• EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1969
  • 3v3: 2090
  • RBG: 954
  • LocationStuttgart, Germany

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:09 PM

Has anyone actually tried KFC with a druid healer? Is it any viable atm?

Someone told me the druid would have a hard time topping the hunter, but I can't necessarily see why exactly. Might be missing something though, so any shared experience would be nice.

Thanks already for your replies
LSx comps making dreams come true since S7

Read the About Me Section if you have any questions

#2 Rhee

Rhee
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 2401
  • RBG: 384

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:25 PM

the reason why sham kfc is so dumb atm is because the shaman can counter wizards with grounding totem / shear, on top of that the goat debuff exists which makes wizards want to rip their heads off.

shaman can avoid cc for a while and keep his teammates up easily.

druid can work, but obviously you are going to be ccd a lot more, and you can't keep the team as offensive as a shaman can. i guess clones are good for control but KFC is all about staying offensive.

i think RMD or WMD is a lot better for druids just because the class composition is better.

it can definitely be viable though.. i think.

#3 OMGitsSart

OMGitsSart
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:33 PM

View PostRhee, on 06 January 2014 - 02:25 PM, said:

the reason why sham kfc is so dumb atm is because the shaman can counter wizards with grounding totem / shear, on top of that the goat debuff exists which makes wizards want to rip their heads off.

shaman can avoid cc for a while and keep his teammates up easily.

druid can work, but obviously you are going to be ccd a lot more, and you can't keep the team as offensive as a shaman can. i guess clones are good for control but KFC is all about staying offensive.

i think RMD or WMD is a lot better for druids just because the class composition is better.

it can definitely be viable though.. i think.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I was aware that RMD/WMD are a lot stronger than FKC with a druid. My thoughts were basically around the same concept that you talked about. Keeping my team hotted up, so I can go offensive with HotW myself :o but I guess that won't work out then?

#4 Azyos

Azyos
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fury 1/1/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1835
  • 3v3: 2403
  • 5v5: 2165
  • RBG: 2023
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:38 PM

Valid points above, but also due to the nature of hunter defensives - you're either taking very little to no damage when using defensives / positioned defensively or taking the full dick when not. Shaman burst healing/totems etc seem to just compliment hunters nicely right now, whereas other healers may struggle.

#5 Rhee

Rhee
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 2401
  • RBG: 384

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:45 PM

i guess you can keep your team offensive for 45 seconds with heart hots and damage from yourself. but after the 45, (or even during) you are going to be a lot more susceptible to CC opposed to a shaman, which will disrupt your team's pressure.

shamans are just better than druids for this comp since they can provide double freedom, tremor, and stop CC to be extremely offensive throughout the whole game.

the opposing team will be able to do WAY more (i.e. cast) vs. a druid.

this isn't always true, but i feel like druids are only top tier when they have a mage to have ice block as a second out. i dont know about EU, but there is actually a druid that runs beast cleave successfully at 2500++mmr.

Edited by Rhee, 06 January 2014 - 02:46 PM.

#6 OMGitsSart

OMGitsSart
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:51 PM

I see you guys' points. I actually feel kinda dumb right now, for not coming up with all this myself x) Anyways, thanks to both for the quick and detailled replies! :)

#7 Romz

Romz
  • Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:08 PM

I ran druid kfc to 2310 literally yesterday so there are a couple of things.

1. I felt like I was forced to go tree form to keep the hunter up vs other KFC teams who would just cc me until the end of time. Don't get me wrong... tree form is great and counters reck and other cooldowns perfectly, but the whole point to bring an rdruid is for the cyclones right? You will never clone a shaman who keeps himself tucked behind the pillar if you're running tree form... never. Cloning warriors is also more challenging for obvious reasons but it's not a game changer because I can still get them off .

2. Your hunter flops and HOTW will need to be used for healing like 90% of the time. Yeh.. good luck doing more than a moonfire and 1-2 wraths.

3. There is literally no room for error. I'll never forgot my game yesterday. I displacered to NS clone the enemy shaman who was coming out of a trap. The enemy hunter literally Korean silenced me and then  preceded to purge my NS. I bet you can guess what happened when we didn't get the kill on the hunter and 20 seconds later I got full trapped with no NS to heal my hunter.

It's fun and it works against anything that isn't a KFC but it's also stressful and you'll probably need to see your doctor for heart and blood pressure issues in a couple of years.

#8 Euthe

Euthe
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1737
  • 3v3: 2024
  • 5v5: 1396
  • RBG: 767

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:26 PM

Of course it's viable with how druids are atm, just not preferable, but it's certainly not the worst

#9 OMGitsSart

OMGitsSart
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:49 AM

View PostEuthe, on 06 January 2014 - 08:26 PM, said:

Of course it's viable with how druids are atm, just not preferable, but it's certainly not the worst

Well, not preferable can mean several things. There is "not preferable" as in "there are overpowered comps like WMD that give you free rating instead of having to work for it" and then there is not preferable as in "playing holy priest during wotlk". :D

But I guess druid KFC falls into the first category atm

#10 Euthe

Euthe
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1737
  • 3v3: 2024
  • 5v5: 1396
  • RBG: 767

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:09 PM

View PostOMGitsSart, on 07 January 2014 - 07:49 AM, said:

Well, not preferable can mean several things. There is "not preferable" as in "there are overpowered comps like WMD that give you free rating instead of having to work for it" and then there is not preferable as in "playing holy priest during wotlk". :D

But I guess druid KFC falls into the first category atm

yeah, druid is pretty nice right now, it can work but there are quite a few overpowered comps for druids -.-

#11 Eazymothafukne

Eazymothafukne
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 1988
  • 3v3: 2604
  • 5v5: 1152
  • RBG: 957

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:52 AM

Druid kfc is not good. Rshaman priest and pala kfc is 10x better.
http://i.imgur.com/L60huZm.png
150k Shield slam avatar crit. ^

Real gamers unite

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Druid, KFC, 3s, 3v3, arena

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<