• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/0/1/1/1
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:21 AM

Does anyone else have mana problems in arena? I have mw/priest/hpal and I ONLY have mana problems with priest (I can last like 5-8 minutes before getting dangerously low on mana). I even tried reforging all spirit and putting 320 spirit gems in blue slots, and just find myself running oom much faster than other healers. Anyone else experience this and how do you remedy this? I try to be as efficient as possible with serendipity / keeping renews refreshed automatically and whatever else I can do to minimize the amount of mana I have to spend.

Edited by Taicookie, 07 January 2014 - 08:48 AM.

#2 Mogul

Mogul
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/2/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1784
  • 3v3: 2012
  • 5v5: 2269
  • RBG: 2021

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:02 AM

Yes Holy Priests are the only healers having mana problems, but thats one of the many problems.

#3 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:44 PM

View PostTaicookie, on 07 January 2014 - 08:21 AM, said:

Does anyone else have mana problems in arena? I have mw/priest/hpal and I ONLY have mana problems with priest (I can last like 5-8 minutes before getting dangerously low on mana). I even tried reforging all spirit and putting 320 spirit gems in blue slots, and just find myself running oom much faster than other healers. Anyone else experience this and how do you remedy this? I try to be as efficient as possible with serendipity / keeping renews refreshed automatically and whatever else I can do to minimize the amount of mana I have to spend.

Keep in mind that if you completely ignore other throughput stats then you will need to push more expensive heals and push heals more often, thereby still using a ton of mana.  Spirit is good to go for, but I still recommend int>spirit for gemming.

#4 stillermeister

stillermeister

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:40 PM

View PostUdderly, on 07 January 2014 - 01:44 PM, said:

Keep in mind that if you completely ignore other throughput stats then you will need to push more expensive heals and push heals more often...
This.
I actually go int>spirit>crit AND play with fdcl for extra instant flash heal proccs which dont cost any mana.
Also go with inner fire glyph against Warr/Monk who will go possibly for you, the amount of mana you save while not eating shitloads of damage is way better than running around with inner will.

Also have a look for other things which prevent your enemy from doing damage instead of looking for things which generate mana.
Like go with shackle glyph against dks to shackle his pet and gargoyle 24/7 to not even have to press that much heals, dispell dk dots as much as possible etc.

Edited by stillermeister, 07 January 2014 - 02:46 PM.

#5 Taicookie

Taicookie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/0/1/1/1
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:31 PM

Yeah I do most of that. I gem int/spirit gems on reds so maybe I'll switch to full int on reds. I dispel damage and dots when I'm not expecting cc and I do my fair share of fears/void tendrils/psyfiend - I understand preventing damage is indirectly healing. I do go inner fire glyph against double physical dps in case they switch to me. I just feel like despite all this, compared to other healers, we run oom so much faster/easier. Was just wondering if was just me. Thanks!

#6 justchecking

justchecking
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1702
  • 3v3: 2796
  • 5v5: 384
  • RBG: 2362

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:58 PM

Druids oom too mate its all about know how to heal efficiently, use serendipity procs etc. Playing both hpriest and druid at 2300 this season tbh the games end before you oom I only really oom in 5s so I'm not too sure how you are managing to oom in 3s?

#7 Loraine

Loraine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1783
  • 3v3: 2459
  • RBG: 1300

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:24 AM

All healers burn through mana with the retarded burst around. But what's stopping you from using spectral and steroid feathers to drink? Drinking reduces pressure as someone should come and stop you getting that drink and if they don't well your back on full mana with the ability to heal with your full utility.

#8 Mogul

Mogul
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:31 PM

View Postjustchecking, on 10 January 2014 - 12:58 PM, said:

Druids oom too mate its all about know how to heal efficiently, use serendipity procs etc. Playing both hpriest and druid at 2300 this season tbh the games end before you oom I only really oom in 5s so I'm not too sure how you are managing to oom in 3s?

I`ve played WMP for most of my games, and found myself having mana problems when long games vs spellcleaves, where pressure is really high.

#9 endocytotic

endocytotic
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/1/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1944
  • 3v3: 1854
  • 5v5: 2207
  • RBG: 959

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:34 PM

You aren't healing efficiently. I barely run out of mana, I'm also gemmed and reforged for it too. Except for this very seconds, testing something.

#10 Mogul

Mogul
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:49 PM

View Postendocytotic, on 15 January 2014 - 01:34 PM, said:

You aren't healing efficiently. I barely run out of mana, I'm also gemmed and reforged for it too. Except for this very seconds, testing something.

Do please learn me how to heal efficiently.
When you have a lock putting pressure of all team and a dk poppin` gargoyle doing so much freakin` dmg, you cant do anything else but spam healing. One CC on you and you already fall behind in healing. Plus its only renew and circle of healing for aoe healing and renew its so easly purged of.

Playing on my Rdruid at 2.2mmr and meeting this kind of team its actually a pain healing or even against dk/ele/rdruid. Innervating at 75-80% mana to try using it on CD.

Thing is with the absurd dmg theres ingame atm its actually really hard to keep up with mana. And mostly talking about long games where you go to debuff, prolly diff on low mmr.

#11 Maalrian

Maalrian
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow
  • RBG: 960

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:36 PM

I've tried all healers at least above 2k and priest (Which I main) easily have the worst regen. As soon as you cannot live on instant casts and have to hard cast your flash heals to keep up with the pressure, your mana drops like a stone in the sea.

#12 Kekmoo

Kekmoo
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2357
  • 3v3: 2733
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 960
  • LocationEngland

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:40 AM

View PostLoraine, on 15 January 2014 - 10:24 AM, said:

All healers burn through mana with the retarded burst around. But what's stopping you from using spectral and steroid feathers to drink? Drinking reduces pressure as someone should come and stop you getting that drink and if they don't well your back on full mana with the ability to heal with your full utility.
jk you can't drink as a holypriest

#13 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:23 PM

Just play a fast comp. You will lose soon after guardian and lifeswap are used, almost always.

Edited by Djandawg, 23 January 2014 - 04:30 PM.

#14 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:17 PM

View PostMaalrian, on 15 January 2014 - 02:36 PM, said:

your mana drops like a stone in the sea.
what if the stone is pumice and there is a lot of wind?:o

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: holy, priest, mana, spirit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<