Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:36 PM

can't believe it took them so long

#62 Ralin

Ralin
  • Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:55 PM

View PostChanimal, on 13 December 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

you shouldn't have access

You wouldn't be so salty if your opinion wasn't filtered through glasses that were so blatantly rose colored.

What is most sad is that you spout your bias with a straight face.

#63 dredhed

dredhed
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction
  • LocationAUS

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:05 AM

Haven't they learned that lowering the risk for all the abilities in this game actually makes it shit?

The game is just a spam fest of zero risk high reward abilities.

#64 Ralin

Ralin
  • Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:39 AM

So why be morally outraged that hunters get it next so they can compete in the arms race than be outraged it isn't removed from everyone else?

#65 Chanimal

Chanimal

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:36 AM

View PostRalin, on 13 December 2013 - 10:55 PM, said:

You wouldn't be so salty if your opinion wasn't filtered through glasses that were so blatantly rose colored.

What is most sad is that you spout your bias with a straight face.

lowering the cast time to 2 seconds trivialises the skill involved in getting a pet out

lowering the skill cap isnt a good thing
twitch.tv/chanimaly follow me!

#66 Ralin

Ralin
  • Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:20 AM

View PostChanimal, on 14 December 2013 - 06:36 AM, said:

I agree with this statement.

But that's long been the road we've traveled before this point. I don't see there being a reason we focus on cutting out hunters from having a shot at getting in on it.

We have the RNG design paradigm of elemental shamans. The fingers of frost RNG + instant cast design paradigm of frost mages. We had the meta shift of every caster moving from cast times to instant casts or aura mastery type cooldowns.

But it's this, 2 second revive pet that is too much?

#67 Crunchwrapz

Crunchwrapz

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:12 AM

View PostChanimal, on 14 December 2013 - 06:36 AM, said:

hello MoP

#68 Chanimal

Chanimal

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:30 AM

View PostRalin, on 14 December 2013 - 07:20 AM, said:

I agree with this statement.

But that's long been the road we've traveled before this point. I don't see there being a reason we focus on cutting out hunters from having a shot at getting in on it.

We have the RNG design paradigm of elemental shamans. The fingers of frost RNG + instant cast design paradigm of frost mages. We had the meta shift of every caster moving from cast times to instant casts or aura mastery type cooldowns.

But it's this, 2 second revive pet that is too much?

i never denied the other stuff being retarded

just that adding more retarded stuff to the game is annoying

your way of justifying adding it is because other classes have broken stuff so you should have it too...

#69 Ralin

Ralin
  • Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:44 PM

View PostChanimal, on 14 December 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

your way of justifying adding it is because other classes have broken stuff so you should have it too...

I don't play a hunter nor do I play with one.

What I do know is that all this game has been for years upon years is an arms race going all the way back to when the only comp the developers cared and balanced around was RMP. To convince yourself or anyone else that it's anything else or that the people or person at the helm now is capable of establishing a vision of anything else is folly. As such, it's just ridiculous to suddenly draw the line at a class that hurts your own.

The game is 10 years old, we're 14 arena seasons in. Any belief that we're ever going to get across the board equal representation and power across specs or even across classes is pointless. So it's stupid to throw a tantrum to try and hold down the class someone else plays so that those players can have a season of being in the overlord club before this game dies.

#70 Chanimal

Chanimal

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:01 PM

View PostRalin, on 14 December 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

I don't play a hunter nor do I play with one.

What I do know is that all this game has been for years upon years is an arms race going all the way back to when the only comp the developers cared and balanced around was RMP. To convince yourself or anyone else that it's anything else or that the people or person at the helm now is capable of establishing a vision of anything else is folly. As such, it's just ridiculous to suddenly draw the line at a class that hurts your own.

