Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 21:19. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Season Three Arena Title Calculator

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#81 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:46 PM

Chances are we are underestimating how many glads there are, but even in your example Morcan it only results in ~7 more gladiators. the spread in rating in the cutoff area for that many teams maybe only be about 5 rating, so our approximation still gives you a close estimate to what rating you need to get gladiator.

Also, there has been some talk that the in game ratings are inaccurate for the lower end, but since we have no way to confirm, we just have to go with our highest method and hope for the best. Hopefully next season they will have ingame always be accurate.

#82 Supermassive

Supermassive

Posted 22 June 2008 - 08:27 PM

Tyveris, I was wondering if you could explain the inaccuracies of the Season 2 estimations compared to Season 2 Hall of Fame? The Season 2 Title Calculator stated the rank to hit Gladiator was 112, yet the Hall of Fame cut off was only at 94 (While the rating cutoff was almost spot on). Can we expect this to happen in Season 3 and what was the reason for this inaccuracy?

#83 Crackslapper

Crackslapper
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 22 June 2008 - 08:41 PM

Tyveris, I was wondering if you could explain the inaccuracies of the Season 2 estimations compared to Season 2 Hall of Fame? The Season 2 Title Calculator stated the rank to hit Gladiator was 112, yet the Hall of Fame cut off was only at 94 (While the rating cutoff was almost spot on). Can we expect this to happen in Season 3 and what was the reason for this inaccuracy?

I believe it's due to a lot of teams not showing up in the hall of fame due to one reason or another.

#84 Nexer

Nexer
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Twisting Nether
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 22 June 2008 - 09:09 PM

i got caught up in PVE with my warrior and stopped caring...i think i might end up vengeful duelist nexer....ha....cut off is 2189 so far so ya never kno

#85 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies

Posted 22 June 2008 - 09:35 PM

It differs per BG because it is just an estimation. I recommend going by the rating and not the rank required as that ended up incredibly close (either equal to or within a couple points).

I cannot tell you definitely what the gladiator cutoff is, but I can present you with some numbers that hopefully give you an idea where you stand.

#86 Invaderzz

Invaderzz
  • Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:08 PM

So, Tyveris, is there a chance on some of the bigger battlegroups(reckoning) that there could end up being ALOT more than the caculator predicted?

#87 Hellth

Hellth
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Shadowmoon
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:42 AM

i'm looking at vindication's lowest rated team and they are like ranked 17845, is this with the inactive teams, is it an error or is it something else?

-looked at the guy a post below me and knew a better example of this http://www.wowarmory...Your Boots&fl=1

Been like that for a while now

Edited by Hellth, 23 June 2008 - 10:29 AM.

#88 Top

• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:58 AM

The reason for the season 2 hall of fame inaccuracies is due to the fact that teams who played during the 1st 1.5 days of season 3 had their team ratings reset before blizzard took the screen shots for hall of fame.

example: my season 2 team, 2500 rating, we played day 1 of season 3 under the same team roster, went up to 18xx the 1st day, I checked the armory, it showed teams who didnt play with their old s2 rating, and teams who did play at their new s3 rating which make them not show up on the hall of fame.

this is why there are less teams on the season 2 hall of fame than there should be and this is why you should not follow the old "less teams made glad in s2 than expected"

the more you know

#89 MoreQQ

MoreQQ
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Neptulon
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 23 June 2008 - 07:04 AM

Ok so, hello from me!

The question will obviously go towards Tyveris since he's the only of us writers here with a clue :P

So, i checked my battlegroup's lowest 2v2, it has a hunter named Faraleth in it.

When i enter his character pane, and i mouseover his 2v2 team, it says "Last Week Rank 31282".

Now, should we consider that's the actual active number of teams, or if it aint, wth it is then?!

*EDIT
I just checked: http://eu.wowarmory....ade&n=Alberichh , he has the 4978th team in Rampage, a mouseover on his 2v2 shows "Last week's rank" of 2012.

Edited by MoreQQ, 23 June 2008 - 07:11 AM.

#90 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies

Posted 23 June 2008 - 02:17 PM

If those ranks are correct, you could consider it to be the number of inactive teams, but we don't know if they are. I've found two teams adjacent to each other on the armory both in the 4700s with hover over ranks of 3200 and 900. It just doesn't make any sense.

All I can say is we have the lowest rank we have seen throughout the course of the season. This rank that we found was almost certainly before any inactive altering If 50% is approximately right, this should get you close to the right amount of teams. If you can find additional info about your BG, use it as you see fit.

#91 Nosed

Nosed
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:21 AM

!The ranking facts are only for Blackout BG!
Okay! so me(the mighty Nosed) and Deson have done a little research and we talked to some GM's and got two different answers about how the in game arena system ranking works.

Anyways heres what Deson got:
http://img174.images...08024311wl9.jpg
And heres what I got:
http://img381.images...5uc0ftmpgl7.jpg and heres my answer on this :
http://img372.images...08025434jg8.jpg

(PS if you think mine are fake or too messy i got more ones i can put out but the others are abit too messy and this sums up my conversation with him in what you need to know)So apparently they are not allowed to talk about this.

But the guy i talked to did and confirmed what we thought. Now what you can wonder if its true but logically it would be wouldn't it?
Deson asked a guy whom had 1200 rating what his team rating was. it was 20kish above that and if now the in game ranking remove inactive teams that means there are at least 20k active teams not 14500 as AJ says.

So now if this all is right that means in at least blackout bg there will be alot more gladiators.

So lets say there is 20k teams active (and thats lower then it will be) that means that 0.5% of 20k is 100 so that means atleast 100 will get rank in 3v3 in blackout

Edited by Nosed, 24 June 2008 - 01:25 AM.

#92 Crackslapper

Crackslapper
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 24 June 2008 - 04:57 AM

Never trust GMs. They should put that tip on the loading screen.

#93 MoreQQ

MoreQQ
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Neptulon
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 24 June 2008 - 05:17 AM

Never trust GMs. They should put that tip on the loading screen.

QFT.

And anyways, a matter of hours in both EU and US. So we might aswell just wait and see if Tyveris was right once more!

#94 Berzerker55

Berzerker55
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:26 AM

can someone tell me which mods this guys using?

http://img174.images...08024311wl9.jpg

#95 Deson

Deson
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 24 June 2008 - 11:29 AM

Like my UI do you? :P

Its a pack from Curse that i modified. Not sure about the exact addons and cba checking. So many :eek:

#96 Catoblepas

Catoblepas

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:06 PM

3v3 was such a damn joke in Blackout, we played 3 times and farmed ecerything in sight. Could have been amazing luck tho :P
Mage killer extra-ordinaire

#97 Isaaru

Isaaru
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:43 PM

Based on what most of you have said (that there will be more glads than AJ suggests) would you suppose 2300(exactly) 2vs2 in EU-Blackout will be sufficent?
emow.

#98 Militus

Militus
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Dragonblight
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:37 PM

Yea, I'd say your safe.

3v3 was such a damn joke in Blackout, we played 3 times and farmed ecerything in sight. Could have been amazing luck tho :P

No, you just have m4dskeelzz!!

#99 Nosed

Nosed
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 24 June 2008 - 04:35 PM

haha yeah, way to go druid/warrior/rogue xD!
:warlock:[email protected]

#100 Berzerker55

Berzerker55
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 24 June 2008 - 05:14 PM

so im exactly on the cut off, it says rank 45, 2243 is the cut off rating and i am rank 45 with 2243 rating does that mean i will get it or that i just missed it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users