• Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2060
  • 3v3: 2731
  • RBG: 960

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:45 AM

January 20 - PvP Tweets and Blue Posts

Official Blizzard Quote:

PvP

That is good news! Are you planning to increase base resilience with the new season?
Yes

How big in game scale wise is Ashran? Like are we talking AV big or Wintergrasp big
From base to base is similar to AV but it's wider.
Would you say Ashran is a spiritual successor to AV? Or more like Timeless Isle?
More like AV

back to gear being the major determining factor in PvP success. Guess the accessibility experiment didn't work out?
I don't really see how you came to that conclusion.
dialing back resilience "as much as possible" says bursty PvP and emphasizes PvP power. Sounds like old times 2 me.
In WoD, health pools will be relatively larger and PvP Power is being redefined. It will end up less bursty.
Is this true for low lvl PvP too? Some spells are too potent in heirloom gear. Aimed Shot and Shield Slam can *literally* one-shot.
A lot of spells have base damage which leads to this issue. We're going through these spells to reduce the base damage.

so I was wondering if you guys could start doing realm rankings/leaders instead of region? A lot of friends and I are curious.
We've gotten the request a lot so we'll have to look into it.
"Instead"? Why not "in addition to"?
Certainly what I meant

It also feels lousy to work hard to acquire full grievous gear only to be killed by a dragon slayer in heroic pve gear
Yup, we've mentioned we don't want to end up in this situation again.
but I give you credit in admiting that what occurred was not what you intended.
Certain systems (like warforged and upgrades) that inflate ilevels didn't make much sense for PvP.
PvP not having them meant gear falling further behind.

I've already given you a good solution. Nerf dmg/healing by 65/55% and roll those numbers into a raid wide buff for players who pve
It isn't a good solution for the same reasons base resilience and battle fatigue aren't good solutions.
The entire reason why you needed BF/Resil is because abilities do too much damage/healing.
It's lousy to have a spell hit for 100k against a creature and 20k against a player no matter where you increase/decrease it.

as horde I frequently spend more time in random BG queue then in the actual games. Fix it please. Faction conflict !> fast queues
I wish it could be fixed quickly. I really do.

#2 Sosseri

Sosseri
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Demonology 2/1/0/2/2/0/.
  • 2v2: 2785
  • 3v3: 2868
  • 5v5: 2518
  • RBG: 2400

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:35 AM

heh heh
#Buff Demo Locks

#3 Fizion

Fizion
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 3v3: 2005

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:18 AM

View PostVanguards, on 20 January 2014 - 07:45 AM, said:

January 20 - PvP Tweets and Blue Posts

[blizz='http://www.mmo-champ...s-DLC-424']PvP

so I was wondering if you guys could start doing realm rankings/leaders instead of region? A lot of friends and I are curious.
We've gotten the request a lot so we'll have to look into it.
"Instead"? Why not "in addition to"?
Certainly what I meant

The 2nd response doesn't make sense.

#4 Adamds123

Adamds123
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/0/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 1795
  • 3v3: 1894
  • 5v5: 1151
  • RBG: 2123

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:59 AM

In WoD, health pools will be relatively larger???
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

#5 Doctor M

Doctor M
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/0/1/1/2/.
  • 2v2: 2087
  • 3v3: 2535
  • 5v5: 2218
  • RBG: 2308

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:38 PM

View PostAdamds123, on 20 January 2014 - 11:59 AM, said:

I'm guessing they're referring to the damage a player is able to put out, versus the ammount of health a player has.
I also got very confused about that, untill I read the "relatively" part.

Since they've already announced the ilvl-mush

View PostEsiwdeer, on 29 June 2014 - 10:58 PM, said:

But look how fucking dumb it was like, a bot could Drain Mana just like a bot could play Hunter ATM.

#6 Oohgod

Oohgod
  • Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:31 PM

Resilience will fix it

#7 Capers

Capers
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/0/1/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 1046
  • 3v3: 1423
  • LocationFlorida, U.S

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:42 PM

View PostAdamds123, on 20 January 2014 - 11:59 AM, said:

I believe he meant that as in 2k slam against a 30k hp opponent, as opposed to a 150k slam vs a 300k oponnent like it is now.
Posted Image

#8 Darksoldierr

Darksoldierr
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Enhancement 1/0/2/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 848

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:53 PM

View PostCapers, on 20 January 2014 - 08:42 PM, said:

I believe he meant that as in 2k slam against a 30k hp opponent, as opposed to a 150k slam vs a 300k oponnent like it is now.

Thats how rumors start
What do humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea.

