70 twink guild

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Zitalin

Zitalin
  • Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:20 PM

Hi there fellow twinks.

<Ante Amanthe> are recruiting more 70 twinks to join our already server-wide-known TBC Raid/PvP twink guild.
With all TBC raids cleared, we now search for more serious twinks to fill up our 2nd raid team.

1- About us
2- Rules
3- Our "Alternative" ways of raiding (Challenge, Competition, Speed and ICC runs)
4- Event Days
5- Other information + how do i join?

1: About us

Ante Amanthe is an Alliance TBC guild on Argent Dawn
Currently got over 500 members - None above level 70!
Hosting a 200 slot teamspeak 3 server.
Every TBC raid downed.
Guild level is 25.
Guild have been running for more than 1 year with no major problems
(almost) weekly Halaa world PvP event vs. a 70 horde guild on our server!
Please note that we have primary focus on raiding, however we do have some good pvpers in the guild.
3 Raids every week - mainly raiding tuesday, thursday, sunday.
1-3 ICC raids every week - only for BiS/Core Members+

Guild leaders:^
Zitalin
Shinela

Officer team:
Shizana - PvP officer
Vidlana - Raid Leader (stand-in) - ICC raid team leader
Ironclíff - Raid leader (stand-in) - ICC raid team leader

Semi Officers:
Uniquee - Raid Officer
Shalorà - Trial

History:

The twink community on "Argent Dawn" was very poor, and there were not really any TBC raiding going on. Some of my previous raid-buddies moved realm, and i thought someone should do something about it. Back in the late september (2012), i then decided to get a new twink guild going - with focus on the TBC content. The guild seemed to be a success, and we managed to gather lots of twinks in -one- guild, instead of having them spread out in lots of guilds. During the first month, i worked hard to find more twinks, get a homepage running, finding a ventrilo server etc. Then in mid-october, everything seemed to be ready. The rules were made, i had found a great officer team (Shoutout to Vorthyr, Darkepic & Púffsý) and we already back then had access to a ventrilo server.

So we started raiding. It went easy and smooth and the guild quickly got known among twinks. We got help from Excpl, the guild leader of the twink guild on ragnaros- Gallium Lore, and within half a month we had every raid up to and including SSC cleared.

The guild were growing quickly. We went from 40 members to 80 members on a very short time, and were soon ready to move to the "harder" TBC raids. Our homepage were getting used more and more and the twink community on Argent Dawn seemed to get active again.

With no bigger issues, we survived through the greater expansions of MoP and started having more events every week. For a period we actually had 7 events every week.

However. Things got a bit boring. The weekly SWP runs, the random raid-runs etc. We needed more challenge. Sprinklypuff mentioned that it was possible to enter ICC and TotC at level 70, and so we did. We currently got 10 of 12 bosses down in ICC, and 5 of 5 bosses in TotC.
We wanted to do more "alternative stuff" though. So we went to Pandaria.
With a 5man team, we managed to down 8 of 8 rare species in MoP; with no help from 90s.

Recently i've had trouble with my computer, and havn't been able to 'lead' the guild for a few weeks. But because of a great officer-team, the guild isn't struggling with anything. I decided to promote the officer, Shinela, to second guild leader, due to his motivation friendly manners and activity within the guild.

At this day, we still get whispers from x-realm twinks, who wish to transfer to join our guild.

2: Rules

General rules:
One of the most important rules of the guild is to be nice to eachother! If i, or any officer, see some kind of insulting words (if not ment in fun), the person will immediately get kicked! If you got a problem with any guild member, you can whisper me or send me a mail.

Even though we're trying to get as close as possible to the 'old tbc', we do allow the use of WOTLK gems/enchants, as the only thing used from the 'new contents'. This is because many of the guild members twinks already got their gear fully gemmed with WOTLK gems, and for some it have been expensive. Beside, in MoP expansion, it do not really matter whether you use wotlk or tbc gems, since the dps would be waaay higher than it used to be.
- A level 60 do more dps today than required for SWP in TBC.

The brutal gear is very easy to obtain. We allow the 'new twinks' to get this gear, but we will not accept the use of such gear in raids.

Our 7-tab guildbank is free to use, but you'll have to ask an officer to withdraw the item you want. This is to avoid 'grief' on our guild bank (mass-withdraw, moving items to the wrong tabs etc.) Feel free to leave a fee, the money will go to the guild bank and support guild repairs for our 'raider' rank.

