RMD Troubles vs Hunter Comps

RMD RMX yoloswagqtnoscopeheadshot420

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 EzGameEzLife

EzGameEzLife
  • Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:40 AM

We're having trouble as RMD after breaking that 2k wall. We've dipped back down into low 1900s, and gotten as high as 2050.

We're struggling really badly vs KFC, BeastCleave, and PHD (pretty much all Hunter comps tho).

KFC -- If RSham we train blue until death, CC War/Hunt in opener. It seems to be very 50/50. MW variants seem 100% impossible due to healing through bomb + clutch life cocoons. Pala and Druid variant we just open Hunter hard. Force pet sac, trinket + deter. Then our Mage goes splat after the first block. We try kiting/LoS to just wait out orb into kidney -> bomb, but our Mage just cannot take the pressure.

BeastCleave - Forces block on Mage, after it ends the Enh Sham goes HAM and splat. This comp we probably have a 10-20% win-rate. I try (as the Rogue), to cheapshot the world, peel the best to my ability, but literally no matter what I our Mage just dies. Enh Shamans seem to take 0 damage and we usually never touch them outside of CC's, kill targets are between Hunter and healer.

PHDk - Same shit as above. We usually never touch the DK because they sit in Blood Pres 24/7, but maybe that's why we have problems... We open Hunter hard, make swaps back and forth between Hunter and whatever healer.

I've tried using hard openers (blades/dance), soft openers (just dance), and essentially no-CD openers; bombing early, saving bomb for kill 2nd go-around, just not sure what else I can do. Every Hunter comp ends the same way. We get shit to ~5-20% in the opener, force major defensive, then our Mage takes unhealable damage, blocks, and sometimes dies from 1st -> 2nd block. Only things I can think of is our Druid isn't CC'ing the DPS enough to peel, I'm not peeling enough, or our Mage isn't LoS'ing enough.

TL;DR - Our general rule of thumb is just force shit in opener by going hyper-aggressive -> wait out stun DR and Orb/Dance -> Kidney + Bomb any target that has trinket down. Mage dies in that 1 minute we "turtle" for CDs to kill.

#2 jaimex

jaimex
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1800
  • 3v3: 2976
  • RBG: 192

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:44 PM

I didn't even read after KFC because I don't play those comps, but... HOW? You completely counter KFC in every way, shape and form. In every variant of KFC kill the warrior, force his trinket and kill in bomb. You don't even need to switch.

#3 Bigmoran

Bigmoran
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2098
  • 3v3: 2507
  • 5v5: 2598
  • RBG: 2303

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:17 PM

I will inbox you some strats vs these teams :^)

bigmoran | bobrosslol | skill-capped

#4 EzGameEzLife

EzGameEzLife
  • Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:23 AM

Thanks for the replies so far!

If anyone has anything else to add I'd appreciate it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: RMD, RMX, yoloswagqtnoscopeheadshot420

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<