• Talents: Assassination

Posted 15 June 2008 - 02:10 AM

TYV YOUA MONSTER.

Thx for the effort. +REP THIS MAN UP.

#22 Soulja

Soulja
  • Junkies

Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:45 AM

Can we expect the Gladiator cutoff rating to be lower than last seasons or higher?

#23 Frostblok

Frostblok
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 15 June 2008 - 09:10 AM

So is it me or are the cutoffs alot lower then the last 2 seasons?? I mean i have a 2207 3v3 and already we're 65 points above cutoff for glad... I know that we should expect about a 100 point jump thats why the last week we're pushing for 2300 to be safe but i just think Blizz is trying to include more teams this season. any thoughts?
If ever I'm about to be in a horrible car crash I will scream "ICEBLOCK" really loud and hopefully something will happen...if not at least the people I'm with will think about how weird that was and not their impending doom. :mage:

#24 Sabottage

Sabottage
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 15 June 2008 - 09:14 AM

So is it me or are the cutoffs alot lower then the last 2 seasons?? I mean i have a 2207 3v3 and already we're 65 points above cutoff for glad... I know that we should expect about a 100 point jump thats why the last week we're pushing for 2300 to be safe but i just think Blizz is trying to include more teams this season. any thoughts?

it has always been 0.5% of the teams

#25 Vander

Vander
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 15 June 2008 - 09:21 AM

Looking at the numbers I'd say there are 40% more active teams playing in average, so the cutoff will go down alot..

#26 Crackslapper

Crackslapper
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 15 June 2008 - 09:32 AM

You could ask the lowest rated teams of each BG to tell you their last weeks rank which I believe is accurate as to the number of active teams playing.

#27 Swipe

Swipe
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 15 June 2008 - 11:19 AM

Looking at the numbers I'd say there are 40% more active teams playing in average, so the cutoff will go down alot..

Compared to S2 cutoff, S3 should be lower across the board, ya?

#28 Swipe

Swipe
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 15 June 2008 - 11:20 AM

Can we expect the Gladiator cutoff rating to be lower than last seasons or higher?

^

#29 Vander

Vander
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 15 June 2008 - 11:35 AM

Compared to S2 cutoff, S3 should be lower across the board, ya?

yes

#30 Saery

Saery
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 15 June 2008 - 12:03 PM

Awesome work!

But I don'tunderstand one thing: On my BG there is less then 5k 5v5 teams, so you can check the armory ladder for lowest team, which is

http://eu.wowarmory....ct=Fanskap&fl=1

Armory says they have rank 4703, while your calculator says the same team got rank 4006 (or 4006 teams in total, should mean the same thing, right?) :confused:

#31 Weber

Weber

Posted 15 June 2008 - 07:11 PM

The cutoffs seem to be significantly lower than for the 2 previous seasons, what would be the explanation for that? Could we expect the data to change in the next 2 weeks?

Numbers went up a BOATLOAD while skill didnt. grats humans being bad at games

#32 Isotope

Isotope
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 15 June 2008 - 07:13 PM

Awesome work!

But I don'tunderstand one thing: On my BG there is less then 5k 5v5 teams, so you can check the armory ladder for lowest team, which is

Armory says they have rank 4703, while your calculator says the same team got rank 4006 (or 4006 teams in total, should mean the same thing, right?) :confused:

If you go to those same players' individual armories their rank is 1590. I think that might accurately reflect the number of active teams for everyone. I pointed the same thing out in this thread:

http://www.arenajunk...ead.php?t=25909

I'm not totally sure that's correct though, but if so the estimated numbers are off pretty universally, but also wouldn't even be needed.

#33 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies

Posted 15 June 2008 - 07:39 PM

Awesome work!

I'll update it.

#34 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies

Posted 15 June 2008 - 07:39 PM

If you go to those same players' individual armories their rank is 1590. I think that might accurately reflect the number of active teams for everyone. I pointed the same thing out in this thread:

http://www.arenajunk...ead.php?t=25909

I'm not totally sure that's correct though, but if so the estimated numbers are off pretty universally, but also wouldn't even be needed.

They aren't right. I checked Emberstorm 5v5, the last two teams 4631 and 4632 have ranks of:

Ranking 3306: http://www.wowarmory...anted Ones&fl=1
Ranking 995: http://www.wowarmory...e soldiers&fl=1

Something is bugged with the armory page ranking.

#35 Kazin

Kazin
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 15 June 2008 - 11:55 PM

So do in-game ranks still take inactive teams into account?

I have a friend on Shadowburn whose in-game rank was ~39000th last week. If that takes inactives into account, than Shadowburn is going to have a LOT of people qualifying in 2v2 this season.

#36 Naamari

Naamari
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 16 June 2008 - 12:02 AM

So do in-game ranks still take inactive teams into account?

I have a friend on Shadowburn whose in-game rank was ~39000th last week. If that takes inactives into account, than Shadowburn is going to have a LOT of people qualifying in 2v2 this season.

Same thing on EU-Blackout, there's a team whose rank in game was 40500. Anyone got an idea whats going on? :P

#37 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies

Posted 16 June 2008 - 12:08 AM

Same thing on EU-Blackout, there's a team whose rank in game was 40500. Anyone got an idea whats going on? :P

I'll try and kick an email to Blizzard to see if that gets us anything.

#38 Crackslapper

Crackslapper
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 16 June 2008 - 01:36 AM

I still don't understand the num glads compared to the glad rank. It says on my BG you have to be rank 133rd, but the number of gladiator teams will be 125 meaning 8 are not included. If 133rd rank is what you have to achieve including all the inactives, then it should be half of that if you only count the actives.

#39 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies

Posted 16 June 2008 - 01:51 AM

I still don't understand the num glads compared to the glad rank. It says on my BG you have to be rank 133rd, but the number of gladiator teams will be 125 meaning 8 are not included. If 133rd rank is what you have to achieve including all the inactives, then it should be half of that if you only count the actives.

In the top 133 teams, there are 8 that are inactive. 133rd is the 125th active team. That inactive and rating data comes from scraping the armroy and checkign to see if teams are active.

#40 Crackslapper

Crackslapper
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:40 AM

In the top 133 teams, there are 8 that are inactive. 133rd is the 125th active team. That inactive and rating data comes from scraping the armroy and checkign to see if teams are active.

So wouldn't that mean 8 more people would get glad that are out of the 133 top?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<