PvP:

• PvP power is allowed.
  • We got no requirements for our PvP world events, as this merely is for the fun.
  • Wintrading is NOT allowed!
  • For PvP world events (2v2 tournaments), we do not allow Healer/Healer, Healer/Hybrid or Hybrid/Hybrid combinations, as it simply is too overpowered. 1. It's, in most situations, a secure win, if the enemy team is a dps/heal, dps/hybrid or dps/dps. 2. If both teams are playing heal/heal or heal/hybrid, the match will take forever

PvE:

• The guild will -NEVER- raid with characters above level 70.
  • - IF WE HAVE TO PUG -, we'll make sure only to find other level 70s, who also know what to do.
  • However! - We do allow our guild members to 'pug' raids with 90s (on their own), and that way get boosted to gear. - I personally dislike this rule, but my officer team aswell as many guild members want it this way. We will maybe make a rank for the "legit" gearing twinks later on.
  • Reserving gear/ninjaing is not tolerated, not when you pug on your own!
  • If you sign for an event, you HAVE to show up. If you dont, you'll be warned. If it happens again, you'll either get demoted or get a guildkick. this is to avoid a guild full of slackers!
  • To avoid 'raging', we DO NOT ALLOW reservings. If you lose on an item roll, then better luck next time. Of course mainspec have highest prio.
  • We use teamspeak 3 to most of our raids, so make sure you have it installed before signing up for a raid. We wont start the raid before everyone in the raid group is on teamspeak. You dont have to talk, but i expect you to have speakers, so you can litsen while i explain tacs, loot-rules etc.
  • Beside these rules, we of course also expect people to be nice during any event..

3: Our Alternative ways of raiding

We all know that TBC raids aren't very hard any longer.
Even if you go with full TBC gem/enchant/gear, then you'll still do way more DPS than you would in TBC. I mean.. a level 60 with heirlooms can do the dps that was required for Brutallus back in TBC.

Blizzard did not only buff the dps of a level 70, but also nerfed the raids so it was soloable for transmorg to the 90s, as it, obviously, is Blizzards main priority to make it easier for the MoP content players, and i guess thats fair enough.

We have so far cleared every raid up to- and including Sunwell Plateau without facing the big challenges. Felmyst down on first attempt. We did have some wipes on Kil'jaeden due to missunderstandings and missing people.
ANYWAY!
I wondered how we could make raiding a bit more challenging- or atleast funnier and i came up with three ideas:

Challenge run:
Before the raid starts clearing trash, every person in the group takes off eight items
I decided that we, in my guild, should remove trinket, rings, belt, boots, cape and necklace to avoid most procs (aswell as avoiding nudity :I) The DPS is decreased slightly and the bossfights lasts way longer. If the DPS still is high, then you can always take off more items.
We did a Karazhan challenge run with only weapons, rings, trinkets and a red winter veil suit equipped. (It was christmas the day after the mentioned raid). The tank were allowed to equip a few items, else he would have no armor at all and would (almost) be onehitted. For the DPS, it meant instant-dead if you got aggro.

Speed run:
The choosed raid has to be cleared as fast as possible. We have to beat our previous time. Such raids can cause lot of missunderstandings and people may get confused, so this way you'll also test the guild members skills.

Competition-run:
If i end up with more members signed for a raid than required, then i make something i call a "competition-run". I start out inviting every signed to one group. Then i split the group into two groups, which seems to be equal in dps, tank and healing.
I make one of my officers lead one of the two groups, while i lead one myself. After that, we head for the raid. First team to clear the raid wins. When we're doing these raids, we often give a price to the winning team. Not so long ago, each member of a winning team in a "Karazhan-Competition-run", won 200g.

WOTLK-Runs
To get more challenge, we've lately started doing WotLK raids. It is possible to enter a WotLk raid at level 70, as long as a level 80+ is in the raid group. Raids with no heroic mode (naxx,os,eoe,voa,ulduar) can not be entered though. WotLK runs are only for the best geared / most skilled members.. We do this on 10man mode.
10/12 ICC
5/5 TotC

Beside these runs, we will also do normal raid runs.

Note: These ways of raiding can also be used in other expansions than TBC. I am not sure how nerfed vanilla raids are these days, but a loomed lvl 60 can easily do up to 2k dps, which was the required for end-content raid boss Brutallius in TBC, so i guess 60 twinks experience the same easy runs as we do in the TBC bracket.*
I don't know if it is needed for competition in the WOTLK bracket, as you got both normal and heroic mode, 10/25man versions aswell as achievements. There should be enough to do in that expansion, as long as you stay away from the MoP/Cata gear. But thats up to you to decide :)

4: Event Days

- All raids start at 19:30. We stop at 22:00, but we've often cleared the raid before this time.
- PvP events start around 19:30-20:30

Tuesday - Random Raid (Any TBC raid)
Thursday - Sunwell Plateau (using teamspeak 3)
Saturday - PvP world events / RBG planning / Arena competitions (Does not occur -every- week, but as often as possible)
Wednesday/Friday (not every week) - ICC 10man - We got a core team for this, but i'm currently setting more teams up.
Sunday - Karazhan (Competition- or Speed Run - read above for more info about this)
Random days - Halaa world PvP event vs a 70 horde twink guild.

5: Other information

If you wish to join, then whisper me in game. My Battletag is: Zitalin #2772
If you wish to have access to our forum, then sign up on our homepage. I will have to accept your application before you can see the homepage forum though.

Sincerely Zitalin.

#2 Zitalin

Zitalin
  • Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:30 PM

Bump :D

#3 rebjorn

rebjorn
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Tarren Mill
  • Misery