• Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Retribution 2/2/0/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1634
  • 3v3: 480
  • RBG: 953

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:44 PM

So i was interested in hearing some good comps and what strats to go along with it.  I was fond of Warrior/Hpally...but it feels like once you play any half coordinated team, we get cc'd to death all game and never really have control  of the fight.

So im up for strats, or good classes to play with.  Brutal honesty please!  Also any advanced tricks/things i should know as a hpally.  Ty in advance.

#2 Markpally

Markpally

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:43 AM

Well, Hpally/Warrior is a really strong 2s comp. WW/Hpally, DK/Hpally, and Mage/Hpally are also really strong. Pallys are really strong with melee. Unless you're queing into a shaman, you should use pally fear to maximize CC and use freedoms offensively to keep your (melee) DPS offensive. Try forcing trinket and putting the healer in a full fear so they fear path into Africa, and your DPS can burst. Against double DPS, I would strongly suggest using Holy Avenger. I personally get the WORST RNG and like never get procs with Divine Purpose, so I use Holy Avenger a lot.

tl;dr: Run with a mongo melee, keep them offensive with freedoms, go fear-spec as much as possible (except against most shaman comps) to try and force trinkets, and most importantly, rotate through your cooldowns properly and try not to overlap them.

#3 Germla

Germla

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:01 AM

Paladin/Melee is going to be your best bet. The biggest issue with playing as a paladin is that you're without a doubt the most defensive healer in the game. Your strengths are powerful heals, durability, and powerful short-term buffs, such a freedom and Hand of Protection. Playing with a warrior/DK/Feral/Windwalker will require you to land some perfectly timed Fears or Hammers in order to keep your DPS on-target for as long a time as possible. With the pressure output available to the aforementioned classes, one or two CCs can score you the win. You need to make sure you are keeping your Freedoms up on your DPS so he can stick to his target--this will allow you to lead the mana game, which eventually (with dampening) will give your team the advantage.

If you deign to play with a caster, that can also be very, very dangerous. Elemental Shaman/Frost Mage/Destro Lock can be given Hand of Protection offensively, followed by Devotion Aura to give them between 8-14 seconds of interrupt-free offensive casting. Coordinated with offensive cooldowns on the caster's part, and you can easily burst down someone after their trinket has been used. This route is less effective and harder to coordinate, but has worked for me in the past.

tl;dr - don't be lazy, read the post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<