• Curse Sites
Help

What you would like see in next expansion?

pvp requirement rating shoulder tier 2

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 samppax

samppax
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2083
  • 3v3: 2375
  • RBG: 1909

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:10 PM

Topic tells it all. What changes in general you would like to see when WoD hits live?
Personally im missing some old mechanics like:
  • Rating requirements for gear (what we had tbc/wotlk)
  • Arena teams. Not gonna happen, but still missing em
  • Old dispell system. Also thinking old class only dispell's (priest for magic etc)
  • Delete 75% CC what in live now

Dont bother for trolling, im not getting mad kkbye

#2 TheGosuStandard

TheGosuStandard
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/1/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1710
  • 3v3: 2023
  • 5v5: 2266
  • RBG: 2003

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:13 PM

In general faster fixes rather than huge delays.

My second is class specific, wotlk/cata kiting for hunters.

#3 sounds

sounds
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Balance 2/0/2/1/1/.

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:18 PM

Yeah getting turreted by a packpedalling hunter in melee range isn't fun

#4 Fizion

Fizion
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2219

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:18 PM

• Skirmishes
  • Things that are obv broken fixed in a matter of days instead of months (if at all).
  • Shorter seasons
  • PVP gear that is close to PVE gear outside arenas
  • Remove the BS wear on gear from doing arenas or give drops.  I'm so sick of spending 100g for repairing gear and not getting jack in return.
  • Put pvp vendors back in cities.  I hate flying to somewhere in the middle of BFE to get gear.
  • Fixed the honor grind for old gear.  I hate queuing BGs and getting teamed with 9 bots.  We wouldn't bot if the grind wasn't so awful.  I'd quit if I had to the grind w/o my own bot since it's awful and tedious.

#5 samppax

samppax
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2083
  • 3v3: 2375
  • RBG: 1909

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:19 PM

View Postdj_abdullah, on 02 December 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

Yeah getting turreted by a packpedalling hunter in melee range isn't fun

View PostFizion, on 02 December 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

• Skirmishes
  • Things that are obv broken fixed in a matter of days instead of months (if at all).
  • Shorter seasons
  • PVP gear that is close to PVE gear outside arenas
Exactly what im thinking!

#6 TheGosuStandard

TheGosuStandard
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/1/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1710
  • 3v3: 2023
  • 5v5: 2266
  • RBG: 2003

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:26 PM

I think they said they want to reduce the amount of cooldown stacking and procs you get, so perhaps the end of one shots?

#7 Doseisfresh

Doseisfresh
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 192

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:04 PM

The Mage Class removed from the game.
Posted Image

#8 catastrophiq1

catastrophiq1
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1484
  • 3v3: 2676
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1839

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:10 PM

I've been hoping every expansion that the game will improve or be more balanced, but each time I'm disappointed even more. That being said some changes that i do hope for that could possibly bring back some fun into the game (A lot have been said already):

-Skirmishes ( Honestly the only thing to do while your partners aren't on, between farming gear to even play / just playing so many BG's that its boring for waiting)

- Shorter Seasons - this average 30 weeks of seasons is really annoying because people camp rating all season long from weeks 1-3.

- Smaller patches - The game makes to big of changes only every couple of months really, small number tweaks would be better for a pvp aspect

- Less spells - i think if they crunched the amount of abilities we had it would make the game more viewable to the public and enjoyable. ATM its a huge cluster fuck going on that spectators have no idea whats going on unless they arena themselves.

- Spectator client - It's obviously possible considering private servers use their own and seem to make it work pretty successfully

*will add more once they pop into my head

Edited by catastrophiq1, 02 December 2013 - 08:18 PM.

#9 Templery

Templery

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:14 PM

i want wotlk

#10 watchmepwn

watchmepwn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2136
  • 3v3: 2880
  • 5v5: 2354
  • RBG: 768

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:17 PM

Delete the oneshot macro's from the game and less instant cc's. One spell should never hit harder then 10% of somebody's HP. Game fixed.

#11 Amex

Amex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2219
  • 3v3: 2692

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:26 PM

No cd on dispell
Manaburn (yes)
Beeing able to reset rating (fuck IRL friends)/arena teams
Remove DKs

#12 Nixonxx

Nixonxx
  • Nixonx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 2300
  • 3v3: 2810
  • 5v5: 2403
  • RBG: 2202
  • LocationCarmel, California

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:32 PM

I would like to see Blizzard put an honest effort into effectively addressing latency-related bugs seen in abilities. I've noticed that these issues are extremely common.

For example, when I cast Dark Sim on a druid in an attempt to copy a clone, my Dark Sim goes off, I'm in a clone, but my Dark Sim has somehow failed to copy the cyclone while I'm sitting there wondering why my Dark Sim debuff is just sitting there on the druid while I applied it before the clone even went off is a painstakingly annoying common occurrence that can happen with just about every ability...Pathetic.

Then you've got the issue where you're on your shaman or something, and you shear the Holy Paladin's repentance, but you still end up eating a full repentance even though your shear just went on cooldown as the repentance went off (this is the type of thing that happens often if you wait for a cast to be about 90% completed when you use an interrupt)

The list of these latency-related bugs can go on and on, but I'm sure you get the point.

