Help

What to do as a noob?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Valkaneer

Valkaneer
  • Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:47 PM

What would you say the default spec is for a noob shammy would for BGs?  I don't have any PvP gear yet, I do have enough honor to start and pick up my first piece of 496 and I guess I need to make a decision as to what set I'm going to spend it on.

Will the 496 make the much of a difference for BGs?  My shamy is up to about 520 ilvl for PvE gear would I be better off using that or equipping the 496's while I grind out my first set?  Gah when I played my warrior back in vanilla and BC this was so much easier decision to make lol.

#2 sarma

sarma
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/0/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 2263
  • 3v3: 2436
  • 5v5: 1247
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:51 PM

Game is too complicated for noobs nowdays.
Posted Image

#3 OMGitsSart

OMGitsSart
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1969
  • 3v3: 2090
  • RBG: 954
  • LocationStuttgart, Germany

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:58 PM

PvP gear > PvE gear right now (gladly)

Easiest shaman spec is Ele, that is true for 90% of the seasons too. In general, shaman is one of the best classes to pick up as a new player, especially if you have a lock friend. Lock/Shaman/x, no matter if ele or resto, have had the highest percentage of tier 1 and/or overpowered comps throughout the game.

Edit: Goes for rated arena obviously, I neither know nor give a fuck about random BGs and neither should you tbh
LSx comps making dreams come true since S7

Read the About Me Section if you have any questions

#4 Namechangex

Namechangex
  • Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:08 PM

get buffed
Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! Use only common abbreviations and acronyms, and then give their definition as soon after their first use as possible. Occasionally, however, an abbreviation or acronym may be so familiar to intended audiences that it may be used without a definition. In fact, some may be more familiar than the full name. http://www.arenajunk...-rules-2272014/

#5 Valkaneer

Valkaneer
  • Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:21 PM

View Postsarma, on 15 December 2013 - 05:51 PM, said:

Game is too complicated for noobs nowdays.

I hit Rank 10 in BC, I am a noob shamy not a noob to Wow.  Just haven't done any real PvP since then.

#6 Valkaneer

Valkaneer
  • Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:24 PM

View PostOMGitsSart, on 15 December 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

PvP gear > PvE gear right now (gladly)

Easiest shaman spec is Ele, that is true for 90% of the seasons too. In general, shaman is one of the best classes to pick up as a new player, especially if you have a lock friend. Lock/Shaman/x, no matter if ele or resto, have had the highest percentage of tier 1 and/or overpowered comps throughout the game.

Edit: Goes for rated arena obviously, I neither know nor give a fuck about random BGs and neither should you tbh

I have a Mage buddy in my guild that does PvP.  He asked me yesterday if I wanted to do some BG's with him.

#7 OMGitsSart

OMGitsSart
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1969
  • 3v3: 2090
  • RBG: 954
  • LocationStuttgart, Germany

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:47 AM

View PostValkaneer, on 15 December 2013 - 06:24 PM, said:

I have a Mage buddy in my guild that does PvP.  He asked me yesterday if I wanted to do some BG's with him.

I see. Well, for random BGs it really doesn't matter at all what you spec/gear/do. If you still wanna tune in for that, I guess (!) you'd be fine with any setup for your character that'd also work in RBGs. Then again it also depends on what you're trying to do... farm achievments? HKs? Max honour per hour? etc.
LSx comps making dreams come true since S7

Read the About Me Section if you have any questions

#8 Esylium

Esylium
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1979
  • 3v3: 2430
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 768

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:26 AM

this seems like one of those questions you get while standing in durotar.

Edited by Esylium, 16 December 2013 - 04:26 AM.

#9 Capers

Capers
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Assassination 0/2/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1509
  • LocationFlorida, U.S

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:38 AM

Posted Image
Please review signature rules at: http://www.arenajunk...-rules-2272014/

#10 Pawzz

Pawzz
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery
  • LocationAustria

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:08 AM

Get 4 pc pvp, and use a few pve offpieces with good stats on them (because 506 > 496). Then slowly upgrade to grevious, imo. Saves you a lot of time farming bgs.
On the other hand, random bgs can be fun if you queue with a friend and just nuke bots. Also you can practice you class.

Yes go Ele.

#11 stevieshankalot

stevieshankalot
  • Junkies

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:00 AM

Watch streams and spam arenas. That's how everyone learns!
brb everyone

#12 Valkaneer

Valkaneer
  • Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:04 PM

View PostAbolishedhey, on 16 December 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

It's really ok, I didn't need to know how to play I can read stickies and such for that. What I was asking can't be learned by watching it something that is experienced.   But thanks to all that helped I ended up for now as resto cuzI was begged to do so.  Also I didn't start  winning till I went resto seems I'm not so bad at it.   I will do a ele set soon after though.   Thx again for the help.

#13 agrobeast

agrobeast
  • Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:27 PM

View PostAbolishedhey, on 16 December 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

This guy is right ^, watch some streams on twitch there is a enchance shammy named "LEE" who is insane you can learn a lot from watching him.
and as for resto, it is really good in rbg's and in arena,but honestly ive seen some enhanc shammys really drop the hammer on people dammage wise, and thats comming from an arms warrior.
also for now id stick with your pve gear replace it with honor gear if you can find a beter peice but as soon as you can start getting your grevious gear you will be a lot beter off

#14 Nomn

Nomn
  • Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:04 PM

Practice makes perfect

#15 xliquidx

xliquidx
  • Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:30 PM

View PostValkaneer, on 16 December 2013 - 02:04 PM, said:

It's really ok, I didn't need to know how to play I can read stickies and such for that. What I was asking can't be learned by watching it something that is experienced.   But thanks to all that helped I ended up for now as resto cuzI was begged to do so.  Also I didn't start  winning till I went resto seems I'm not so bad at it.   I will do a ele set soon after though.   Thx again for the help.

Resto is the worst spec to pick. You are just asking for a world of frustration and rape without lube. If you have set your mind to it, might as well change your shaman's name to "trainme/trainblue" around those lines because EVERYONE will train you EVERY game.

Also, you should take some screaming lessons, as it is very important for you to run around screaming at your team mates for peels all the time when in Arena. Sometimes your team mates might mistake you for another healer and expect you to live, which is not the case for Rshamans this season, unfortunately. Therefore, it is your duty to deepthroat your mic to make sure they are well aware of your class. This is just the tip of the iceberg, here are some briefing on what to expect when you play your resto shaman:

1. Expect to get 1 shotted by Mage/Rogue  at ANY time - which are pretty much in 99% of comps out there over 2k.
2. Expect to lose any time you see TSG.
3. Expect to lose 90% of your games due to you being instantly herp derp raped.
4. Watch all your cooldowns do absolutely nothing to help you survive.
5. Watch spiritlink bug out multiple times resulting in your death or your partner's.
6. Your only chance of doing good is running only 1 comp, which is MLS(with a destro lock) - unless if you are getting carried.

If you really want to watch streams of rshamans, this one is the best by far:: link below.

https://www.youtube....h?v=M8pR1rZZHEs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<