• Misery
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2055
  • 3v3: 2256
  • 5v5: 768
  • RBG: 1684
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:51 PM

Its quite obvious that in order to become one of the best you need to play alot, you need to practice. Play the same class and play tons of arena games. This is something im already doing. But there has to be more to it than just spamming ques. How can i "boost" the improving phase? I have the binds, the macros, the game knowledge etc. just like you do, yet you are a multiglads and i am not. I understand that there are literally thousands of arena games in difference between us. But other than that, what is it that you have that i dont but is (hopefully) soon to have?

For example:

Positioning: this is obiviously something very important. This comes with experience. But is there any way to learn this faster, any tips on how i can improve my positioning drastically?

Mind game (anticipation): also something very important. How can you improve this? Obviously by learning everything about all classes, but to further increase your ability to anticipate, what should you do?

Situational awareness: again this is also something thats essential if you want to achieve success in arena. Since its such a vital trait i would like to get some tips on how to increase your awareness. I have quite good awareness already, but to further increase it what should you do/think about when playing?

So what is it that makes a good arena player? And how can you improve those traits and attributes thats essential to success in arena?

#2 Esiwdeer

Esiwdeer
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/1/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 276
  • 3v3: 1704
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:58 PM

Actually, it's really simple: if you think you are the best, you are the best.

#3 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:59 PM

View PostEsiwdeer, on 18 January 2014 - 09:58 PM, said:

Actually, it's really simple: if you think you are the best, you are the best.

View Postjustchecking, on 10 November 2014 - 11:58 PM, said:

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#4 Dayzlol

Dayzlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1573
  • 3v3: 2427
  • RBG: 1838

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:15 PM

Posted Image

#5 Ayrasaurus

Ayrasaurus
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2379
  • LocationYorkshire mates

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:33 PM

Gear early on in the season (Bis proffs/races)
A fives title to get access to good partners
The ability to play arena 4-5 hours a day most days
Only play strong comps
Don't make many mistakes

Edited by Ayrasaurus, 18 January 2014 - 10:43 PM.

Posted Image

emotional

Posted Image

Thaya Ayra Omegatfwnogfboys2k15

#6 swagoverlord

swagoverlord

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:13 PM

• Posted ImagePosted Image
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • You are the best

Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! http://www.arenajunk...-rules-2272014/

#7 Saikx

Saikx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arcane 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2137
  • 3v3: 2624
  • RBG: 2184

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:48 PM

except the obvious keybindings etc..

In my experience its a combination of obviously playing a shit ton and getting to a point where u meet good people, playing against good people improves you a lot. Playing with good people improves you by a shit ton, cause you start to understand how they think and what the goal in a game and your comp is, comps have usual patterns .e.g. how you play them and what combination of spells you want to achieve, the next step is how well and often you can execute these "combos". -> practice practice practice

And of course you have to work your way up to start playing with and against good people, none of us started playing with multi glads from day one. I got my second r1 with people that I just scouted by dueling them in durotar lmao

Its a long process of playing a shit ton of arena, getting known as a good player and meeting the right people, but as in a lot of games and sports the better your mates and enemies, the faster you catch up

Edit: to cover your 3 points

Positioning: be vocal and communicate with your healer, you have to let him know when you see huge spikes incoming etc, on the other hand he has to communicate with you even more when to go behind LoS, cc on him etc...

Mindgame/anticipation: knowledge. you play against a hunter ? be ready to take traps or if you are fast enough cs him when uses scatter shot, major point here again communication. know the spells and their cooldowns, playing against a priest? force trinket and painsup, then prepare burst with your teammates and your cooldowns etc...

situational awereness: yet again KNOWLEDGE, know the enemy teams cooldowns and spells and the goal of their comp, keep track of their trinkets cds and ofcourse the same for your own team. warrior has his swifty up again and you are out of block and openfield and in a bad spot? you better prepare your butthole and try to get through that situation with your healer, yet again communication.

all this you learn as you see by playing a shit ton and by aquiring the knowledge to judge a situation the right way

sorry for my engrish, 3rd language :)

Edited by Saikx, 19 January 2014 - 12:04 AM.