#9 Capers

Capers
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/0/1/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 1046
  • 3v3: 1423
  • LocationFlorida, U.S

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:36 AM

View PostDarksoldierr, on 20 January 2014 - 08:53 PM, said:

Thats how rumors start

They've already said health pools will be lower, as they're doing an item squish. It's not a rumor, it's the logical way to look at it.
Posted Image

#10 BurncrawHD

BurncrawHD
  • Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:34 AM

View PostCapers, on 21 January 2014 - 02:36 AM, said:

They've already said health pools will be lower, as they're doing an item squish. It's not a rumor, it's the logical way to look at it.

The Healthpool will be around 70-100k HP.All thinking the healthpool is WOTLK-alike, but thats not the case, infact it's the case for level 90, which isnt the level cap for the new expansion.There was a vid from blizzcon, where a hunter was running around with 35k HP or something.

#11 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:18 PM

Don't worry guys resil and hp will fix it.

#12 Ravin

Ravin
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Frost 0/1/0/2/2/2

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:10 PM

I'm not saying I'm confident this xpac's PvP will be good, but it certainly has the opportunity to be so.  As goals, they are inflating HP vs. damage ratio, reducing crit damage, reducing (instant) CC, making us cast more, and scaling back damage CDs.  Now really all that needs to happen is for healers (and DPS classes where appropriate) to go OOM at some point in arenas, and reduce some (many) of the ridiculous defensive CDs we have now (I'm looking at you, iceblocking druids, double BoP, gateway, enh shams, and all of the 100 PvP trinkets everyone has).  Tone down *some* of the interrupts (e.g. double interrupts from warrior), and the amount of random CC like paralytic, shockwave, etc., and we have interesting games back again, hopefully.  

They are also reworking resi and PvP power, and (apparently) making PvP gear the advantage in world PvP again.

PvE gear (and trinkets) will still be bad in PvP, so that problem will hopefully not come back to plague this game as it did for 3 expansions.

There is no new race or class to balance.

All of this together seems like PvP will be much slower, more tactful, and not "kill him in 3 seconds with CDs or RNG procs/crits," which is good.

OPINION SECTION:

Honestly, I'd say my only real complaint is their position on CC.  They are scaling it back on a class-by-class basis (good), and reorganizing DR categories/mechanics, but I feel like they are going to do something stupid like put a CC on poly or fear or remove a rogue stun completely or something.  Imo, the better route would have been to bring back the old dispel system (including ret/spriest/warlock defensive dispels e.g.), AND/OR reduce some of the instant cast CC, especially ones that are non-magic.  

Certain level 100 talents look outright ridiculous compared to others (hpaly, mistweaver e.g. seem really, really good), but these aren't finalized yet at all so hopefully they will all be rebalanced.

It would also be nice to hear what exactly they are doing to promote casting again.  For mages e.g., it's simple: make frostbolt the best.  But for, say, affliction?  Will they remove soulswap?  I hope so, along with demonsoul, so our dots can do real single-target damage again.  Or they could just take haunt off the shard system and add in shadow embrace (maybe) and old shadow trance (maybe) and we'd have good single target burst (in this xpac).  But they don't like how affli dominated wotlk/cata PvE, but it's dominating it again now in MoP.  Maybe they will just bite the bullet, but I doubt it.  Also, there should be a glyph for priests that increases your smite/holy fire damage by e.g. 300%, but removes the healing component of atonement, so it would be a dedicated PvP glyph.  Priest damage got awful in cata because atonement made them ridiculous in PvE, especially on bosses with +dmg modifiers.  Atonement can be a thing in PvE if they want it to, but PvP priest burst shouldn't be gutted because of it.  Also, manaburn would be cool again.

Honestly, outside of select few abilities, I don't think interrupts are what prevents casting and made instant cast the big thing, per se, although it's a part of it.  I think many classes have too much mobility (can escape around pillar easily or keep uptime on you... priest sprint, paladin sprint, monk nonsense, druid blinks, warrior leap, gateway, mage sprint...), too many short-duration CC (shockwave, paralytic, hunter stun), some classes having interrupts that shouldn't (paladins, feral maybe), instant or hasted casts (sotf, psyfiend, paladin spams, monk spheres, shadowfury), huge defensive healer CDs that make not blanketing a mistake (lol), etc.  The biggest thing, though, is when all of this is combined with cast time slows, which are nerfed, but imo were nerfed in the wrong way.  Tbh, I'm fine with DKs and warlocks having them due to the way they are applied and the fact that they are dispellable/decursable, but hunters have never had them (don't need them), and rogues used to have to trade wound or crippling for them (seems ok).  I'd rather there be less homogeneity and then balance around that a la TBC "dedicated" PvP specs, but we might be too far down the rabbit hole to go back to that.

It also might be worth it to reconsider bringing back heavy mortal strike %, toning down or removing AoE/party heals, removing most self-heals other than hybrids and maybe warrior and warlock, and removing battle-fatigue, for the next xpac.  

But lots of my suggestions would cause problems too, so idk.  Fingers crossed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<