• Vengeance
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/0/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 2121
  • 3v3: 2125
  • 5v5: 2031
  • RBG: 2040
  • LocationPA

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:24 AM

Again, this is the frst time i've broke 1800 on my lock and do not pretend to be a warlock expert.  This is just my opinions on the talents I feel are interchangeable and vary depending on comp.  Feel free to correct me or just give your input  because I feel if you're on AJ you're here because you either want to Help others or you're looking to become better at PVP.  I'm on here because I Want to become better...

Dark Regeneration is a must for me. Never switched it up.

Mortal coil VS Shadowfury?
I've recently have been enjoying MC due to the CC chain i'm able to set up in order to get a kill easier than Shadowfury.  Also have broken a few CC's due to my "oh shit CC NOW!" moments. It does come in handy when i'm getting trained by melee cleave's (:

Soul Link / Sacrifical Pact / Dark Bargain

Soul link I feel is pointless as Destro when you use Grimoire of Sacrifce (Which I do normally)

Sacrifical Pact is weak in my eyes due to the fact I normally hit it when i'm getting trained and I fall below 75% which drops me to 50% then my healer gets CC'd to death.  I'll fail if I don't have defensive CD's to use.  Or i'll use it as soon as i'm charged and swung on a second or two then swapped off of.  
Dark Bargain I've only only began to use recently and I must say i'm starting to really like this talent.  I've only used it in BG's when i'm running the flag or getting nailed full force.  Pop this bad boy and portol out with a HS and maybe 1 ember tap and I can normally survive the smashing amount of damage I would have taken.  I also assume Warriors do not generate rage while attacking me since I believe it say "Immune"? (*no proof*)

Blood Horor is a must for me.  Only talent i've used in this tree.

Grimoire of Sacrifce is amazing in the fact that I have an Instant counter spell i'm able to use with my /stopcasting macro's.  It always feels as though my pet is too far away, CC'd or some other actions by God himself out of range and unable to cast.  Frustrating enough so i always sac my fel hunter.  I only sac the Voidwalker against Melee teams after I get a Disarm on the target.  

Kil'jaeden's Cunning. Simply put amazing.  Although the nerf forcing it to only work with Incinerate kinda sucks but getting trained it helps out tremendously.  I'm normally able to somewhat kite people around after their closers with conflag, MC/SF Howl, blood horor.  Recently i was speaking with another lock on my server around the same CR as I am., (1800) and he was saying go with Archimonde's Darkness I have not messed around with this yet due to the fact I cannot fathom playing an arena team like turbo cleave without being able to move around while doing damage.  Maybe it's just me?  

Thanks for looking, again... Any input on everyones thoughts that could perhaps be useful to those of us that would like to play at a higher level would be greatly appreciated!  

Merry Christmas everyone!
-Cody

#2 Shaderz

Shaderz
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • LocationPA

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:56 PM

Bumping for the total revision.

#3 Neosaurfang

Neosaurfang
  • Asparagus
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Blood 2/1/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1656
  • 3v3: 2418
  • 5v5: 2203
  • RBG: 1
  • LocationGoldshire

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:18 PM

wow, jokes. im sorry bro. i was proud when i hit 1550 in s9, goodluck later on.

Edited by Neosaurfang, 24 December 2013 - 10:50 PM.

Posted Image

#4 catastrophiq

catastrophiq

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:27 PM

rumble holy shit what a cocksocker u are this guy comes here asking for some tips/advice about talent choises and he even says that he is definitly not a lock expert yet u bash on his ratings? u sir are scum!

#5 Accelerator

Accelerator
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2011

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:33 PM

View PostNeosaurfang, on 24 December 2013 - 10:18 PM, said:

still amazes me to this day, that 1800 rating is considered a milestone for some, i see players with 500games and their at 1400 rating. (no offense) 1800 is nothing?

lol what a nerd
Swag Swag Swag

Woop

#6 Shaderz

Shaderz
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • LocationPA

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:35 PM

I've never really been into PVP like I have been this season.  So obivously 1800 IS a milestone for me.  Key binding most of my spells is hard and has taken days to get use to.  It's a learning process and some people didn't spend all their time doing PVP in the game, I always did PvE in BT at 70 when I played nonstop. I've only started PVP seriously just this season so I feel 1800 is decent for being the first season as a lock actually taking pvp serious.  

I'm not 2500 like you but I can't get better as quickly if I contiune to do the same strats I feel work over and over again.  It's much easier to ask for help from people with experience and knowledge to pass off.  I don't see a point in you commenting at all if you couldn't at least give some beneficial input.

#7 Neosaurfang

Neosaurfang
  • Asparagus
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Blood 2/1/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1656
  • 3v3: 2418
  • 5v5: 2203
  • RBG: 1
  • LocationGoldshire

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:02 PM

enchant your cloak as according to armory you are currently missing an enchant & if you want to minmax see if you can lower your hitrating by a bit to get closer to 6%. and what comb are you playing?

Edited by Neosaurfang, 24 December 2013 - 11:04 PM.

Posted Image

#8 NiNLeX

NiNLeX
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/2/0/0/0

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:30 PM

I prefer coil & archimonde's darkness most of the games, as a destro remember that you can use bane of havoc, coil another target and then the baned target gets coiled as well and you can do it every 45 secs so it's really good and reliable double CC. A trick I often use when going for kill is to bane the other dps (who is not our kill target), conflagrate & coil, then when they are both CC'ed, chaosbolt your killtarget and if you're lucky enough, you can land a shadowburn on him AND it hits the baned target as well, which means you can probably get a really good swap on him if you fail to get a kill on your first target.

