• Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Balance 2/2/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1542
  • RBG: 1127

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:46 PM

Hey guys,
The title should say most of it. So to render it a bit here is the story.

I reactivated my account together with a friend of mine about a month ago. We both derped around a little doing dual owl in BG's (which is shitloads of fun) some 2s and stuff like that. Now he felt in love with his PTR mage and decided to level his own, at the same time another friend of mine started WoW again and because he used to play on another server he asked me to RaF him and I did so. He is just about to level his resto shaman and plans on doing 3s with us.
Like that I ended up with having a mage and a resto shaman to 3s with but I can't decide what to play myself.

I hate to play warrior so this this comp is out of question. I <3 LOVE <3 my boomy (yep a lot) and think about if boomy mage resto can work as me and the mage share no DR and I imagine DF -> counterspell -> root+beam -> vortex pretty deadly. Also if I manage to get a dispell for my DOTs the mage can sheep a DD and provide peel for our shaman.

As far as it goes I don't mind playing anything but warri.

So what are your thoughts on this? Can the boomy work or is it just outclassed by a warlock (which tbh is my alternative plan)

I would also like to hear about every class in this comp as long as it is constructive input and not "X will totaly suck rather go Y"

#2 fearco

fearco
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Bloodscalp
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1852
  • 3v3: 1878
  • RBG: 1315

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:39 PM

I play both a resto shaman and a boomie myself both more less around 2k normally, so nothing superhigh, but i think this setup can do quite well, if you can coordinate burst - every 30s you have a chance to score a kill, and lot of surviving if the mage plays well, can even start tripplestealthed, which is fun. Your cc doesn't share dr and you can go with incarnation, which means a LOT of burst.

Imagine trying to survive a Deep>blankcs>deepvortexroot>with all the stormlash totemed icelance spam and shit, and 1-2-3-4-5-6(or nothing sometimes) occisionals starsurge+maybe a few 100k starfires too, with roots and cyclone/poly mean constant CC, for me it sounds awesome.

#3 OMGitsSart

OMGitsSart
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1969
  • 3v3: 2090
  • RBG: 954
  • LocationStuttgart, Germany

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:58 AM

The comp can theoretically work, but it leaves the usual boomkin problems open, so the mage will often have to go peel-mode for you. Lock is most definitely the stronger, although imo a lot less fun, choice :/
LSx comps making dreams come true since S7

Read the About Me Section if you have any questions

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 3v3, 3s, rest, shaman, heal, comp, mage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<