The game is 10 years old, we're 14 arena seasons in. Any belief that we're ever going to get across the board equal representation and power across specs or even across classes is pointless. So it's stupid to throw a tantrum to try and hold down the class someone else plays so that those players can have a season of being in the overlord club before this game dies.

why would i not complain when a stupid change goes in? if people dont complain then some stupid things don't get changed back and the game becomes worse

#71 Nerdstomperr

Nerdstomperr
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 1493
  • 3v3: 2100
  • 5v5: 2141
  • RBG: 1896

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:54 PM

View PostVotlol, on 13 December 2013 - 06:06 PM, said:

k gonna say it one more time.

a 2 sec rez time still isn't even enough to give the hunter pet uptime because ton of interrupts, and all you have to for sure get it is deter. If you play with a paladin you can get aura mastery assuming it doesn't get stunned, feared, knock backed, etc. Otherwise, you have wyvern, scatter, root (from disengage), and trap to try and get it off, but each player has multiple ways to stop the casts (even disc / holy priests), and you shouldn't have to blow your main defensive to rez it (especially when you only have 1 sac rofl).

The pet dies so easily, just a warrior hitting, or if a lock has full dots + a mage just frost bolting, spriest dots + lock dots, all of that can out dmg with spam heals which is fine if it wasn't tough to get the pet back, but without dismiss it is.

The hunter i play with (when i do play, i don't just queue with a hunter) is pretty good about pulling it out of los of the enemy, spam healing, and dismissing as soon as a team goes on it, but that's not enough sometimes so imagine without dismiss.

To those of you that think the pet is hard to kill, you're wrong. Maybe it's tough for some classes to solo, but no team to kill really, even with heals (and keep in mind while it can die through heals it's so easy to stop classes from healing for 2 seconds (blanket or any other cc) enough to global it).

It would be okay that you had to spam heals on the pet yah, but that's not my point, I spam heals on it and it can still die, even if i pop cds, even with good play from my hunter, all the time to all kinds of comps because it's not tanky enough to "never die if it gets spam healed or looked at by the healer" rofl. That's fine though, it should be killed if it's tunneled, but dismiss was a great way to take care of that as it's not nearly as easily interrupted (still can stop it with CCs just not kicks, obviously) and it took some brain power to notice that it was going to get globaled. Now you are going to have to wait for it to die, start resing, get kicked a hundred times, have to blow all your kiting ability / CC to get it possibly. There isn't enough time to go through each and every stop from a team without CCing them, and if you have to blow your CC for a pet res you are put behind offensively a ton which is a big deal for a hunter comp.

It's not a fun way to play (new hunter strat stunnel pet and then tunnel hunter and stop all the res attempts until finally deter rez and repeat), and it's not fun to play against. The primary strat shouldn't be to tunnel a pet (it's not the only strat, i know many of you are bewildered), and when it's so important to because of a goat debuff, the goat should be changed not how the res / dismiss.

Imagine all this stuff to a BM hunter especially who can't say fuck it and just try to dps without the pet. Ya not so many play it right now, even though it's not bad just underrated.. (having 2 trinkets just can't be bad when you have all these rmx running around..).

But the res cast time change doesn't compensate for the inability to dismiss, let alone become something to actually fuckin' complain about being too strong. Rofl.

edit: and sry i may slightly exaggerated lock's ability to kill the pet through heals, you may be right here, but i'm basing this on my experience vs probably the only lock who does real enough pressure to do so in the game right now, just was more used to playing vs him than any other warlocks cus I never queue into them, really.

pets should not be a main source of dmg any way  imo they should make all pets only do 1k dmg if that 500 is more reasonable

#72 Ralin

Ralin
  • Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:38 PM

View PostChanimal, on 14 December 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

why would i not complain when a stupid change goes in? if people dont complain then some stupid things don't get changed back and the game becomes worse

Because you end up looking blatantly biased, selectively choosing only the stupid things that hurt your class but being oddly silent or choosing not to voice an opinion when given the stage to.

Every caster defends to the death their ability to insta cast. You're quoted as having said this game and the changes this expansion being good, until now. Suddenly, this change, is horribly bad.

If you actually were a voice against things that were stupid, then do so consistently. But it appears quite clearly that you are not.

