Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 21:07. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Revive Pet Cast Time To Be Reduced To 2 Seconds

Redemption Fuckyeah finally

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#41 Reedztv

Reedztv
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 2315

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:38 AM

u leave my friend adam chan alone

#42 Polygonzz

Polygonzz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/2/2/0/.
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 2184
  • 5v5: 864
  • RBG: 1929

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:41 AM

from a lock perspective goat counters really hard and the only way to get rid of the debuff is to kill the pet which will be impossible to keep dead with this change

not to mention people mongo warlock pets that literally die through heals even if you spam soulburn health funnel and while this change is really good for hunters and will make them more viable, i kind of wish warlock pets also got a 2 second resummon to get rid of the stupid pet training metagame.

#43 Votlol

Votlol
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Antonidas
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 3v3: 2152
  • 5v5: 1056
  • RBG: 1151

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:21 AM

I like how it worked before much better. It was possible to stop dismiss and kill a pet, and easy to stop the res cast. Now it may be a little easier to res the pet, you still are going to have to waste time on res just like you had to waste time on dismiss, only there won't be as many benefits (cc cd, ros cd, etc) and it's interruptable, meaning it can take much much longer to get off.

I hate hunters and goats as much as the next guy, but I mean things are not supposed to be balanced on a 1v1 basis.. things are meant to counter other things, just like when locks sort of countered hunters in s11 if you could live past the opening minute the hunter didn't have enough to outlast the DoT pressure (and back then dots could kill you in deter, etc). Goat's problem is short CD, last long time, and aoe. But the hunter loses the ability to use a CC pet, which is a big deal vs teams that are good enough to eat a lot of traps (especially if they have a tremor or poison dispell).

I mean locks have a tongues too that plenty spam, and while it's not as easily kept up / managed as letting your goat take care of it, at least all healers can dispell goat's debuff, and it can be avoided a little by spreading out.

I hate it when lock pets get tunneled, but at least they have a cool alternative which is playing sac spec.

But idk... maybe I'm biased or dumb or something, but I just think this is a crummy compensation to taking away dismiss, and while I hate hunters (playing with and against tbh) sac was one of the only really special or cool spell they had and I think if they wanted to balance hunters better, it would take consideration in other aspects of the class like their CC and damage, not their defense (and tbh they don't even seem that bad lately, imo it's more a problem with the classes they are playing with than the hunter class itself).

ps: people complain hunters would destroy mages without this change, though maybe not even true, i have no idea (not a doctor), but shouldn't hunters shit on mages? isn't that the tradition? idk. it would just be really lame if no one had classes that countered them at all.

Edited by Votlol, 13 December 2013 - 06:27 AM.

#44 Silhin

Silhin
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/2/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1961

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:08 PM

it's harder than other pets maybe, but it should be...

and it's still not very hard, you can easily kill it with no CC on a healer that spam heals it as most comps / classes.

and in case you forgot from being able to instant cast all day, there's a million interrupts in the game and if you're forced to spam a 2 second cast and get it off or just lose, it's pretty dumb. Almost like a destro lock but even worse because at least they have immolate, fears, etc, and kill potential somewhat without getting the casts off, where as hunters in general, like i said before especially BM, relies heavily on the pet for any kill potential.

wtf is even the point of killing it now that not even gonna be start anymore not with 2 second res Comon r u that stupid? if this goes live they should reduc pets Hp By half pets shouldnt feel like your killing a fucking player Blizz has there heads up there ass nerf something that was clearly broken and then buff the crap out of them what sense does this make

#45 Silhin

Silhin
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/2/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1961

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:14 PM

without dismissing ros is a pretty long cd, and to "spam" it you sacrifice damage and uptime. But whatever, that's beyond the point.

Dismissing could still be stopped before (stuns and fears and stuff) outside of deter, and idk it's not as big of a deal if the pet isn't relied so heavily on, but like i said, especially as BM it's pretty dumb you can't do anything to save it.

