Ret (Quick target switch)

need a clarification

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 tess565

tess565
  • Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:17 AM

I 'm not a good pvp players and I've hardly done any pvp at all in Mop but I've recently read a topic from a 2k rating player that took me a headache.

We have enough CC, we even have 2 slows now and still people complain. Ret got one of the fastest target swaps in the game right now as they just build up damage on one person and unloads on the other.
I was used to mean a "quick target switch" basically when u change from doin dmg (pressure/whatever) from target 1 to target 2 (so actually i don't think anything can beat a charge>ms from a warr since they haven't other selfbuffs or debuffs to keep up before starting to do dmg) and I cannot really understand how a gapcloserless spec can perform a quick target switch if the next primary target isn't even in range (+censure stacks /etc,,,),
However it's possible that I truly never used the meaning of "quick target switch" in the way it's commonly intended...

so basically : what it's "commonly considered" a quick target switch and is retribution spec one of the fastest target swapper spec in game?

#2 Hiiwa

Hiiwa
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1751

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:31 AM

Watch out for these 2k rated players, they might disorder your mind.

#3 watchmepwn

watchmepwn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2184
  • 3v3: 2880
  • 5v5: 2354
  • RBG: 768

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:15 AM

wtf is this question, ain't it quite obvious?

#4 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:41 AM

Ret can switch targets quickly because they don't have to be in melee range to burst someone.
Posted Image

#5 Voidbringer

Voidbringer
  • Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

As Forumz said, you can do really quick switches with your CDs up, because more than half of your damaging abilities can be used at range and you really don't need to build up full censure stacks to be effective.

It all depends on your gear, as well as how the opponent is geared and how he/she reacts (and his partner(s)).

But aside from the fact that Ret is rather bad in 3s in general and really shit without CDs, you can do crazy fast switches and kills if your enemy doesn't react (pops major defensives, gets peels etc).

As an example (it was just 2s and shitty rating playing with IRL friends at 1,7k but still) I would take a spriest to dispersion within like 4-5 seconds (that's not including a couple of seconds to build up GoAK stacks) and then I switched and killed his Rdruid because he was retarded/bad w/e...which resulted in a hilarious arena, because my friend thought the druid left after she had finished off the priest with shadowburn. That's until she saw the scoreboard and me doing 1 mil dmg (doesn't change the fact that Retri is bad in the bracket that matters and any decent player can shut down Ret easily).
"There is nothing so uncommon as common sense"

#6 Loraine

Loraine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1783
  • 3v3: 2459
  • RBG: 1300

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:46 PM

Preposterous, a ret doing target switching during his cd's. I thought they were just cc'd for the full duration and just laughed at.

#7 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:10 PM

Mages for example are probably one of the worst classes for swapping. They really have to set up their nukes, and once they are on their target they have a really hard time swapping off because of the way their damage builds up.

#8 Darksoldierr

Darksoldierr
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Enhancement 1/0/2/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 848

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:09 PM

View PostFeliclandelo, on 18 January 2014 - 03:10 PM, said:

Mages for example are probably one of the worst classes for swapping. They really have to set up their nukes, and once they are on their target they have a really hard time swapping off because of the way their damage builds up.

Watch out with these comments, you never know when Holinka reads things like this...
What do humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea.

#9 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Discipline 0/1/2/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1943
  • 3v3: 1749
  • 5v5: 1826
  • RBG: 1504
  • LocationUS

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:22 PM

Rets are so OP. They're probably the most OP class in game currently. They are the actual gods of 3s. POOING ON THE WORLD
Ya know, i was born in west philadelphia. I spent most of my days on the play ground. Usually i just be chillin, relaxin, trying to act cool by shooting some b-ball at school. But on this one, terrible, dreary, horrid day, a couple of guys that were certainly up to no good starting making trouble.. I was the first one of course to step up and fight them back. Because of this, my mom got scared and made me move in with my aunt and uncle in bel-air.

#10 Neosaurfang

Neosaurfang
  • Asparagus
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Blood 2/1/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1656
  • 3v3: 2418
  • 5v5: 2203
  • RBG: 1
  • LocationGoldshire

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:30 PM

View PostFeliclandelo, on 18 January 2014 - 03:10 PM, said:

pretty sure fingers of frost works on everyone, not just the target he was attacking when he got them.
Posted Image

#11 jaimex

jaimex
  • Premium Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 1743
  • 3v3: 3121
  • 5v5: 864

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:10 PM

pretty sure he was being sarcastic

#12 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:22 PM

View PostNeosaurfang, on 18 January 2014 - 06:30 PM, said:

pretty sure fingers of frost works on everyone, not just the target he was attacking when he got them.

Damn you internet :(

Yes, my point was that most likely everyone except dotclasses can do swaps and just molest someone.

#13 tess565

tess565
  • Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:09 AM

Ret can switch targets quickly because they don't have to be in melee range to burst someone.
But since u can't burst than 1 each 120s (assuming u're not using a scaled down version of Evil Eye of Galakrass)... then probably is a bit too much saying retribution spec has 1 of the best target switch in game... maybe for 20s...
20s each 120s doesn't sound too much appealing...

How about the other 100s left out of the table...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<