Help

Recent Holinka tweets concerning DKs in arena. [SPOILER: Working as Intended]

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#61 Gamegon

Gamegon
  • Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:31 AM

The question I've always wondered is why people always mention season 5 as soon as a general class balance dk thread appears.

I don't see anyone mentioning about warriors in the tbc seasons, s8 and s12 when a warrior QQ thread appears :)

In other note, why do mages get hotfix buffs 2 days after a patch gets released but dks have to wait an expansion for our bugs to be fixed? :)

#62 Schvetolga

Schvetolga
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2501
  • 3v3: 2808
  • 5v5: 2278
  • RBG: 2551

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:43 AM

View PostWallirik, on 31 December 2013 - 12:28 AM, said:

Yeah.
Bias, as in every single DK thinking: if not s5, unviable class.

Yes, that's exactly what we're all saying. We're totally not saying fix AMS so it actually absorbs a decent amount, fix the grip bug which has existed the entire expansion and just some decent survivability overall. Way to read the thread.

View PostGreyz, on 31 December 2013 - 12:48 AM, said:

Its funny how only people disapproving this statement are 2,2k dks from s5 / s9 :D

It's funny how you acquire so much information just by reading someones post on AJ. How did you figure out for a fact that we're all 2.2 :o? Teach me your ways, oh master information acquirer.

View PostCrawthz, on 30 December 2013 - 11:47 PM, said:

Joe got it from 3s playing WPS.

Good for him, too bad the backwater BG system doesn't exist anymore. And just because someone manages to get R1 playing with the absolute top of players doesn't make a class viable/balanced. Katsoura plays with Minpojke and Zeepeye, do the rest of us have access to these kind of players? I think not. Pretty sure Joe didn't play with anything but the top either.

Edited by Urbandurban, 31 December 2013 - 01:47 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#63 Stratos

Stratos

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:28 AM

You people saying DK's are fine do you actually encounter and lose to dk's?
Posted Image

#64 Darksoldierr

Darksoldierr
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:05 AM

View PostStratos, on 31 December 2013 - 03:28 AM, said:

You people saying DK's are fine do you actually encounter and lose to dk's?

I actually lost to one in 2v2 yersterday, i had to shower five times ever since
What do humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea.

#65 Darksoldierr

Darksoldierr
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:08 AM

View PostStratos, on 30 December 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

Lets play a game it's called find the DK's above 2200 (glad)

http://us.battle.net...ards/3v3#page=1

Did you win?

I found two in EU top 50, game is balanced, its fact.
What do humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea.

#66 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:16 AM

I like how people only use statistics when they're beneficial to their arguments.

Like the guy who says DKs are fine because they have 3% rep, then someone comes in and points out that it's the same rep Warriors had last season and they were seen as pretty bad at the time, to which everyone who disagrees just states ''rep doesn't matter'', even though it apperantly mattered earlier in the thread.
Posted Image

#67 Greyz

Greyz
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1935
  • 3v3: 2214
  • RBG: 192

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:26 PM

It's funny how you acquire so much information just by reading someones post on AJ. How did you figure out for a fact that we're all 2.2 :o? Teach me your ways, oh master information acquirer.

Open profile->armory->DK with 1800 rating atm and 200-200 ratio + 2200 from 2009 or 2011 ^^, exactly why I set dk on my profile where u can see taht I made dk just reacently with total 400 games played and 2050 this season with honor gear...took me so long time to learn this hard class from 0 that I reached same or higher rating then all these dks qqing here which were 2,2k + in previous seasons...hmm whats up with that :o

Once again this does not apply to people who can actually play DK class, but to people who got carried by buffs and now are wondering why they are at bottom and blame it on class instead of the player :)

Also before you start going 2050 IS NOTHING etc, thats not my point, my point is people qqing atm are 1800 and are playing this class for a while ;)

Edited by Greyz, 31 December 2013 - 12:29 PM.

#68 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:46 PM

If you feel like win/loss matters in a patch where you cannot reset your ratings, you are rather deluded.

In fact, win/loss never mattered. It never meant anything.