I understand having to spam heals though if the pet is getting recked on, but when i have to spam just for normal damage like... frostbolts? rofl... it's pretty lame that if i choose not to or can't spam heal it, it just dies and my hunter is to run around the rest of the game tryin to rez.

the reason u spam is cuz in general hunter's arent as scared for the pet dieing unlike a player would so the pets always LOS hitting something around a pillar or not pillaring at all

Basically what your saying a melee sitting in the open getting crapped on by some caster free casting in to him shouldn't be (spammed) healed too . Tell your hunter to improve on his Pet defensive play

Edited by Silhin, 13 December 2013 - 12:18 PM.

#46 stalebagel

stalebagel
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 3v3: 2091

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:29 PM

a full row of dots + very minor damage, or just a warrior OR mage hitting the pet is enough to kill through heals

I'm not sure how a healer who exclusively queues hunter variants could say this. This actually isn't the case at all, I can't even see this applying to water eles or lock pets which are exclusively weaker survivability-wise to hunter pets. A real complaint I could see from hunter's and pet owners in general is their pet's susceptibility to AoE cooldowns such as bladestorm and frozen orb in which case a pet revive cast time reduction isn't addressing a damn thing. If anything a buff to Avoidance is warranted but not this, no, not like this.

#47 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:44 PM

I'm not sure how a healer who exclusively queues hunter variants could say this. This actually isn't the case at all, I can't even see this applying to water eles or lock pets which are exclusively weaker survivability-wise to hunter pets. A real complaint I could see from hunter's and pet owners in general is their pet's susceptibility to AoE cooldowns such as bladestorm and frozen orb in which case a pet revive cast time reduction isn't addressing a damn thing. If anything a buff to Avoidance is warranted but not this, no, not like this.

Don'y you have an exam?

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

bro you got +rep'd by rapture... 

XECkfsj.png

Made by Regentlord

#48 stalebagel

stalebagel
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 3v3: 2091

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:58 PM

Don'y you have an exam?

dextroamphetamine

#49 Chanimal

Chanimal
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/2/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1603
  • 3v3: 2815
  • RBG: 1847

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:27 PM

ya dude ur just complaining about hunters because u dont like them because you are a lock.. Just basically telling me im wrong for shits, i dont think you're thinking about it with the goal to have the game more balanced but rather like i said just for mongoloid hunters to be nerfed to the ground.

no, you're just greatly exaggerating how hard it is to keep a pet alive

you realise 2 seconds is 0.5 seconds longer than a mage water ele cast? and before you say, "omg so many interrupts in the game" there are 10000 things you can do as a hunter to get that cast off

you play with a hunter nearly every time you queue, do you just space out or something and let the pet die? because outside of insane lock pressure / bladestorm the pet shouldn't just randomly die on its own

You really are childish, aren't you? I sincerely hope you never get invited to a PvP summit or get consulted on PvP balancing. I dare not think what would happen considering how biased you are.

how do you guys not realise how retarded a 2sec pet cast is for hunters? 2 second cast is the easiest thing ever to get off for anyone.... the pet will have a near 100% uptime

it'll be like cata when killing a lock pet does nothing because they actually had near infinite resummons with no cooldown, how is this good?

you can seriously do 1000 things to get a pet out

disengage root
scatter
explosive trap
wyvern
even a silence shot is enough for you to get the cast off LOL

I have no idea how you guys think this is good for the game, it's frustrating for the pet to die but having to get it out again should cost something.

I'd much rather if all pets were harder to kill, but once they died it took some effort to actually get it out again - running at a hunter once his pet has died now is going to be laughable because one disengage and he gets a free summon around the pillar...

Edited by Chanimal, 13 December 2013 - 04:47 PM.

twitch.tv/chanimaly follow me!

