• Curse Sites
Help

how do you deal with CC as holy priest in 3s?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Mindllapse

Mindllapse
  • Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:07 AM

I can only LoS so much before I have to expose myself to get fears off or to get in some more healing, and I just get CC'd to hell. I play hpriest/hunter/warrior and sometimes hpriest/hunter/rogue and it feels like all our CC is easily breakable by other teams that have non-priest healers and I can't break anything once I get CC chained (I'm not undead either)

how do I deal with this?

#2 Xerox

Xerox
  • Members
  • LocationDubai

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:42 AM

reroll druid/shaman
Posted Image

#3 Mindllapse

Mindllapse
  • Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:22 PM

View PostXerox, on 28 November 2013 - 09:42 AM, said:

reroll druid/shaman

aren't you clever

#4 Bosque

Bosque
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravenholdt
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/1/0/1/2

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:36 PM

well just dodge as much cc as posible. and make sure your team goes defensive when u start getting cc chained.
I might get abit of hate on this but fearing isnt really that important playing kfc. hunter has amazing cc and warrior can not only cc but also has his own fear!
use fear defensivly instead and dont try to position yourself weirdly just so u can get a drd fear.
also most cc is very easily avoidable.
blind,trap,poly and disorientate are just spells you can death alone. but in the end you are gonna get ccd one way or another and thats when you really gonna need your team8s to step up and help you out.
try to get the hunter to silence shot the 2nd fear, or make the warrior shockwave the 2nd cc so you can run away and position yourself better.

#5 samppax

samppax
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2083
  • 3v3: 2375
  • RBG: 1909

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:08 AM

View PostBosque, on 28 November 2013 - 08:36 PM, said:

well just dodge as much cc as posible. and make sure your team goes defensive when u start getting cc chained.
I might get abit of hate on this but fearing isnt really that important playing kfc. hunter has amazing cc and warrior can not only cc but also has his own fear!
use fear defensivly instead and dont try to position yourself weirdly just so u can get a drd fear.

blind,trap,poly and disorientate are just spells you can death alone. but in the end you are gonna get ccd one way or another and thats when you really gonna need your team8s to step up and help you out.
try to get the hunter to silence shot the 2nd fear, or make the warrior shockwave the 2nd cc so you can run away and position yourself better.
just this

#6 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:32 AM

View PostMindllapse, on 28 November 2013 - 08:07 AM, said:

I can only LoS so much before I have to expose myself to get fears off or to get in some more healing, and I just get CC'd to hell. I play hpriest/hunter/warrior and sometimes hpriest/hunter/rogue and it feels like all our CC is easily breakable by other teams that have non-priest healers and I can't break anything once I get CC chained (I'm not undead either)

how do I deal with this?
That is unfortunately the situation at the moment. There has already been a discussion about this, you can read it here:
http://www.arenajunk...e/#entry3958307

Also read follow up posts etc.

#7 zenton

zenton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:46 PM

Using Sguise and Glyph of SW: Death and also precast MD (situationally) helps alot. But as in every 3v3 comp, stopping CC chains is as your as also your team mates job (this is one thing that separates good teams from bad teams. If long cc chains happen all the time your team members are doing something wrong and need to be aware of how to break those chains effectively).

#8 Seu

Seu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:16 AM

View PostBosque, on 28 November 2013 - 08:36 PM, said:

blind,trap,poly and disorientate are just spells you can death alone. but in the end you are gonna get ccd one way or another and thats

u can avoid cc with death but saying its "easily avoidable" is a joke, especially at higher ratings

right now im playing rat league with trade teams and i get a lot of deaths off on cc just by having good positioning, but at higher rating or when we play against real players they will not let you get a swd off

good hunters will either juke death or generally just silence first
good kfc will stormbolt into trap every time
good mages will deep into poly, lots of mages even imp cs me into pom poly to be safe
good teams will make 100% sure a priest gets full cc'd without giving them the option to swd because they know its worth it as his team is fucked as soon as he goes into a cc chain.

you can "waste" abilities to ensure a priest gets ccd that you would't want to waste against other healers, as priest teams are easier to kill once the priest is in cc.

#9 Ecnad

Ecnad
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Proudmoore
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow
  • LocationWA

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:40 AM

omg seu are you playin again

#10 Seu

Seu