• Talents: Frost 2/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1903
  • 3v3: 2012
  • 5v5: 864
  • RBG: 1975

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:19 PM

View PostNeosaurfang, on 16 January 2014 - 01:28 PM, said:

Why should it have a limit?

Idk about you guys, but at least in my opinion forcing 6 death runes in 6 global cooldowns with proper setup at 120k per application during trinkets/procs is honestly a little ridiculous.

Oh hey, I got asphyxiated and I ended up with 800k of Necrotic on me!

Idk, I just feel like it should have a cap.
Posted Image

#22 Schvetolga

Schvetolga
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2501
  • 3v3: 2881
  • 5v5: 2487
  • RBG: 2551

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:38 PM

View PostSeraphuslol, on 16 January 2014 - 12:39 PM, said:

Thanks ghostcrawler, I'm pretty sure we know how resilience works and that's not the part I said I'd be outraged about. That's the part I thought was funny. The ridiculous part is that necrotic has no upper bound limit.

You should probably level up the reading comprehension.

My reading comprehension is fine. It's you that's getting mad about nothing. You're acting like you'd be able to stack necrotics like this on a normal player, without him doing anything to stop you. No heals coming in at all while you're stacking necros. No disarms, no stuns, no slows, no nothing? Which game are you playing? If this was an actual issue, I'm sure more people than the odd 1800 player would complain about it.

View PostSeraphuslol, on 16 January 2014 - 02:19 PM, said:

Idk about you guys, but at least in my opinion forcing 6 death runes in 6 global cooldowns with proper setup at 120k per application during trinkets/procs is honestly a little ridiculous.

120k? Man, I wish I was you. I never get that much from a single application on a player target.

Edited by Urbandurban, 16 January 2014 - 02:38 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#23 Seraphuslol

Seraphuslol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:55 PM

If you cant get that much, you're either not fully geared or aren't running double strength trinkets

EDIT: Ok, I overshot a little, its actually 110k per Necrotic Application with full momentum

Edited by Seraphuslol, 16 January 2014 - 03:05 PM.

Posted Image

#24 Seraphuslol

Seraphuslol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:11 PM

Also, we need to turn this into a wide scale takeover of the Warrior board.

Quick, let's make more DK Topics!
Posted Image

#25 Neosaurfang

Neosaurfang
  • Asparagus
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Blood 2/1/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1656
  • 3v3: 2418
  • 5v5: 2203
  • RBG: 1
  • LocationGoldshire

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:00 PM

View PostSeraphuslol, on 16 January 2014 - 02:19 PM, said:

Why are they in a stun and the person they are playing with not doing anything? Also it's not like they can use equivilent cooldowns to top themselves off, if they cant los and lose them/heal it off in a global.
Posted Image

#26 Eazymothafukne

Eazymothafukne
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 1988
  • 3v3: 2604
  • 5v5: 1152
  • RBG: 957

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:21 PM

View PostStastro, on 16 January 2014 - 01:47 PM, said:

When my teammate dies just after I killed one of the enemies and a game becomes 1v1 — I wasn't talking duels.
2v2
http://i.imgur.com/L60huZm.png
150k Shield slam avatar crit. ^

Real gamers unite

#27 YasTourneySux

YasTourneySux
  • Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:36 PM

View PostSeraphuslol, on 16 January 2014 - 02:55 PM, said:

If you cant get that much, you're either not fully geared or aren't running double strength trinkets

EDIT: Ok, I overshot a little, its actually 110k per Necrotic Application with full momentum

You are such an idiot.
A liar and an idiot.

#28 Eazymothafukne

Eazymothafukne
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 1988
  • 3v3: 2604
  • 5v5: 1152
  • RBG: 957

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:28 PM

Much dk many hate
http://i.imgur.com/L60huZm.png
150k Shield slam avatar crit. ^

Real gamers unite

#29 420blazeitlikeBalotelli

420blazeitlikeBalotelli
  • Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:27 AM

It does have a limit, cc the DK for 10 seconds and it will fall off.

#30 Vadren

Vadren
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:15 PM

@OP: I play almost exclusively 2dps DK 2s with my friend's alts and warrior vs dk happens a lot to me in 2dps vs 2dps, so I'll give what advice I can. Even though I don't think a DK should lose in a duel situation, there is a lot you can do to beat 90% of them.

First of all in most cases if you're not trying to kill the DK first then you're probably selecting the wrong first target. DK's have a hard time living through a warrior's cool downs and unless the dk is bad or clueless by the time you kill his partner, and he kills yours, then you'll be hurting from disease rot. Of course this depends on the match up (what your partner's class is and what the dk's partner is. If it's healer/dk then you're probably fucked, but I feel the same when doing DK 2dps vs healer/warrior).

At the very least you need to be at a cool down advantage to win because I can't see myself losing to a warrior in a duel situation (all cooldowns vs all cooldowns and no los); gargoyle is too strong and I have too much healing above 35% hp (whereas warriors can't heal until 35%).

So then you need to figure out what situation you can beat a DK in. What cooldowns must you force (preferably before your partner dies) to be at an advantage. If you have a few cooldowns in the bag (shield wall, parry wall, rally, blade storm, whatever) and he doesn't have garg or pvp trinket and you're both below 35% hp, then I feel you have the advantage. So if you can force him to use those cool downs, and make sure you both end up at 35% (sometimes you may need to kite and only hit him during stuns), then you should have a winning chance.

A couple tips:

- You can't let gargoyle hit you. During gargoyle you can kite the dk, los garg and interrupt it if you need to. Chances are if he has gargoyle still you've probably lost, but some clever play may allow you to negate it. Worst case scenario you want to shield wall during gargoyle. Best case scenario he used gargoyle to kill your partner. My recount usually shows gargoyle being 50% of my dps during its duration (that makes it one of the best offensive CD's in the game) and sometimes can crit for ~60k.

- Your goal for spell reflect should be to reflect asphyxiate. He can mind freeze it off for nothing, so you need to use it cleverly. Particularly if he's chasing you and you're trying to heal up at a bit then you can use it to cover moments where you think you may be in his los. Reflecting outbreak is also pretty baller (put his diseases back on him). Also reflecting chains is amazing because you snare him for 60% and apply brittle bones (in case he parries colossus smash).

- You can kite a DK to let second wind do its work, but if you play too much cat and mouse he will heal well above 35% due to getting RP from coi, dnd and horn of winter fueling conversion. Even if he doesn't hit you directly. A smart dk fills extra gcd's with conversion macro spam.

- You can be asphyxiated during parry wall, which basically negates it.

- Disarm is your best friend for avoiding necrotics and soul reaper. Track his trinket because it's the only way for him to counter disarm. You may want to only disarm during charge stun and use it for your first global when you go in for the kill.

- CoI is stronger than hamstring, and hamstring feeds a DK RP so be careful. If you're going 'all in' on a dk, then you may not want to snare him. He'll take a hit to his healing and a hit to his damage.

Also if you want to duel for practice I have DK's on both horde and alliance US. Vadren#1175 battle tag.

@Others: Parry from STR is one of the dumbest things in the game - and it originated from rogues who were getting 50-60% dodge passive in previous expansions from agility. Both cases need to change, but I don't think Blizzard is going to. Sucks.

Also: necrotic is affected by resil and can't crit so... *shrugs* The scaling with trinkets and procs is way too much though.
Vadren#1175

#31 Stastro

Stastro
  • Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:58 PM

Vadren, thanks so much. I'm gonna have to digest this info :) Really helpful.

#32 Kaptenx

Kaptenx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1261
  • 3v3: 2275
  • RBG: 192

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:49 PM

Reckstorm