Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 21:19. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Season Three Arena Title Calculator

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#61 Maxiimus

Maxiimus
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Bloodscalp
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 18 June 2008 - 02:36 PM

So many people are sitting on their teams this season that I don't think the cutoff is going to be raised too much these last few days. I queued the last 2 days between 2200-2300 and there was seriously about 5 different teams queueing.

I'm sure some of these people will get nervous the last few days and play but it's just retarded getting 22 point losses and 10 point wins on the last week.

#62 Zanny

Zanny
  • Xanny
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Agamaggan
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:03 PM

So many people are sitting on their teams this season that I don't think the cutoff is going to be raised too much these last few days. I queued the last 2 days between 2200-2300 and there was seriously about 5 different teams queueing.

I'm sure some of these people will get nervous the last few days and play but it's just retarded getting 22 point losses and 10 point wins on the last week.

I hope this is the case, my druids r / l / d at 2290 prolly wont be able 2 play and i hope that gets the title
Dont flame me I burn easily.

#63 Maxiimus

Maxiimus
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Bloodscalp
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 18 June 2008 - 07:38 PM

So cyclone was updated today at 4:34 PM and the gladiator cutoff is lower than yesterday. Right now it says 2227 it was ~2250 yesterday. Is this because a lower team was found? Or is there more inactive teams now?

#64 Iluwen

Iluwen
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Forscherliga
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 18 June 2008 - 07:44 PM

Well, we did a research for our Realmpool (Hinterhalt). According to the lowest ranked teams that we found ingame (there will be even lower ones) we will have about 25-30% more Gladiators than what the AJ-cutoff says...very interesting. Last season it was kind of the same.
I Think there should be MORE titles this season b/c more people play arena.

#65 Shore

Shore
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Suramar
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:33 PM

So cyclone was updated today at 4:34 PM and the gladiator cutoff is lower than yesterday. Right now it says 2227 it was ~2250 yesterday. Is this because a lower team was found? Or is there more inactive teams now?

That's what I'm currently showing for Cyclone, are you seeing a different number?

Edit: Also, Bloodlust right under your personal BG is at 2227, are you sure you weren't looking at that?

Edited by Shore, 18 June 2008 - 10:37 PM.
Addition

#66 Undeadwoman

Undeadwoman
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 19 June 2008 - 09:44 AM

I'm a bit puzzled about the EU-Rampage 2v2 situation.

We're having 116 glads with an 2312 cutoff, and 23202 active teams

If I look at any other BG anywhere in the world that has 100+ glads (and a large number of teams, it seems most big BGs are swinging around 25k teams), the cutoff is significantly lower, all in the 2200's. I'm not seeing anything special in the lowest team ranking or anything either.

Why does my BG have, by far, the highest required rating, compared to other similar sized BGs?

If it matters, Eu-Rampage is considered second or third most competitive BG, after Cyclone.

I'm no mathematician but something strikes me as odd.

#67 taca

taca
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2

Posted 19 June 2008 - 12:43 PM

this is also annoying me -,- how can it be so high -,,,,,-, i dont even know if we can stop now at 2325 rating or no , just stupid , cba to play more :(

#68 Maxiimus

Maxiimus
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Bloodscalp
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 19 June 2008 - 05:26 PM

It updated when I refreshed it later yesterday. It just seems a little weird that I'm getting 3+ minute queues on my druid at 2200+ on the last week. There must be a lot of people that will start playing now that its up to 2266 on cyclone.

I always looked forward to the last week because everyone queues and you don't play the same team over and over again. Certain combos have to rely on diverse teams queueing. At least from my experience with shaman/warrior we can't consistently beat competent lock/priest or mage/rogues. Just lost 20+ points per game while trying to dodge these teams yesterday. :)

#69 threne

threne
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 20 June 2008 - 06:47 AM

It updated when I refreshed it later yesterday. It just seems a little weird that I'm getting 3+ minute queues on my druid at 2200+ on the last week. There must be a lot of people that will start playing now that its up to 2266 on cyclone.

I always looked forward to the last week because everyone queues and you don't play the same team over and over again. Certain combos have to rely on diverse teams queueing. At least from my experience with shaman/warrior we can't consistently beat competent lock/priest or mage/rogues. Just lost 20+ points per game while trying to dodge these teams yesterday. :)

kyro says to stop yelling at him in arenas.

#70 Top

• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 20 June 2008 - 07:18 AM

whats the deal with the team ranking on the site here being totally off for the teams ranking on the armory?

I'll use 3v3 on bloodlust for an example but it's like this for a lot of the brackets across all BGs.

