Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-26 at 07:18. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Holinka's response to Shadow at this point

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 Seu

Seu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:50 AM

unfortunately a lot of the time they look at ladder data completely out of context (they have no context as they dont understand why certain comps/specs do well).

the most obvious recent example of this was the holy pally nerfs due to kfc dominance at the start of mop - anyone who played arena at a high level knew that the reason that comp was dominant wasnt the holy pally but from an outsider perspective you just saw a bunch of hpallies at the top and figured they needed to be toned down.

I think this is an issue with all priest specs as there are currently priests at high ladder rating, but they have been basically inactive since the first few weeks of the season. Everyone knows they are dogshit right now, but holinka loves his ladder data and as a result we shouldnt be holding our breath for fixes :(

#22 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Mistweaver 0/0/2/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2318
  • 3v3: 2622
  • 5v5: 2528

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:18 AM

My problem is the other the problem of Blizzard implying dumb shit by being vague.

What, did all the Shadow Priest just start sucking dick randomly? Come on Blizzard, the skillcap in this game isn't that high.

They've been doing this shit for like 2 years now and its getting ridiculous. A class is undertuned, and Blizzard's response is mostly, "Well, maybe people just don't know how to play it yet." WTF?

#23 Ralin

Ralin
  • Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:34 AM

but holinka loves his ladder data and as a result we shouldnt be holding our breath for fixes :(

If he loved it so much, the version he's getting has to be auto filtering warriors since just pure ladder data would just show all warriors with no context.

But jk he "doesn't see it".

It's incredibly hard to take the guy seriously when his responses make it seem as though he might as well not respond at all.

I'm pretty sure he spends more effort trying to seem clever in his own mind than actually saying anything.

#24 Hiiwa

Hiiwa
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1751

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:33 PM

As already has been said, what he means to say is

''While we appreciate the amount of suggestions to improve the game, the AMOUNT OF SUGGESTIONS doesn't have an impact on the balance changes that we make''

He doesn't say that feedback in general doesn't influence balance changes, just the amount of suggestions, so by all means, keep making feedback.
I agree that he expresses it poorly, however that is one of the drawbacks of twitter, mostly with the number of characters you can type (remember, before they took to twitter we would rarely get any response at all).

The argument that because the community disagrees amongst themselves blizzard is less prone to implement changes is ridiculous, wow isn't a democracy and in the end blizzard is going to do what they think is best for the game (thank god).

Also there is quite a long conversation somewhere about why blizzard doesn't see representation as a very valid measurement of class strength, though I cba to look it up, they make some very good points.

I agree that he is often very general and purposefully vague simply because work at blizzard is a group process and he can't make any promises himself

and yet there's this one guy sucking blizzard's cock once again.

#25 Saikx

Saikx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Arcane 1/2/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2173
  • 3v3: 2411
  • RBG: 1675

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:48 PM

that guy always seemed like a passive aggressive spastic to me, being the "boss" of pvp and not taking any advice from experienced players that ACTUALLY play the game

I dont get all this buttlicking hes receiving

Edited by Saikx, 04 December 2013 - 02:32 PM.

Posted Image

Visit my stream: http://www.twitch.tv/saikx

#26 apoxy

apoxy
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Outlaw 2/0/0/1/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 1520
  • 3v3: 1848
  • RBG: 2309

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:59 PM

inb4 the back of void shift for shadows

#27 Fizion

Fizion
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1814
  • 3v3: 2101
  • 5v5: 1777
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationAshburn, VA

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:06 PM

that guy always seemed like a passive aggressive spastic to me, being the "boss" of pvp and not taking any advice from experienced players that ACTUALLY play the game

I dont get all this buttlicking this guy gets

I couldn't agree more! He came in and made a couple minor changes and everyone proclaimed him as God. There are way too many things that have been broke for too long under his watch. He's either incompetent or he's a figurehead with no power and blizz really doesn't care about pvp (my guess is both).

P.S Every time I go to the PVP vendors I /spit on him. It makes me feel a little better after getting constantly wrecked in 9 of 10 matches by warriors.

#28 Chipperfield

Chipperfield
  • Chipperfield
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Demonology 2/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:08 PM

https://twitter.com/...056091822395393

Posted Image

You make an elitist assumption - he gives you an arrogant response. Of course they follow the output of the community and consider things carefully, only a moron would think otherwise. Are you dumb or?
Posted Image

#29 Ralin

Ralin
  • Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:50 PM

Posted Image

You make an elitist assumption -

When Holinka has stated multiple times that there's no planned balance changes between now and WoD, why is it an elitist assumption? It's taking his words at face value with no accidental misinterpretation. Are you dumb?