As for comps, if you play with a SP go with SF, otherwise coil always imo. AD is really good, cuz sometimes enemy team uses all their defensives for your first burst, but then guess what, you can do it again when they have nothing left and something should die. KJC is a good talent for destro, but you are not usually using incinerates to get kills. Good for kiting warriors though so it's personal preference, but I would never take it if enemy team does NOT have a warrior.

As for defensives, I like to run with dark bargain for reasons you stated above, grim sac is mandatory.

#9 Shaderz

Shaderz
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • LocationPA

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:43 PM

Oh.  Had wrong cloak on.  Just bought this cloak for affliction spec.
I run ML with a LF healer. Can't find a shaman to play with

#10 Fizion

Fizion
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2219

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:08 AM

View PostAccelerator, on 24 December 2013 - 10:33 PM, said:

lol what a nerd
Ignore Neosarfung - you won't regret it.

#11 Shaderz

Shaderz
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • LocationPA

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:45 PM

You say you wouldn't take KJ if they wasn't a warrior on the team.  I'm constantly getting pillared by healers or other comps.  I mainly use incinerate to get him semi low to set up a kill.  Basically for ember building.

#12 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:21 PM

I didn't read garbage posts above me but I'll just respond to your question.

Dark Regen - obvious choice for both afflic and destro.

Death Coil - You never want to go shadowfury when it would DR stuns (i.e. with a warrior, rogue, or mage).  Death coil also sets up great opportunities for gibbing the healer.  If he let's himself drop to 60-70% and no trinket, pop trinket + DS soulburn him, deathcoil and follow up w/ haunt, then channel MG and wait to blanket silence out of death coil, will kill most healers.  Death coil is also fantastic peels with havoc on 2 targets as destro.  

Soul link + supremacy for afflic
Soul link + sac for destro

Sac pact is shit due to battle fatigue and dark bargain is easy to wait out/counter.  You could get away with Dark bargain vs some comps with huge openers.

Reason to take pet sac as destro is that it actually buffs damage dealing abilities, incinerate, conflag, shadowburn, dot tick on CB.  The affliction version is terrible b/c MG damage is insignificant.  With destro, soul link + pet sac you can push over 650k hp.  You lose too much damage if you roll this method with afflic and the high sustained damage of afflic self heals yourself and your pet adequately.  

I only go AD for both specs b/c it lines up so well with 1 min on use trinkets.  I know many use KJ for destro but I'm kind of shit at destro and like the ability to re-pop CDs if I screw up the first DS.

#13 Shaderz

Shaderz
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • LocationPA

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:50 PM

Soul link + sac pet is better for destro than DB. / sac?  I've thought about using soul link as destro but it varies by comp.  I've only soul linked against casters, because I use my sac void to disarm then I sac once they're disarmed.  DB I feel is great if I over extend when I go in for a kill around a pillar when they're 25% or lower and their healer is LoS'd.  Always open to new ideas that will help tho!! Thanks!!

#14 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:15 PM

A lot of the talent choices will come down to bracket (2s/3s or rbgs) and comp to be honest.

Along with obvious match-up stuff like blood horror vs melee and unbound will against casters.

#15 Mindllapse

Mindllapse
  • Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:15 PM

View PostHackattack3, on 27 December 2013 - 09:21 PM, said:

I didn't read garbage posts above me but I'll just respond to your question.

Dark Regen - obvious choice for both afflic and destro.

Death Coil - You never want to go shadowfury when it would DR stuns (i.e. with a warrior, rogue, or mage).  Death coil also sets up great opportunities for gibbing the healer.  If he let's himself drop to 60-70% and no trinket, pop trinket + DS soulburn him, deathcoil and follow up w/ haunt, then channel MG and wait to blanket silence out of death coil, will kill most healers.  Death coil is also fantastic peels with havoc on 2 targets as destro.  

Soul link + supremacy for afflic
Soul link + sac for destro

Sac pact is shit due to battle fatigue and dark bargain is easy to wait out/counter.  You could get away with Dark bargain vs some comps with huge openers.

Reason to take pet sac as destro is that it actually buffs damage dealing abilities, incinerate, conflag, shadowburn, dot tick on CB.  The affliction version is terrible b/c MG damage is insignificant.  With destro, soul link + pet sac you can push over 650k hp.  You lose too much damage if you roll this method with afflic and the high sustained damage of afflic self heals yourself and your pet adequately.  

I only go AD for both specs b/c it lines up so well with 1 min on use trinkets.  I know many use KJ for destro but I'm kind of shit at destro and like the ability to re-pop CDs if I screw up the first DS.

how come taking pet sac gimps your damage as affliction though? my observer isn't doing that much damage.. but I guess its damage is equated to having another dot ticking on the observer's attack target? do you put tongue lash and clone magic on auto cast, and if yes, do you ever have a situation where you run out of fel energy to cast spell lock?

and how do you deal with your soul linked pet dying multiple times when being trained by KFC? the soul burn instant summon puts it on 1 min cd

#16 OzCymru

OzCymru
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Earthen Ring
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1391
  • 3v3: 2206
  • RBG: 1139

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:26 PM

View PostMindllapse, on 27 January 2014 - 12:15 PM, said:

how come taking pet sac gimps your damage as affliction though? my observer isn't doing that much damage.. but I guess its damage is equated to having another dot ticking on the observer's attack target? do you put tongue lash and clone magic on auto cast, and if yes, do you ever have a situation where you run out of fel energy to cast spell lock?

and how do you deal with your soul linked pet dying multiple times when being trained by KFC? the soul burn instant summon puts it on 1 min cd

Saccing a pet as affli doesn't improve your dot damage which is what most of your damage comes from.

If teams go for my pet I tend to just get out a voidlord. The disarm is useful too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<