• Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1969
  • 3v3: 2090
  • RBG: 954
  • LocationStuttgart, Germany

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:44 PM

Hey ladies,

will be playing WLD on my alt druid, anyone tried the comp lately and will it be any good? Also, has anyone tried going Demo here? Will still have spread AoE pressure, but a lot better defenses vs meleecleaves training the lock (which will happen in 99% of the games)

Thanks already for the replies

Edit: If Demo is viable, would it also be an option for our warrior to trade shockwave/stormbolt for bladestorm/bloodbath, if the locks needs less peels? Just to add to the aoe-flavour of the comp?

Thanks again
LSx comps making dreams come true since S7

Read the About Me Section if you have any questions

#2 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:30 PM

I haven't tried Demo at all this season.  I'm skeptical that it'd be good, but interested in hearing how it works out.  Anyone have recent Demo experience?

#3 Mattadoro

Mattadoro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2323
  • 3v3: 2703
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationGAINSville, The Gym

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:36 PM

lock i play lsd with played demo for some of our games and they went surpisingly well, it was only 2200 mmr but i was really skeptical but it worked well. I think its an option in comps without ms like LSD but if you are bringing a warrior i'd assume affliction would be way stronger
Posted Image

#4 Fizion

Fizion
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2219

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:38 PM

I saw a demo lock once this season - when I tanked my MMR to gear an alt for 2s.  I think there's a reason why no one plays the spec anymore.  I'm curious to see how it works out.  I gave up on aff (sheer boredom of the spec) and have been playing destro.

There is a demo lock on youtube - morpheius or something like that.  I ran into them when I was looking for destro strats (didn't watch though).  I'd check out his vids.

Edit:  here's the link.  I haven't watched a single one so I don't know the quality or how accurate (or what accurate even is in this case):
http://www.youtube.c...P?feature=watch

#5 OMGitsSart

OMGitsSart
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:59 PM

View PostNadagast, on 20 December 2013 - 08:30 PM, said:

I haven't tried Demo at all this season.  I'm skeptical that it'd be good, but interested in hearing how it works out.  Anyone have recent Demo experience?

The Problem is: I have close to zero MoP- and zero lock experience. I was 3x glad on my priest in wotlk, but that's a good bunch of ages ago, so I was looking for other people's help. The way WLD is stuck in my mind from earlier expansions is:

- Spread pressure from the lock, preparing at least 2 targets that the warrior could switch to for kill opportunities
- Abuse lock/druid synergy to rotate spammable non-DRin CC and def CDs
- Play pretty defensive in general, draining targets down while having the warrior as a "finisher"

Coupled with my limited knowledge about MoP gameplay and the way I see the comp right now, I'm assuming the lock will be the primary target vs any WMx, KFC and random meleecleave, while the druid is a possible kill target for any RMx comps (due to no ice block from mage symbiosis).

So since the warr is rarely a kill target, and there is no real way to avoid druid gibs by any preliminary measures, the lock will be the only real option for 90% of the teams (read WMx or Cleaves) you meet. And my thought was that the sheer melee pressure on the lock could be countered by going Demo, while, with Mannoroth stuff, immo aura etc. leaving him in the same "role" he'd have in WLD while being UA specced (spread pressure, in this case, spread pressure amongst enemy melees).

I'm just playing around with some thoughts, got no ingame data to back it up at all, was just a mindgame that I wanted to know other's opinions about.

#6 Mattadoro

Mattadoro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2323
  • 3v3: 2703
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationGAINSville, The Gym

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:04 PM

demo would need the mastery buff badly and wld doesnt bring that :(
Posted Image

#7 OMGitsSart

OMGitsSart
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:06 PM

View PostMattadoro, on 20 December 2013 - 08:36 PM, said:

lock i play lsd with played demo for some of our games and they went surpisingly well, it was only 2200 mmr but i was really skeptical but it worked well. I think its an option in comps without ms like LSD but if you are bringing a warrior i'd assume affliction would be way stronger

Funny enough I'd do it the exact other way around. LSD has a good offhealer to compensate for poorly timed def CDs or RNG, and also has another viable kill target outside of the lock (and druid vs RMx), so here I can't even really see the necessity of going demo at all :o

View PostMattadoro, on 20 December 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:

demo would need the mastery buff badly and wld doesnt bring that :(

As I stated earlier, I have almost no MoP experience, are buffs really that important meanwhile? oO The only part of the game where I've seen buffs being considered was 10 man raiding

#8 watchmepwn

watchmepwn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2136
  • 3v3: 2880
  • 5v5: 2354
  • RBG: 768

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:20 PM

View PostOMGitsSart, on 20 December 2013 - 09:06 PM, said:

Funny enough I'd do it the exact other way around. LSD has a good offhealer to compensate for poorly timed def CDs or RNG, and also has another viable kill target outside of the lock (and druid vs RMx), so here I can't even really see the necessity of going demo at all :o

As I stated earlier, I have almost no MoP experience, are buffs really that important meanwhile? oO The only part of the game where I've seen buffs being considered was 10 man raiding

buffs and procs.

Thats where MoP is about.
Once your at it, get tailoring en enginering.

#9 Sosseri

Sosseri
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Demonology 0/1/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2626
  • 3v3: 2808
  • 5v5: 2298
  • RBG: 2396

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:36 PM

only played demo/uhdk/rshaman and rdruid in 5.3 to 2250 last season, but i wouldn't see why it wouldn't work with a warrior this patch

#10 Sosseri

Sosseri
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:39 PM

and yes it would be smart if ur warrior did change those talents, i actually tried that with a warrior friend of mine we went kinda high 2,1 it was as wmd demo this patch, But srsly if you wanna play demo he needs to change talents to mannoroth's fury and service and get 2piece from Throne of thunder raid to become viable.

#11 Sosseri

Sosseri
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:45 PM

View PostNadagast, on 20 December 2013 - 08:30 PM, said:

ye :P played it to 2250 5.3 in misery BG and 2,1k in 5.4, unfortunaly i quit for 2months ago wonder how far we could go.

only specc i actually play since i started in cata:D

#12 OMGitsSart

OMGitsSart
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:21 PM

Will talk to my lock about it, after we played a few games. Are there any other comp-specific tips you guys could give us for the "default" comp? (Lock as UA) Especially from nadagast maybe :)

Like is it worth giving up shockwave/stormbolt as cc/peel for the lock, to get bladestorm/bloodbath to add to the AoE pressure? Etc.

#13 Structural

Structural
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:55 PM

Demo died when they nerfed imps

#14 Sosseri

Sosseri
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:28 AM

View PostStructural, on 21 December 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

Demo died when they nerfed imps
i agree on that, but at he same time not since we got mannoroth's fury that boosts  hellfire damage by 500%, i basically hit for 25k-30k each 0,6sec with troll racial, it's insane.

The problem with this is, you'll have to do Pve and try to get 2piece from throne of thunder xD

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Demo, Demonology, Lock, Warlock, Warr, Warrior, Druid, Drood, WLD, 3s

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<