Posted Image

Visit my stream: http://www.twitch.tv/saikx

#8 Saikx

Saikx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arcane 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2137
  • 3v3: 2624
  • RBG: 2184

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:02 AM

ooops double post

Edited by Saikx, 19 January 2014 - 12:03 AM.

Posted Image

Visit my stream: http://www.twitch.tv/saikx

#9 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2495
  • 5v5: 1335
  • RBG: 192

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:27 AM

Pretty much what Sai said. I mean its pretty easy to see with the new ladder, people at 2400+ without at least a thousand game played this season are few and are mostly alts of people already at the top on their mains (valid for people with 300-400 games spread on 3-4 alts like Verdantstorm for example). Practice makes perfect.

There's other factors though.

I've been playing around the duelist bracket for many seasons and i consistently face the same problems, a lot of people around 2k-2300 tends to develop massive egos wich means they just won't queue with anyone they don't consider "worthy" wich greatly limits their practice sessions, they also tend to sit their rating forever to either get rewards as they're scared to tank or simply out of pride to not drop below what they consider "good" rating (usually milestones such as 2k and 2200), on top of that, most of those players actually stop improving there because they start to think they're too good to lose, so comes into play the endless amount of excuses on how the game is shit, how whatever comp beat them is skilless, how XYZ class is OP etc and they start raging and disbanding teams/dropping partners if they ever lose to teams they don't consider "worthy" based on above criterias, then they start the process all over again with other people. All of this completly shuts down any possibilities for self analysis required to improve your play.

Edited by GrieverZ, 19 January 2014 - 04:20 PM.

#10 Toitles

Toitles
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Wyrmrest Accord
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1748
  • 3v3: 2115
  • 5v5: 864
  • RBG: 1754
  • LocationOAKLAND CITY REPRESENT

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:56 AM

i want 2 b
the vry best
lik no 1 ever was
2 catch them is my real test
2 train them is my cause
pokemon
i will travl across the land
lookin far n wide
teach pokemon
2 understnd
tha power thats inside

affix said:

The #1 sign that your thread was unnecessary is if the you can copy+paste the thread title in to google, hit 'I'm feeling lucky', and get your answer

#11 Arnie

Arnie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:53 AM

View PostGrieverZ, on 19 January 2014 - 08:27 AM, said:

Pretty much what Sai said. I mean its pretty easy to see with the new ladder, people at 2400+ without at least a thousand game played this season are few and are mostly alts of people already at the top on their mains (valid for people with 300-400 games spread on 3-4 alts like Verdantstorm for example). Practice makes perfect.

There's other factors though.

I've been playing around the duelist bracket for many seasons and i consistently face the same problems, a lot of people around 2k-2300 tends to develop a massive ego trips wich means they just won't queue with anyone they don't consider "worthy" wich greatly limits their practice sessions, they also tend to sit their rating forever to either get rewards as they're scared to tank or simply out of pride to not drop below what they consider "good" rating (usually milestones such as 2k and 2200), on top of that, most of those players actually stop improving there because they start to think they're too good to lose, some comes into play the endless amount of excuses on how the game is shit, how whatever comp beat them is skilless, how XYZ class is OP etc and they start raging and disbanding teams/dropping partners if they ever lose to teams they don't consider "worthy" based on above criterias, then they start the process all over again with other people. All of this completly shuts down any possibilities for self analysis required to improve your play.

Repped. I agree completely. You get better simply by playing more, most of the time. Stop caring so much about your rating, and care about improving, and rating tends to follow after a while.

Also, I'm of the firm belief that it's the losses that make you improve, not the wins.

Edited by Arnie, 19 January 2014 - 10:54 AM.

#12 Dreoras

Dreoras
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/2/0/.
  • 2v2: 2200
  • 3v3: 2535
  • 5v5: 2337
  • RBG: 2427

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:54 PM

Duelist every season since s7 here.