I recently decided to play with a PvE friend to get him his elite gear. That fucked up my win/loss pretty hard. Now I'm suddenly a bad player? Sound logic right there.
Posted Image

#69 Neeeks

Neeeks
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1042
  • 3v3: 1958
  • LocationFinland

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:50 PM

This is why we cant have nice things.

Why is it that every single time that when dk as a class is broken it is the playerbase of dks that gets the blame for asking fixes or even nerfs to some other class but whenever were dealing with another class being broken it is ok for them to ask fixes for their class?

People should really give up on their grudges and realise that we are not developing the game but just simply playing it.

Dont hate the player hate the game.

# I also do believe dks are fine to some extent but few other classes are just so obnoxiously flooded with different kinds of speeds/jumps/blinks/defenses that we just simply cant keep up

Edited by Neeeks, 31 December 2013 - 12:52 PM.

#70 Bridgey

Bridgey
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1222
  • 3v3: 2113
  • RBG: 1974
  • LocationSouth West England

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:49 PM

View PostGreyz, on 31 December 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

Open profile->armory->DK with 1800 rating atm and 200-200 ratio + 2200 from 2009 or 2011 ^^, exactly why I set dk on my profile where u can see taht I made dk just reacently with total 400 games played and 2050 this season with honor gear...took me so long time to learn this hard class from 0 that I reached same or higher rating then all these dks qqing here which were 2,2k + in previous seasons...hmm whats up with that :o

Once again this does not apply to people who can actually play DK class, but to people who got carried by buffs and now are wondering why they are at bottom and blame it on class instead of the player :)

Also before you start going 2050 IS NOTHING etc, thats not my point, my point is people qqing atm are 1800 and are playing this class for a while ;)

I played my DK above 2.2 last season as DK/SP/Rshaman and we where like the only one above 2050 in Misery and I still think DK right now is unplayable not because of the class itself but because of how retardedly OP the other specs are making it unplayable for classes like DK.

And if you check my DK now you will find him at like 1900 because all my friends have quit because the state of the game is complete bullshit.
Posted Image

#71 Greyz

Greyz
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1935
  • 3v3: 2214
  • RBG: 192

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:44 PM

View PostMvpstar, on 31 December 2013 - 01:49 PM, said:

I played my DK above 2.2 last season as DK/SP/Rshaman and we where like the only one above 2050 in Misery and I still think DK right now is unplayable not because of the class itself but because of how retardedly OP the other specs are making it unplayable for classes like DK.

And if you check my DK now you will find him at like 1900 because all my friends have quit because the state of the game is complete bullshit.

You were only one above 2050 on misery? cool story bro, go count the PHDs and shadowcleaves that got 2,5k-2,75k ^^

Btw read up on http://en.wikipedia....g–Kruger_effect, maybe u start understanding yourselves ;)

View PostMvpstar, on 31 December 2013 - 01:49 PM, said:

and I still think DK right now is unplayable not because of the class itself but because of how retardedly OP the other specs are making it unplayable for classes like DK.

and now we are back to exactly what I stated from start, It is not dks being weak, but warriors and mages being over the top, so I don't understand the dks crying, hf tho :)

Edited by Greyz, 31 December 2013 - 03:50 PM.

#72 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:46 PM

View PostkeLston, on 30 December 2013 - 09:39 PM, said:

Says the mage, the 2nd most repped pure DPS class at the end of last season. I'll be sure to take your unbiased view into account. I'm also sure your 1 hat can call Veev a fotm reroller despite the fact that he's one of the oldest warriors on the scene being that his team invented the TSG comp. But what would you know? You're nobody.

You use the word. But I don't think you know what it means. Especially when I use your site's data against you. Are you mad?

Are facts inconvenient for you?

The plural of anecdote isn't data. Do you actually have data to back up anything you say?

Did you just call someone nobody, in reference to a game?  If that's how you back up self worth, you are in for a world of disappointment in the real world some day kid.

