Saelyin
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1767

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:04 PM

Hey guys! I know rogues are not currently at a point where they need this change, but I came to think about how clunky the operation of cloak and dagger is and had an idea that would maintain the idea behind "CC=>Mobility" but give the ability as a whole more functionality.

As it is, cloak and dagger works on the basis that you get mobility for restealthing and cc'ing a target in the process, however this promotes rather clunky game play in the process due to how stealthing mechanics work and the fact that it no longer works with shadow dance.

To this extent, I present the idea: "Subtle Leaps"

The ability would replace cloak and dagger in the talent tree and would have a short (25 second) cooldown and would operate like shadow step where you actively press the button to teleport to your target.

However, you would not be able to use the ability without first using a cc (Any CC: sap, gouge, garrote, kidney, cheap... snares would not apply to this) and the ability would hold a maximum of 2 charges at any given time, much like baseline monk roll.

I feel like this would encourage more thoughtful game play in which you have to first cc any target to gain charges before being able to use the ability, however, under optimal use would give slightly better mobility than the other 2 choices in a pvp setting.

An example of how it would operate: Arena match begins and the ability is grayed out and unusable, you can sap the healer once for 1 charge and open on a dps and gain a second charge due to garrote or cheap being used. You now have the maximum of 2 charges and once the healer is out of sap you use one charge to teleport to him and redirect kidney, you can now use your second charge to teleport back to the dps and say shadow dance. Both charges are now on a 25 second cooldown and with the way charges work, the second charge will not begin its cooldown until the first charge has finished.

This would allow the rogue to save charges for teleporting to a target and cc'ing and then back to the kill target but would induce a slightly longer cooldown than the other 2 options.

Just something I came up with in the shower. Cheers! :)

Edited by Saelyin, 21 December 2013 - 06:11 PM.

#2 Rawrbertlol

Rawrbertlol
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/2/0/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2260
  • 3v3: 2767
  • 5v5: 2313
  • RBG: 2245

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:26 PM

Wow that sure is a lot of words :(

#3 Guest_Jtax_*

Guest_Jtax_*

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:32 PM

TL;DR  <----->  And if we are going to Buff RMD, lets Buff Ice Lance

#4 jaimex

jaimex
  • Premium Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 1743
  • 3v3: 3121
  • 5v5: 864

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:33 PM

a better idea imo is to give them a double charged ability that reads

on next Sap, Cheap Shot, Garrote, Kidney Shot, or Ambush, you will teleport behind the target. Does not break stealth.

#5 Hiiwa

Hiiwa
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1751

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:48 PM

just go for good ol' shadow step

#6 JamesDean

JamesDean
  • Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:51 PM

bad idea.. delete thread

#7 mirox

mirox
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/2/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1990
  • 3v3: 2782

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:21 PM

Just deal with the fact that rogue mobility has not been changed since TBC, while every other melee class is going super sayan mode around the arena... Shadowstep is 'fine'...

#8 Filthpig

Filthpig
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1605
  • 3v3: 2448
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1945

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:24 PM

Rogues are ridiculous atm, if you're going to suggest a change how about you nerf nerve strike. Idk tho, maybe mages are what make rogues stupid.

#9 Elorxo

Elorxo
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2428
  • 3v3: 2872
  • 5v5: 1248
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:24 PM

View PostFilthpig, on 21 December 2013 - 07:24 PM, said:

Rogues are ridiculous atm, if you're going to suggest a change how about you nerf nerve strike. Idk tho, maybe mages are what make rogues stupid.

it's obviously mainly mages since rmp, rmd and rarely thug above 2.2
these seem to be the only viable rogue comps that are played

#10 Saelyin

Saelyin
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1767

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:59 AM

Kind of depressing responses overall :(

Though I suppose I shouldn't have expected a ton more out of AJ. This wasn't a "buff rogues" thread guys, I know probably 2 out of the 7 responses actually read this but it was just an idea that could be elaborated on to improve the game as a whole. You all are quite the bunch of Debbie downers.

#11 Silhin

Silhin
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/2/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1961

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:03 AM

this isnt a new idea its been tossed around alot since they removed prep I made a old thread a while back with something very sim but my idea was to remove burst and cloak n dagger and replace the tier with the idea of making shadow step main focus

make Shadow step Base line for all Spec
1st Talent =Reduce Cd of shadow Step By 10 Sec
2nd Talent =Give 2 Charges to Shadow step before starting the cool down
3rd Talent =Shadow Step now remove's all root's and movement impairing effects makes u immune to them for 3 sec

#12 bt4

bt4
  • Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:13 PM

old cloak & dagger with range limited to meele range as baseline is my special dream.
Finding the asshole of gnomes / goblins is a nightmare, especially if they are hiding amongs a pet army.

#13 Bootzx

Bootzx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 1826

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:20 PM

Step baseline and add modifiers in all 3 tiers. ex Step while rooted / step adds 20% dmg to next ability / step allows use of 1 stealth ability.

#14 mirox

mirox
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/2/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1990
  • 3v3: 2782

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:59 PM

Step should be baseline with 15 sec cd(max). Cloak and dagger should be changed to only work with ambush and not with cheap and garrote. Then we would maybe have some mobility.

#15 NiNLeX

NiNLeX
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/2/0/0/0

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:50 PM

View PostSilhin, on 22 December 2013 - 08:03 AM, said:

this isnt a new idea its been tossed around alot since they removed prep I made a old thread a while back with something very sim but my idea was to remove burst and cloak n dagger and replace the tier with the idea of making shadow step main focus

make Shadow step Base line for all Spec
1st Talent =Reduce Cd of shadow Step By 10 Sec
2nd Talent =Give 2 Charges to Shadow step before starting the cool down
3rd Talent =Shadow Step now remove's all root's and movement impairing effects makes u immune to them for 3 sec

This.
Why I think your "original" idea is bad is because you would practically give rogues prenerf C&D, which was really op and annoying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<