• Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:19 PM

incase they re-introduce meta procs.

in our dreams :(

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 01 March 2014 - 10:19 PM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#122 Glexarn_6416766

Glexarn_6416766
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1354
  • 3v3: 1488
  • 5v5: 1299
  • RBG: 192

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:07 AM

So out of curiousity has anyone attempted just a full mastery build on live lately, or in the Prideful gear whenever it was on the PTR? I imagine with the amount of time people still spend dispelling UA, stacking full mastery would be quite punishing more-so than ever, although the damage is already pretty big from dispell with full haste stacking, it could be pretty funny/scarey for the enemy healer. Although I do love the haste feel much better overall.

on live with 527 ilvl and ~104% mastery (88.5% base+pally buff) my UA dispel damage still didn't seem very threatening and healers still didn't give a fuck.

so much for my little dream of being able to play destro and aff without regemming.

edit: was with ~1800mmr shadowplay 3v3 and ~1500mmr 4dps 5v5. I'm pretty bad and still extremely new to warlock, so there's your caveat.

#123 Destructodave

Destructodave
  • Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:24 AM

I tried a Mastery build out last week. Honestly, it does more DPS than haste does, but it just feels worse while playing it. I swapped back to Haste this week.

I think on average Mastery seemed to do like 2k more dps on Recount during my games. But, you have less shards, everything feels a lot slower, etc.

I'd have to do it again to really nail the difference in DPS down, but I like the feel of Haste better, as it seems most locks do. The higher shard generation alone makes haste more fun to play.

Also, it was a lot easier to get damage out while getting trained as Haste, where free casting I did more as Mastery.

#124 Tronux

Tronux

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:59 PM

I calculated it, the best haste softcap would be 30.96% so 15940 rating without raid haste buff and 13152 with it.
The difference is another 10 ms on gcd outside dark soul with slightly more damage on a full dot row (ag 10/10).

With mastery and lets say the 21.4% softcap the difference in ua dispell damage is 12k in 5.4.7 full gear vs base 80% resi.
This does not outweight a 9-10 lower ms on every cast in my opinion.

#125 Slaggy

Slaggy
  • LocationThird World New Zealand

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:30 PM

Haste feels better to me, seems to "flow" better and those fears are nicer when trained, though i'm playing HLD survival afflic mode so really the mastery spread dmg and the UA dispelled crits are really benifical to us with me being trained as the lock so much. + scatter trap bash clone is plenty enough for when i cant create seperation to fear into or off of a CC.

Haste is flatly better imho, but for HLD mastery feels useable, and for me, feels better for our comp. there is a fairly high amount of games we queue that BOTH dps are sub 35% for a majority of the game and im being trained and barley getting off casts let alone chain fears. Mayebt hats a poor example but I lika da mastery.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<