#73 Saikx

Saikx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arcane 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2137
  • 3v3: 2624
  • RBG: 2184

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:12 PM

good old days when dk could actually grip into novas and fail it, now it resets the cd and double grip anyways lmao

dk is probably the most dumbed down class in WoW if they were strong just because of the fact how easy they are to play, dks would be borderline broken

restore non braindead gameplay for dks and I´m all in for AMS buffs and all that other stuff you whine about

until then enjoy being able to play dk without keybinds

Posted Image

Visit my stream: http://www.twitch.tv/saikx

#74 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:23 PM

View PostSaikx, on 31 December 2013 - 04:12 PM, said:

good old days when dk could actually grip into novas and fail it, now it resets the cd and double grip anyways lmao
Idk why so many people seem to think this. If you grip into a root, Death Grip -will- go on CD.

Double grip is retarded though and I guess the idea behind it was to give DKs something to cope with the insane amount of leaps and charges and teleports and whatnot.

dk is probably the most dumbed down class in WoW if they were strong just because of the fact how easy they are to play, dks would be borderline broken
You mean just like every other class? No class is really hard to play anymore.

restore non braindead gameplay for dks and I´m all in for AMS buffs and all that other stuff you whine about
IBF should only immune stuns, not break them. Remnant from Cata double smokebomb where we needed it. damage reduc to 40%

AMS should just absorb 75% for 5 seconds, no damage cap.

Lichborne should only immune fears, not break them.

Remove conversion. Remove Desecrated Ground (the trinket bullshit).

Assuming they're removing lots of CCs with WoD, make asphyx a 1 min cd just like strang. Choose between different DRs instead of empowering the damn thing.

There you go.
Posted Image

#75 Miette

Miette
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Frost 2/1/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2152
  • 3v3: 2808
  • RBG: 2406

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:44 PM

are u really a high-end player ?????

edit : woops, i was thinking u were a 1k5 exp player until i saw your helmets ;)

Edited by Miette, 31 December 2013 - 04:45 PM.

Come and check out my stream (mainly PHD DK) : http://www.twitch.tv/miettelol

#76 Yubel

Yubel
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1725
  • 3v3: 2503
  • RBG: 384

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:40 PM

Literally every other DPS class is currently capable of mongoloid-like gameplay.

The ONLY two, and I mean ONLY two class/specs that aren't capable of such a thing are Shadow Priest and Affliction Warlock.
Please review signature rules.

#77 Zeon

Zeon

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:07 PM

Every single patch you cry, cry, cry.  "Worst patch ever, no balance".
Are you fucking serious? Its just the best season so far. Every single spec in the game can get high ratings.

DKs bad? Did you ever play as s11 warrior? That is what means bad.
Warriors OP? Did you forget start of mop hunters? 2200 in triple hunter with one macro. And all three guys never saw 1700 before. That was OP and broken...

Warriors and DKs may need some minor tweeks, but you exagerate 10 times as usual.

And yes I play with a DK.

#78 Neosaurfang

Neosaurfang
  • Asparagus
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Blood 2/1/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1656
  • 3v3: 2418
  • 5v5: 2203
  • RBG: 1
  • LocationGoldshire

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:27 PM

Restore mage casting, and make icelances fillers that deal 10k damage, 20k on frozen targets. Remove FB procs, or reduce them by a huge amount. becuase all you see is mages running around waiting for procs, then alter timing and doing *2 the procs their ment to and oneshot people. haha good one. dumb class. and you seem to be someone upset losing to death knights in 2s, at the 1500bracket.
Posted Image

#79 Bridgey

Bridgey
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1222
  • 3v3: 2113
  • RBG: 1974
  • LocationSouth West England

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:35 PM

View PostGreyz, on 31 December 2013 - 03:44 PM, said:

You were only one above 2050 on misery? cool story bro, go count the PHDs and shadowcleaves that got 2,5k-2,75k ^^

I said that because you seem to think the only DKs that are complaining are ones at 1800.
Posted Image

#80 Hiiwa

Hiiwa
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1751

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:45 PM

View PostYubel, on 01 January 2014 - 01:40 PM, said:

Literally every other DPS class is currently capable of mongoloid-like gameplay.

The ONLY two, and I mean ONLY two class/specs that aren't capable of such a thing are Shadow Priest and Affliction Warlock.

???  they got easy as fuck with MoP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<