#30 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:15 PM

Stop being dumbasses just because you can't read between the lines.

http://us.battle.net...18633?page=4#71

#31 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Tirion
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/0/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 1963
  • RBG: 192

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:30 PM

ur hybrid class, stop complaining about mages being better than spriests...

#32 Specisback

Specisback
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/1/1/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 1563
  • 3v3: 2443
  • RBG: 1588

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:43 PM

You must be ignorant if you think mages aren't better than shadow priests. However, that aside, I was merely trying to ask if he seriously thought shadow was balanced at this point. I was not QQ'ing about our weakness, nor was I complaining about being underpowered. I was inquiring as to why we went from a highly represented and viable class (could virtually play well with all classes in both previous patches this xpac) to being almost non existent and almost unplayable in the current state of the game.

Edited by Specisback, 04 December 2013 - 03:44 PM.

#33 Ralin

Ralin
  • Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:44 PM

Except disc and holy not doing that much better. Mages as a whole doing better than priests as a whole so spriests being hybrid or not is a pointless argument.

#34 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:27 PM

I was inquiring as to why we went from a highly represented and viable class (could virtually play well with all classes in both previous patches this xpac)

I don't know if you only started playing shadowpriest in mop, and so have only ever known life as either the best pvp caster or a close second best to ele shamans, but its generally not the best thing for arena balance when shadowpriest x x is automatically a stupidly viable comp regardless of what two other classes you bring

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#35 Jokegamequit

Jokegamequit
  • Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:02 AM

Some of the responses holinka gives on twitter remind me of a politician dancing around the truth when asked a direct question, making broad blanket statements that cover every base, committing to nothing, making sure nothing thats said can be quoted out of context, it's just s bunch of bullshit lip wiggling.

#36 Dubsidia

Dubsidia
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:20 AM

Comments about representation are pointless, more people are not quing due to the inability to contribute in an arena game due to many obv reasons. Spriest is just not enjoyable.

Also,

unfortunately a lot of the time they look at ladder data completely out of context (they have no context as they dont understand why certain comps/specs do well).

Some would say Rogues/Warrs are overpowered this and previous seasons, yet we all watch Wizcon year after year.

#37 Ralin

Ralin
  • Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:52 AM

automatically a stupidly viable comp regardless of what two other classes you bring

So you mean like warlocks and mages every season? But it is disgusting and game breaking if shadow priests are also allowed this privilege. God forbid.

Some would say Rogues/Warrs are overpowered this and previous seasons, yet we all watch Wizcon year after year.

Maybe it has something to do with Wizcon qualifiers being held on a patch 8 months prior to the tournament every time.

Historically, warriors are always overlords at end of xpac exactly when Blizzcons are held. Problem is they tend to be in a lull during mid-xpac which is when qualifiers are held. Wizcon never reflects live play unless you actually believe the 2013 Blizzcon reflecting 0 rogues accurately portrays what top of the ladder is like.

#38 Xerox

Xerox
  • Members
  • LocationDubai

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:23 AM

With the new xpac, I see light at the end of the tunnel!
Posted Image

#39 Flayzor

Flayzor
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow ./2/0/1/2/2
  • RBG: 384

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:01 PM

Guiz, guiz, chill out and give up. Get outside and enjoy real life, Blizz won't be providing any major changes to arena till WoD release, 5.4 is the last patch and next season (Prideful?) you are still going to be playing on 5.4 patch. (Blizzcon info, yo.) So wait it out till WoD, while enjoying your real life instead of getting pissed and argue on the internet about video game. The game died long time ago, with Cata release, you had enough time to realize that unless they bring big changes to the developers' team, the game is still going to be dogshit.

#40 Reetry

Reetry
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Guardian 1/1/2/./0/./.
  • 2v2: 1670
  • 3v3: 2436
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1633

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:09 PM

Guiz, guiz, chill out and give up. Get outside and enjoy real life, Blizz won't be providing any major changes to arena till WoD release, 5.4 is the last patch and next season (Prideful?) you are still going to be playing on 5.4 patch. (Blizzcon info, yo.) So wait it out till WoD, while enjoying your real life instead of getting pissed and argue on the internet about video game. The game died long time ago, with Cata release, you had enough time to realize that unless they bring big changes to the developers' team, the game is still going to be dogshit.

So because you think the game is shit.. everybody else has to think the same ?

PvP is never going to be good ever again. Its like the michael jordan era of basketball. Those who witnessed it, were very very fortunate, but now it is gone and there is no bringing it back. Get over it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users