners from the game

anyway ot: i watched a few vids about ESO/it's gameplay i'll prob give it a shot when it launches. as far as it being the wow killer, pretty unlikely, but i hope it's good.

#13 Crlk

Crlk
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1482

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:40 AM

View PostClamnesia, on 23 January 2014 - 07:52 PM, said:

The thing about ESO is... The elder scrolls already has a HUGE player base/following. Take that PLUS the player base/following of MMO'S in general and what do you get? I agree with what you said.. Well have to wait and see, but i thing this one is gonna bust out on fire and shock everyone.
yeah but a lot of ES's fanbase are console gamers and/or people who generally steer clear of mmos(some of the devs have even said that's been a concern for them while making the game). yes, i do think it'll get a huge amount of people playing at launch, but i'm pretty skeptical about it keeping many of them for any real period of time; it'll all depend on the game itself.

#14 CreepStatus

CreepStatus
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:42 PM

View PostMinarixx, on 31 January 2014 - 12:06 AM, said:

and for the wildstar comment above, wildstar sucks aswell, only 10 abilities? it's like guildwars 2 =\

if you thought guild wars 2 sucked you're retarded

the actual game was great, they just never came out with a content update, no arenas (for a pvp dedicated game thats a nessesity) no ladders/brackets for a long ass time. They just let everyone get bored of it before they did anything about it. You can't just release a game and expect it to upkeep itself.
Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014/
twitch.tv/bornlol
youtube.com/bornlolwins

#15 420blazeitlikeBalotelli

420blazeitlikeBalotelli
  • Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:23 PM

btw everyone who doesnt like the music i like, food i eat and games i enjoy is by definition retarded. Welcome to the internet.

#16 CreepStatus

CreepStatus
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:54 AM

View Post420blazeitlikeBalotelli, on 01 February 2014 - 11:23 PM, said:

btw everyone who doesnt like the music i like, food i eat and games i enjoy is by definition retarded. Welcome to the internet.

It wasn't a personal attack just a generalization. Some people are open minded some aren't. You want to bring a bring up music examples? Yes, there is good music and there is bad music. I listen to basically every genre, I don't like country, that doesn't mean I can't acknowledge that there are good country songs. I mean for some people, like you, it's a hard concept to believe there aren't biased people out there. I don't play x game because I prefer PvP, that means I can't acknowledge that game x has challenging/good PvE content? You seem like your bulb doesn't shine very bright.
twitch.tv/bornlol
youtube.com/bornlolwins

#17 Minarixx

Minarixx
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1499

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:49 PM

yea sure it was somewhat fun in scens in a small group, but overall it lacked alot of stuff, and customization was one of them. it got stale very fast

View PostCreepStatus, on 31 January 2014 - 10:42 PM, said:

if you thought guild wars 2 sucked you're retarded

the actual game was great, they just never came out with a content update, no arenas (for a pvp dedicated game thats a nessesity) no ladders/brackets for a long ass time. They just let everyone get bored of it before they did anything about it. You can't just release a game and expect it to upkeep itself.

www.twitch.tv/minarix

#18 420blazeitlikeBalotelli

420blazeitlikeBalotelli
  • Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:24 PM

View PostCreepStatus, on 02 February 2014 - 05:54 AM, said:

It wasn't a personal attack just a generalization. Some people are open minded some aren't. You want to bring a bring up music examples? Yes, there is good music and there is bad music. I listen to basically every genre, I don't like country, that doesn't mean I can't acknowledge that there are good country songs. I mean for some people, like you, it's a hard concept to believe there aren't biased people out there. I don't play x game because I prefer PvP, that means I can't acknowledge that game x has challenging/good PvE content? You seem like your bulb doesn't shine very bright.

Hey at least i have a vocabulary and dont associate everything negative = retarded. It's ironic that you use that word to describe everything. Go back to school sunshine.

#19 CreepStatus

CreepStatus
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:48 AM

View Post420blazeitlikeBalotelli, on 03 February 2014 - 09:24 PM, said:

Hey at least i have a vocabulary and dont associate everything negative = retarded. It's ironic that you use that word to describe everything. Go back to school sunshine.

you must be retarded so you're oversensitive to the word retard, fuckin retard.

Edited by CreepStatus, 04 February 2014 - 06:49 AM.

twitch.tv/bornlol
youtube.com/bornlolwins

#20 Envenom.

Envenom.
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Alonsus
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:36 AM

if anyone needs a key get@me

guess everyone has one now though

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WoW, 2200, ESO, PvP, gladiator, priest, warrior, rogue, mage, hunter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<