Though Blizzard should predicate on their goal of balancing classes as much as they can come WoD, I feel these issues are a bit more prominent in that they're the ones that reflect what it actually means to play a truly broken game.
Posted Image

#13 Nixonxx

Nixonxx
  • Nixonx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 2300
  • 3v3: 2810
  • 5v5: 2403
  • RBG: 2202
  • LocationCarmel, California

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:50 PM

View PostAmex, on 02 December 2013 - 08:26 PM, said:

No cd on dispell
Manaburn (yes)
Beeing able to reset rating (fuck IRL friends)/arena teams
Remove DKs

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

kill yourself.
Posted Image

#14 helpx

helpx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 2383
  • 3v3: 2927
  • 5v5: 2607
  • RBG: 2278

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:57 PM

Everyone having 100 trinkets removed

#15 Evolute

Evolute
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:11 PM

reworking the dispel system

I liked having faster reactions rewarded, but that doesn't matter anymore that you can dispel a poly, but having it immediately reapplied with nothing you can do

It's also punishing to some classes more than others (shadowpriests, ua locks when scaling is bad and ua doesn't chunk you, etc)

I'd prefer it if they actually added flavour to each of the healers again, where druids were cc/pals were freedoms/priests were dps/shaman were lust and anticaster

but god knows that isn't going to happen : (

Edited by Evolute, 02 December 2013 - 11:12 PM.

Posted Image

#16 sounds

sounds
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:16 AM

Just copying over my post from the other topic; http://www.arenajunk...s-wrong-in-s14/

General changes;
  • Cast-time debuffs such as mind-numbing poison removed completely.
  • Racial balance needs to be looked at for sure.
  • Dispel CD changed to 4s and only removes 2 debuffs OR remove obsolete mechanics like UA and VT dispel protection (still need to address dispelling ice nova and sitting a full poly until dispel is back up).
  • CD stacking needs to be toned down, similar to how Reck and Inner Rage couldn't be used at the same time (they also need to look at Tailoring/Engineering profession procs/onuse, maybe consider disabling their use in arena similar to how rocket boots were disabled after s5 and adding a static enchant on par with the other professions, think 200 stats to cape instead of a 1k proc chance). Racial stacking (berserking/bloodrage) also needs to be looked at.
  • Abilities that break CC (act as a second trinket) need to be toned down or removed completely (Unbound Will), I have no problem with a rogue pre-emptively cloaking a fear or a mage using Iceblock to break out of CC as that is a trade-off. Mashing IBF as soon as you see a red box in the middle of your screen is not an complex decision (Berserker rage might need to be looked at and given the Lichborne treatment where you are susceptible to another form of CC for the duration).
  • Stealth abilities such as spectral guise, hunter camo (glyphed) and (ghost wolf with Symb) should be nerfed in duration or disabled completely in arena.
  • Symbiosis should be disabled in arena (and possibly grant the druid a static buff if used on themselves as not to lose their level 87 spell).
  • Hit & Expertise are gone in WoD, no complaints there.
  • MS abilities such as nerve-strike should be completely removed or have that component removed, the only spells granting MS should be Mortal Strike, Aimed Shot (or a reworked Widow's Venom that is less clunky to use) & Wound Poison.
  • With the removal of shield/stance requirements for spell reflect and shield wall, die by the sword needs to have its duration shortened (not sure if they are removing parry in WoD if so this spell will need to be reworked/removed anyway).
  • Mass spell reflect and Interrupting shout should act as a replacement spell for spell reflect & pummel.
  • Bladestorm should be disarmable again.
  • Fearward should be undispellable.
  • Hunter deadzone re-implemented or added to all spells except Steady/Cobra Shot, Scatter and Counter/Silencing shot.
  • Spammable CC such as Poly/Fear/Cyclone should be given a static cast time and not affected by stupid shit like Soul of the Forest or 100000 haste, no need for a CD.
Rogue specific changes;

These changes are more for rogues only but may indirectly help other classes out;
  • Tricks of the trade damage bonus completely removed.
  • Subterfuge reworked so that you can still use openers but are visible (various tier-bonuses have given similar effects for certain spells like Ambush).
  • Nerve strike scrapped and replaced with something else.
  • Leeching poison redesigned so it doesn't clash with other utility poisons.
  • Paralytic poison completely removed and replaced by another talent.
  • Cloak and Dagger redesigned or completely removed and replaced by another talent that helps with mobility without causing stupid shit like 40yd cheapshots on the entire team (maybe something like sprint cd lowered 10s and breaks roots).
  • They also need to reorganise the talent tree so you don't have talents in one tier that completely nullify another choice in a separate tier.
Instant CC definitely needs to be toned down but I have no idea how barring a complete revamp of a huge number of spells which is very unlikely and even then you'd have to look at removing some of the interrupts granted to hybrids over the years (and the pve ramifications) to promote casters actually casting.

#17 Pawzz

Pawzz
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery
  • LocationAustria

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:55 AM

Less CC.... less interrupts... less stuns, not talking 5 sec stuns, im pissed at those random 1 second stuns, because every class has 10 stuns and everybody just smashes their keyboard throwing them all out at random points...

#18 Luminant

Luminant
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1778
  • 3v3: 2550

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:57 AM

To rewind to wotlk and nerf spellcleave

#19 sounds

sounds
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:00 AM

Also wouldn't mind if they made the default arena frames a bit better.

Like adding a trinket status indicator to the right hand side, left/right click functionality to target/focus and the ability to reposition and resize without 3rd party addons.

#20 Luminant

Luminant
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1778
  • 3v3: 2550

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:14 AM

View Postdj_abdullah, on 03 December 2013 - 02:00 AM, said:

Also wouldn't mind if they made the default arena frames a bit better.

Like adding a trinket status indicator to the right hand side, left/right click functionality to target/focus and the ability to reposition and resize without 3rd party addons.
this needs to happen

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pvp, requirement, rating, shoulder, tier 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<