#50 Ralin

Ralin
  • Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:57 PM

2 second cast is the easiest thing ever to get off for anyone

Just gonna quote this for the next time any caster complains that it is hard to cast spells when there's a discussion about caster DPS in this game having infinity instant casts/never having to cast anymore and the rebuttal from every caster being that there's too many interrupts.

#51 rageTG

rageTG
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:59 PM

you play with a hunter nearly every time you queue, do you just space out or something and let the pet die? because outside of insane lock pressure / bladestorm the pet shouldn't just randomly die on its own

In his defense it also randomly dies vs mage teams when you sac their opener.

#52 TteSPORTSDoomsen

TteSPORTSDoomsen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/0/0/2/0/.
  • 2v2: 2477
  • 3v3: 3080
  • RBG: 2541
  • LocationTyskland

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:01 PM

I couldn't agree more. It's a shame that someone as known as you has such a biased opinion on this matter. Like the above poster said, I really hope you don't ever get asked to help balance this game.

It's such a shame that people like you can even type in this section. What he says is completely correct and jeez..if your pet dies then you got a L2P issue right there and might look for the "Ask a Gladiator" forum section since unless you or you healer is afk, your pet cannot even die. And then again, your pet mechanic is so shit easy that it can outplay a whole team by itself.

#53 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:16 PM

It's such a shame that people like you can even type in this section. What he says is completely correct and jeez..if your pet dies then you got a L2P issue right there and might look for the "Ask a Gladiator" forum section since unless you or you healer is afk, your pet cannot even die. And then again, your pet mechanic is so shit easy that it can outplay a whole team by itself.

He has the exact same title credentials as you do so....

And the truth is somewhere in between - some teams have a really easy time killing pets and some don't.

Locks have a really hard time cause of mend pet + spirit bond, leading to Chanimals' perception

Warriors, mages, eles have an easy time, leading to the hunter community perception

My perception (hint; the correct one), is that pet summon could be 3 seconds (making it easier to interrupt than the current implementation), or dismiss pet comes back, but no longer resets SaC, or pet takes less aoe damage (like past expansions) and revive stays 4 or 3 secs.

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

bro you got +rep'd by rapture... 

XECkfsj.png

Made by Regentlord

#54 Votlol

Votlol
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Antonidas
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 3v3: 2152
  • 5v5: 1056
  • RBG: 1151

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:06 PM

k gonna say it one more time.

a 2 sec rez time still isn't even enough to give the hunter pet uptime because ton of interrupts, and all you have to for sure get it is deter. If you play with a paladin you can get aura mastery assuming it doesn't get stunned, feared, knock backed, etc. Otherwise, you have wyvern, scatter, root (from disengage), and trap to try and get it off, but each player has multiple ways to stop the casts (even disc / holy priests), and you shouldn't have to blow your main defensive to rez it (especially when you only have 1 sac rofl).

The pet dies so easily, just a warrior hitting, or if a lock has full dots + a mage just frost bolting, spriest dots + lock dots, all of that can out dmg with spam heals which is fine if it wasn't tough to get the pet back, but without dismiss it is.

The hunter i play with (when i do play, i don't just queue with a hunter) is pretty good about pulling it out of los of the enemy, spam healing, and dismissing as soon as a team goes on it, but that's not enough sometimes so imagine without dismiss.

To those of you that think the pet is hard to kill, you're wrong. Maybe it's tough for some classes to solo, but no team to kill really, even with heals (and keep in mind while it can die through heals it's so easy to stop classes from healing for 2 seconds (blanket or any other cc) enough to global it).

It would be okay that you had to spam heals on the pet yah, but that's not my point, I spam heals on it and it can still die, even if i pop cds, even with good play from my hunter, all the time to all kinds of comps because it's not tanky enough to "never die if it gets spam healed or looked at by the healer" rofl. That's fine though, it should be killed if it's tunneled, but dismiss was a great way to take care of that as it's not nearly as easily interrupted (still can stop it with CCs just not kicks, obviously) and it took some brain power to notice that it was going to get globaled. Now you are going to have to wait for it to die, start resing, get kicked a hundred times, have to blow all your kiting ability / CC to get it possibly. There isn't enough time to go through each and every stop from a team without CCing them, and if you have to blow your CC for a pet res you are put behind offensively a ton which is a big deal for a hunter comp.