According to AJ lowest 3v3 is 31989 rank but the armory shows that team as 20087 rank. This will change the calculation for gladiator significantly.

#71 Crackslapper

Crackslapper
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:11 AM

Blizzard's numbers are relatively flawed since their ingame rank, armory rank, and even the lowest players ranks don't even seem to be consistent.

#72 Depredadorr

Depredadorr

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:00 AM

true xD

#73 Morcan

Morcan
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Die Todeskrallen
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:22 PM

Yeah, pretty funny stuff.

I asked some gms if the ingame ranking is correct, and received three totally different answers towards this question:

First Gm said "Yes, that’s true; the inactive teams do not count towards your ingame ranking."
Second one said "No, unfortunately the ingame ranking includes the inactive teams as well" and the last one mentioned that gms do not have any information about that issue.

Weird, isn't it?

Another interesting thing is that I know the so called lowest team of my realmpool. And for both possibilities, whether the inactive teams are taken into account or not, their ingame ranking shows a huge difference to what the calculator says for them. It’s not even close. That would properly mean, that we will see a significantly in- or decrease in the real cut-offs.

Correct me, if I’m wrong.

Edited by Morcan, 20 June 2008 - 01:47 PM.

#74 Nosed

Nosed
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 20 June 2008 - 01:19 PM

we're on 2233 in 3vs3, blackout BG. according to Arenajunkies we got gladiator rank? Shall we stop or continue =o? *Scared*

#75 Naamari

Naamari
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 20 June 2008 - 01:31 PM

Yeah, pretty funny stuff.

I asked some gms if the ingame ranking is correct, and received three totally different answers towards this question:

First Gm said "Yes, that’s true; the inactive teams do not count towards your ingame ranking."
Second one said "No, unfortunately the in game ranking includes the inactive teams as well" and the last one mentioned that gms do not have any information about that issue.

Weird, isn't it?

Another interesting thing is that I know the so called lowest team of my realmpool. And for both possibilities, whether the inactive teams are taken into account or not, their ingameranking shows a huge difference to what the calculator says for them. It’s not even close. That would properly mean, that we will see a significantly in- or decrease in the real cut-offs.

Correct me, if I’m wrong.

I asked a GM about inactive teams aswell. He probably had no damn clue what I was even talking about.. he didn't even give an answer, wouldn't trust what they say haha :D

#76 Maxiimus

Maxiimus
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Bloodscalp
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 20 June 2008 - 02:40 PM

kyro says to stop yelling at him in arenas.

But it's so easy to blame a resto shammy :(. Especially when he gets rofflestomped by a mage/rogue while I'm sheeped :).

#77 Theradur

Theradur
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 21 June 2008 - 07:04 AM

I got 2295 rating on misery which is 40 rating above the rating needed for gladiator, we're rank 16 and glad should be r22 according to calculator.

Yet i'm wondering, how accurate is the arena calculator? and are there more 5v5 teams playing in s3 than there were in s2? in S2 you got glad if you were rank 19 on misery so..

#78 Satanic

Satanic
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 21 June 2008 - 01:58 PM

So what rating do i need to get to get Gladiator on Tichy serveR?/bloodlust

#79 Morcan

Morcan
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Die Todeskrallen
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 22 June 2008 - 12:18 AM

Somekind of additional information to my post above:

I checked the armory this wednesday. Indeed, my ingame ranking was 2 ranks higher than my armory ranking was. I have taken a closer look an I found out that there were exactly two inactive teams in the armory above of mine.
Also my 5v5-team with only 10 games done this season is marked ingame with a ranking of zero. Obviously, it is not taken into account, becouse we did less than 20 games.
All of this observations make me pretty confident: Ingame ranking is the correct one. The owner of the uploadet lowest team of "glutsturm" is a friend of mine and his team is an active one. With an ingame ranking of
~29000 we will see a huge inaccuracy in this seasons calculator, becouse it will end up in a lot of more gladiators, than the calculator presumes.

#80 Bigornot

Bigornot
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Maelstrom
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:54 AM

Morcan, I think I understand where you're coming from and I agree there will be a lot more than on the calculator. I really think the calculator is wrong for 2v2 on my BG.. it has said 50,630 teams since just a few weeks into s3.. so I believe there's more teams. The rating required for it is skyrocketing and last season it predicted 2270 something, but there's so many more teams than on the calculator that it was actually 2254 (confirmed by hall of fame). SO I suspect it's more like 2240 right now, which would be nice. We would be ~2300 but we lose to every priest/rogue team.. just takes some luck.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users