#73 Polygonzz

Polygonzz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1467
  • 3v3: 2192
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1994

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:00 PM

View PostChanimal, on 14 December 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

you're complaining in the wrong place

anyways, i think 2 seconds res is fine if goat debuff is nerfed (made non aoe or a shorter duration so it doesn't have 100% uptime effortlessly)

#74 TteSPORTSDoomsen

TteSPORTSDoomsen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2312
  • 3v3: 3005
  • RBG: 2152
  • LocationTyskland

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:29 PM

View PostPolygonzz, on 14 December 2013 - 04:00 PM, said:

you're complaining in the wrong place

anyways, i think 2 seconds res is fine if goat debuff is nerfed (made non aoe or a shorter duration so it doesn't have 100% uptime effortlessly)

Yes, but this wont happen that's why this change is one of the dumbest "hotfixes" in this entire expansion. Make hunter easier to play than it already is.

#75 Schvetolga

Schvetolga
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 2234
  • 3v3: 2525
  • 5v5: 1056
  • RBG: 2380

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:44 PM

View PostChanimal, on 14 December 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

i never denied the other stuff being retarded

just that adding more retarded stuff to the game is annoying

In all honesty, it's the only way to "balance" the scales right now, as we know mages ice lances wont get nerfed, nor will rogue or warrior damage. The best way would obviously be for the overlords to be nerfed but realistically, that wont happen. Mages, warriors and rogues have the most retarded abilities/damage atm and look whos the overlords of arena, is that a good way to go? A few classes being retarded and thus dominating the scene? To compete in arena right now you NEED retarded stuff BECAUSE other classes have it. It's not a good balance but its the MoP balance.
Posted Image

#76 TteSPORTSDoomsen

TteSPORTSDoomsen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationTyskland

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:06 PM

View PostUrbandurban, on 14 December 2013 - 06:44 PM, said:

In all honesty, it's the only way to "balance" the scales right now

ROFL that explanation is so dumb that you must be high.

#77 Schvetolga

Schvetolga
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:07 PM

View PostTteSPORTSDoomsen, on 14 December 2013 - 07:06 PM, said:

ROFL that explanation is so dumb that you must be high.

Instead of just disagreeing with us "rats" and agreeing with every post Chanimals make, perhaps you could explain your thoughts instead of just "lol stupid" and "Chanimals so correct <3".

Edited by Urbandurban, 14 December 2013 - 07:08 PM.

Posted Image

#78 TteSPORTSDoomsen

TteSPORTSDoomsen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationTyskland

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:10 PM

View PostUrbandurban, on 14 December 2013 - 07:07 PM, said:

Instead of just disagreeing with us "rats" and agreeing with every post Chanimals make, perhaps you could explain your thoughts instead of just "lol stupid" and "Chanimals so correct <3".

Because he explains it perfectly for as you call yourself "rat" but you just don't realize it because you don't even see that he's correct in so many ways.

You have wall of texts of  precise explanations but that is not enough. I can't understand how Chan hasn't given up yet. Trying to explain things to people that just dont ever wanna listen

Edited by TteSPORTSDoomsen, 14 December 2013 - 07:22 PM.

#79 Schvetolga

Schvetolga
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:22 PM

View PostTteSPORTSDoomsen, on 14 December 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

Because he explains it perfectly for as you call yourself "rat" but you just don't realize it because you don't even see that he's correct in so many ways.

You have wall of texts of  precire explanations but that is not enough. I can't understand how Chan hasn't given up yet. Trying to explain things to people that just dont ever wanna listen

He hasn't responded to my latest post so I cant see how he "explains it perfectly". Only you have responded, and with a very childish response I might add.

Explain why I'm wrong instead of redirecting me to Chanimals. Perhaps you 2 should get married?
Posted Image

#80 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:32 PM

View PostUrbandurban, on 14 December 2013 - 07:22 PM, said:

He hasn't responded to my latest post so I cant see how he "explains it perfectly". Only you have responded, and with a very childish response I might add.

Explain why I'm wrong instead of redirecting me to Chanimals. Perhaps you 2 should get married?
you come across as a complete idiot so I'm surprised either one of them bothers to reply to you tbh

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<