It's not a fun way to play (new hunter strat stunnel pet and then tunnel hunter and stop all the res attempts until finally deter rez and repeat), and it's not fun to play against. The primary strat shouldn't be to tunnel a pet (it's not the only strat, i know many of you are bewildered), and when it's so important to because of a goat debuff, the goat should be changed not how the res / dismiss.

Imagine all this stuff to a BM hunter especially who can't say fuck it and just try to dps without the pet. Ya not so many play it right now, even though it's not bad just underrated.. (having 2 trinkets just can't be bad when you have all these rmx running around..).

But the res cast time change doesn't compensate for the inability to dismiss, let alone become something to actually fuckin' complain about being too strong. Rofl.

edit: and sry i may slightly exaggerated lock's ability to kill the pet through heals, you may be right here, but i'm basing this on my experience vs probably the only lock who does real enough pressure to do so in the game right now, just was more used to playing vs him than any other warlocks cus I never queue into them, really.

Edited by Votlol, 13 December 2013 - 06:16 PM.

#55 Schvetolga

Schvetolga
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1152
  • 3v3: 2534
  • RBG: 2060

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:07 PM

you realise 2 seconds is 0.5 seconds longer than a mage water ele cast? and before you say, "omg so many interrupts in the game" there are 10000 things you can do as a hunter to get that cast off

how do you guys not realise how retarded a 2sec pet cast is for hunters? 2 second cast is the easiest thing ever to get off for anyone.... the pet will have a near 100% uptime

it'll be like cata when killing a lock pet does nothing because they actually had near infinite resummons with no cooldown, how is this good?

you can seriously do 1000 things to get a pet out

disengage root
scatter
explosive trap
wyvern
even a silence shot is enough for you to get the cast off LOL

I have no idea how you guys think this is good for the game, it's frustrating for the pet to die but having to get it out again should cost something.

I'd much rather if all pets were harder to kill, but once they died it took some effort to actually get it out again - running at a hunter once his pet has died now is going to be laughable because one disengage and he gets a free summon around the pillar...

So a better solution would be to homogenize the pet res then? Maybe everyone can have a soulburn pet res for a small cost like locks and if they choose not to use that, it takes 4 or 5 seconds to res? Is that better? Is that more balanced? Yay, we can all be the same.

There's literally 1000 things you can do as a lock to get a pet summon off

port
gate
fear
coil
howl
play lsd and have your team super saiyan peel

Can't believe how much fuss you're making about this either, it's like you think the whole game will break down and hunters will be the overlords because of a 2 second pet res. Warriors, mages and rogues are already the overlords and this change will help a bit vs instantly orbing the pet and having to struggle to get a new one while they melt your face.

Perhaps you could see it from another perspective other than just something that hurts your class.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#56 Chanimal

Chanimal
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/2/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1603
  • 3v3: 2815
  • RBG: 1847

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:58 PM

Just gonna quote this for the next time any caster complains that it is hard to cast spells when there's a discussion about caster DPS in this game having infinity instant casts/never having to cast anymore and the rebuttal from every caster being that there's too many interrupts.

you shouldn't have access

pulling back to get a pet res off that is a 1.5/2 second cast is so easy

In his defense it also randomly dies vs mage teams when you sac their opener.

ya i agree this is retarded, i feel like pets should be tankier but harder to get a res off, or it kills the purpose of targeting the pet at all

this is also a mage damage problem though not just a hunter pet issue

So a better solution would be to homogenize the pet res then? Maybe everyone can have a soulburn pet res for a small cost like locks and if they choose not to use that, it takes 4 or 5 seconds to res? Is that better? Is that more balanced? Yay, we can all be the same.

