• Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • RBG: 192

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:18 AM

Hello AJ's,

I just leveled my mage to 90 and I play mostly 2s with a priest.

1- I was wondering when I should cast Frostbolt, and when I'm not casting it, what should I do? Spamming only ice lances without procs seens kinda weak.

2- Living Bomb should be on both targets as much as possible?

3- What should I Spell Steal?

4- Is Fire Blast useless?

5- Cone of Cold seens pretty strange to me, because I see a lot of good players casting it without facing the opponent and it still slows them, but when I do that It seens pretty unreliable when it will hit... what should I aim?

6- The best way to take advantage of Presence of Mind is Polly/Ring of Frost and vs what comps should i be specing into Blazing Speed?

7- What racials are good atm? I like both undead and humans, but undead looks pretty neat to me. I also checked some armories and some undeads actually use double dps trinkets, is this possible in 2s?

8- What mages stream 2s besides Jahmil and Suqy?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my awful english.

#2 cpfisk

cpfisk
  • Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:27 AM

I am not good but I think I can answer some of these questions:
1. IIRC you should never use icelance if you don't have procs (unless spell reflect I guess).
4. Fire Blast does more damage than Icelance without procs and it's useful to destroy spell reflect with if you have procs up.
5. Try it on a dummy; the animation is incorrect and Cone of Cold affects everyone you were "looking" at when casting it. So basically, aim it at the person and then you can just aim itsomewhere else as the animation is delayed and wrong.

#3 Mustaracho

Mustaracho
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:07 AM

:confused:

#4 watchmepwn

watchmepwn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1831
  • 3v3: 2638
  • RBG: 384

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:00 PM

View PostMustaracho, on 21 December 2013 - 04:18 AM, said:

Hello AJ's,

I just leveled my mage to 90 and I play mostly 2s with a priest.

1- I was wondering when I should cast Frostbolt, and when I'm not casting it, what should I do? Spamming only ice lances without procs seens kinda weak.
As much as possible to get yourself ready for the burst you are planning.

2- Living Bomb should be on both targets as much as possible
No not needed

3- What should I Spell Steal
Enemy cd's or hots when needed

I use it while kiting

5- Cone of Cold seens pretty strange to me, because I see a lot of good players casting it without facing the opponent and it still slows them, but when I do that It seens pretty unreliable when it will hit... what should I aim?
Aim the players?:X

6- The best way to take advantage of Presence of Mind is Polly/Ring of Frost and vs what comps should i be specing into Blazing Speed
Depends in 2s, i prefer blazing speed over pom vs warriors. But its not a 100% garuntee better choice.

7- What racials are good atm? I like both undead and humans, but undead looks pretty neat to me. I also checked some armories and some undeads actually use double dps trinkets, is this possible in 2s
YES you got will of forsaken for fears and blink for stuns, Should be enough

8- What mages stream 2s besides Jahmil and Suqy?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my awful english.

#5 Mustaracho

Mustaracho
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:39 PM

View Postwatchmepwn, on 22 December 2013 - 01:00 PM, said:

thank you a lot for your answers!

#6 Carmentis

Carmentis
  • LocationOhio

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:50 PM

good responses, thanks
"Mess with the best, Die like the rest"
Crash Override & Zero Cool

Posted Image

#7 Beariorn

Beariorn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:43 PM

1- I was wondering when I should cast Frostbolt, and when I'm not casting it, what should I do? Spamming only ice lances without procs seens kinda weak
When you dont have procs and wanna do damage.

2- Living Bomb should be on both targets as much as possible?
No
3- What should I spell steal?
Freedoms/shields/fear ward/clean up targets for swaps
kill psyfiend/proc trinkets in RMx openers before you orb/consume reflect while you have procs up for FoF/kill totems with more then 5 health

i get asked this a lot actually, i tell people it typically effects the area where your characters head is pointing not necessarily the area the cone actually hits.

6- The best way to take advantage of Presence of Mind is Polly/Ring of Frost and vs what comps should i be specing into Blazing Speed?
CS>deep>pom sheep. can use defensively if you or teammate in trouble
7- What racials are good atm? I like both undead and humans, but undead looks pretty neat to me. I also checked some armories and some undeads actually use double dps trinkets, is this possible in 2s?
Human is strong, both are viable. I run double trinket all the time when playing with a healer as undead, in 3s wear a trinket against rogue teams, that rule of thumb works for me.
8- What mages stream 2s besides Jahmil and Suqy? I stream occasionally @twitch.tv/tckz 2s is usually for lulz, and other mages Nolifer streams, Xaryu streams 2s.
GLHF;keep lancin
Twitch.tv/tckz   -RatLeague Mage Play for Funz

"I take this srsly because wow is a srs game."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<