I feel its really hard to find proper partners. Played to 2.3 3 times this season tanking and playing back up trying to find the right people. Now im at 2.1k and no one to play with. Life is hard and thats why I went back to raiding.

pce

Ps: 2.4k exp warlock LF 3v3 on EU, 2.3 exp this season as WLS and LSD. Up for any comp (no ragers) doomras93 skype holla
Posted Image

#13 Snuggli

Snuggli
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1925
  • 3v3: 2209
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:17 PM

View PostDreoras, on 19 January 2014 - 12:54 PM, said:

Ps: 2.4k exp warlock LF 3v3 on EU, 2.3 exp this season as WLS and LSD. Up for any comp (no ragers) doomras93 skype holla

shoulda sat dat 2.3k m8 and you'd be glad

View PostBraindance, on 11 October 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Go listen to some Bieber shit and leave me alone fucko.

#14 jaimex

jaimex
  • Premium Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 1743
  • 3v3: 3121
  • 5v5: 864

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:33 PM

2.3 too stronk

#15 Jontex

Jontex
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/1/0/0
  • 3v3: 2620
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:59 PM

Dont blame your partners after every game that is lost, not even in your own head. Always assume that you could have changed the outcome of the game, analyze the matches you win and lose, if you are really serious about becoming the best you should fraps/stream your own game and watch them. Aim to never make the same mistake twice and never stop reaching. Mindset goes a very long way.
Posted Image

#16 Dreoras

Dreoras
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/2/0/.
  • 2v2: 2200
  • 3v3: 2535
  • 5v5: 2337
  • RBG: 2427

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:29 PM

View PostJontex, on 19 January 2014 - 03:59 PM, said:

Dont blame your partners after every game that is lost, not even in your own head. Always assume that you could have changed the outcome of the game, analyze the matches you win and lose, if you are really serious about becoming the best you should fraps/stream your own game and watch them. Aim to never make the same mistake twice and never stop reaching. Mindset goes a very long way.

take my rep
Posted Image

#17 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/1/0
  • 3v3: 2495
  • 5v5: 1335

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:34 PM

View PostJontex, on 19 January 2014 - 03:59 PM, said:

Exactly, blatant examples of this is people bitching at their healers about dispels for example "wtf man i sat that full poly why no dispel".

Why not question what you used your trinket on instead?

#18 Pouncedd

Pouncedd
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2027
  • 3v3: 2831
  • 5v5: 1534
  • LocationOhio

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:54 PM

It's all about finding people you can learn with and playing with the. One of the biggest mistakes people make too is not fessing up to mistakes they made. It's very rare you can sit there and say " I played that game perfectly" there is always something you might have did wrong or you did a CC chain in the wrong order. Maybe you should have waited for a dr?

You have to analyze every game you play and always find out what you could of done better and once again if you make a mistake actually announce it and say hey I fucked that up but I won't do it again. If you actually give more attention to your mistakes then there is less of a chance you do that same mistake.
Twitch.tv/pounced for my stream

#19 Clickerz

Clickerz
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Balance
  • RBG: 1808

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:31 PM

The way to become the best is obviously practice alot... but not just mindless games. Look at the mistakes you made in certain situations, what you could have done better and also watch other peoples game play(from any PoV). Its super important to also try to play w/ people who are better than you so you can learn from them and also play vs better teams(not gonna get anywhere by mashing low rated over and over or staying at a constant level). Play 2v2 alot as a DPS and try to solo commentate what you are doing and explain why you're doing it. Eg, when a mage looks like he's going to orb call it out say I think the mage is oging to orb here so Im going to start running away now to avoid this situation(its 90% obvious when a mage is going to orb) or find something to do when he does. Or talk thru like Im going to try to force barkskin on this druid with x cool downs which is going to let me kill him in the next 45 seconds before its up again. Stuff like that can easily translate into predicting what the opponent is going to do and also make a plan in your head of what you want to do.

#20 Zaephyr

Zaephyr
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2416

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:41 PM

Tryhard like dakkroth and have like 6 mains so you're always ready to play Fotm!
"Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<