There's literally 1000 things you can do as a lock to get a pet summon off

port
gate
fear
coil
howl
play lsd and have your team super saiyan peel

Can't believe how much fuss you're making about this either, it's like you think the whole game will break down and hunters will be the overlords because of a 2 second pet res. Warriors, mages and rogues are already the overlords and this change will help a bit vs instantly orbing the pet and having to struggle to get a new one while they melt your face.

Perhaps you could see it from another perspective other than just something that hurts your class.

getting a lock pet off right now if you dont have shards is just as hard as a hunter, i couldnt imagine if i had a 2s pet cast res i wouldnt even care if my pet died ever

its annoying to have a 2s res timer because now, it will pretty much mean nothing if the pet dies, theres pretty much no consequences

im convinced a 2 second cast as a class that already nearly plays max range wont be impossible to do

k gonna say it one more time.

a 2 sec rez time still isn't even enough to give the hunter pet uptime because ton of interrupts, and all you have to for sure get it is deter.

yes, yes it is

Edited by Chanimal, 13 December 2013 - 07:03 PM.

twitch.tv/chanimaly follow me!

#57 Glink

Glink
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/2/0/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1652
  • 3v3: 2968
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1573
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:16 PM

NEVAR 4GET...
Posted Image
Twitch.tv/Glinksz Rank 1 Hunter PvP
Posted Image

#58 Pankakez

Pankakez
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1639
  • 3v3: 2607
  • 5v5: 1880
  • RBG: 2104

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:33 PM

ya dude ur just complaining about hunters because u dont like them because you are a lock.. Just basically telling me im wrong for shits, i dont think you're thinking about it with the goal to have the game more balanced but rather like i said just for mongoloid hunters to be nerfed to the ground.

Leave it how it was but make the buff dispellable or make it a damage reduction, not immune to crits thats just insane imo.

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:51 PM

Vs DKs (If they even ever queue anymore), pet survivability is a joke. Against Warriors, I'm keeping Mend pet up 24/7 and it's still at 50% through bleeds, without any AoE play/Mage Living Bomb. Maybe it's less of a problem vs other classes, but against any Mage or Warrior my pet, if it's more than 20 yards away from me, or closer than 5-10 yards it's taking the realest pressure.

Also has a lot to do with Healer Mana, which most of those who have spoken in this thread have forgotten/overlooked. I've had a lot of games where my Rshaman or whatever ends up having to drink 3 minutes in because of the pressure Warrior/x/x is able to put out on not only me, but my pet through bleeds and randomly turning on it for a second, while Warrior mongos on my behind a box. That's something that can be avoided by going pet sac for Locks, and there is no easy(ish) fix for that for Mage pets. I don't disagree that Mage pets are stupid easy to kill.
I'd like to think the healers I play with would agree that my pet positioning is fairly good, and it makes it a lot harder to kill from most classes, but that doesn't change the fact that for games that have any dots/bleeds, it's an incredible drain on the healer's mana, which is something that's extremely detrimental to Hunter games atm, where most of the time vs a good War/Mage/Druid or even RMD will not be a short game.

Overall, a 2 second res will be pretty easy to get vs some comps, impossible never-the-less vs others still. But, most Hunter games turn super defensive if the pet dies, and lose a lot of their pressure for the rest of the game if the pet doesn't get res'd, which isn't exactly fair either (As Marks or BM)

Edited by Brandnewftwarmorforsleep, 13 December 2013 - 08:55 PM.

#60 Mattadoro

Mattadoro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/1/2/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2090
  • 3v3: 2769
  • 5v5: 2517
  • RBG: 767
  • LocationGAINSville, The Gym

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:32 PM

Leave it how it was but make the buff dispellable or make it a damage reduction, not immune to crits thats just insane imo.

because thats what i want mages to have while playing against wmd.. a stolen pet sac ... :mad:

Edited by Mattadoro, 13 December 2013 - 09:32 PM.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users