• Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1981
  • 3v3: 2707
  • RBG: 192

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:58 PM

I know there are similiar topics on this, but I've given some thought to changes I'd like to see. I hope I don't come off as too biased, as I'm playing SP myself.

I'm interested in hearing your opinion on these changes:
  • Void Tendrils baseline (giving SP a consistent opportunity of gaining some distance)
  • Talent replacing it removing the orb requirement of Psychic Horror (But only giving the ability the duration of the equviliant of 2orbs)
  • Glyph of Inner Fire reworked to give a 10% dmg reduction when you get hit (Similiar to Shamans Lightning Shield glyph - Removing Glyph of Fade (Will also allow people to go Phantasm without interests overlapping)
  • Feathers increasing run speed by 60% instead of 80%, It's abit over the top and will allow speccing Phantasm again, which combined with Void Tendrils will give SP's a hint of mobility..
  • Devouring Plague dealing damage evenly over time instead of the big upfront burst. Reasons behind this being the changes mentioned above would give SP's abit more breathing room. If our burst is left untouched we'd be super op again.
  • PoM nerf reverted so we can actually do the support we're designed to do.
These (or some of these atleast) changes would, in my opinion, together with the inc warr nerf to intervene, make shadowpriest a relevant force in arena once again.

Hope to get a good discussion going on the topic.

Note: There'd probably have to be some damage reduction tweaking as our damage can still be dumb high if we're allowed to get it off.
twitch.tv/hudderr

#2 Voksen

Voksen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:25 AM

Thats a nice list of suggestions.  But I'm not a fan of reworking directly how we give or take damge per se.
All we need is a little boost to utility.  Maybe with the new change of pvp ownership we'll see some improvements to the overall state of the game.

Spoiler

1.) Increase VT dispel protection.

Spriests provide some of the lowest damage-over-time effects in the game right now.  The ratio of dot dmg to other dmg is the lowest its been ever for spriests across any season.  Hunters outheal our dots and melee bleeds rule the dot scene.  VT dmg needs a buff but so does its dispel protection.  

Rationale:
  • Dispel protection as a mechanic in general, was classically about midgame utility:  it would protect your momentum somewhat, and synergize less with powerful openers or low hp finishers.  Think shadow weaving, oldschool polymorph covering, etc.
  • Dispel protection is about trading "tempo" http://en.wikipedia....i/Tempo_(chess), you force the dispeller into a decision that involves trading time/position/momentum in exchange for your activation plans.
Suggestions for a quick hotfix to VT. One of the following would probably suffice:
  • Add an instant mana burn effect, (I'd love to see energy/rage/combopts/procs burn mechanics but w/e), or;
  • Add a kind of absorb/reflect/immune buff to spriest giving them a mini bop or freedom or reflect for the next attack, or;
  • debuff haste or dmg or buff sp haste or dmg for 1-2 sec (i like haste since it lets you do things other than dmg).
  • Make the burn or buff or w/e effect baseline -- it won't affect PvE.
  • 4pc pvp bonus should increase VT dmg by 5% along with the horror effect -- again this won't decalibrate PvE.
2.) One of our glyph mechanics becomes baseline.

Then you make a new glyph in its place.  e.g. fade glyph that removes snares like novas/poisons.
That frees up a glyph slot to augment our utility based on the fight.  Masdispels, better hots/shields, or cc breaks (swd), or more tankiness...something about our glyphs should be baseline so we can have more utility.

So bring back ONE of our staple utility features as baseline and not a glyph, open that slot up and rework whichever glyph you give to us as baseline.

Edited by Voksen, 28 November 2013 - 07:38 AM.

#3 Samyh

Samyh

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:32 AM

buff warriors

#4 Virent

Virent
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2132
  • 3v3: 2317
  • RBG: 1827
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:29 AM

View PostVoksen, on 28 November 2013 - 07:25 AM, said:

1.) Increase VT dispel protection.

Would buffing something that you get to cast roughly 5 times per arena match even be worth it?
Posted Image

#5 Xerox

Xerox
  • Members
  • LocationDubai

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:41 AM

I will never understand why I have to waste orbs on psychic horror, it was such an unnecessary change.
Posted Image

#6 Hudderr

Hudderr
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:54 PM

I don't think theres necesarrily anything wrong with the dispel protection. In my opinion it's about what the dots represent. Having mana regen based around dot uptime whilst at the same time not getting dots out, seems unreasonably hard compared to other wizards.

I can't think of any class having mana issues anywhere near shadows atm. I think going back to the SW:D giving mana on use is a way to go, as we now currently have about 0 control of our own mana regen.
twitch.tv/hudderr

#7 catastrophiq1

catastrophiq1
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1484
  • 3v3: 2676
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1839

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:09 PM

View PostSamyh, on 28 November 2013 - 07:32 AM, said:

buff warriors
I have to agree, needs more interrupts and self heals imo

Edited by catastrophiq1, 28 November 2013 - 07:31 PM.

#8 Gaates

Gaates
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/1/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1877
  • 3v3: 1809

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:53 PM

Reduce the amount of interrupts in the game.
Increase the viability of casting for more specs/decrease the viability of instants for more specs.
Reduce Melee mobility.

Shadow is good again.
Mana Burn on VT Dispel is an amazing idea.

Highest Achieved Rating (3v3): 2222
Highest Achieved Rating (2v2): 2040

#9 Exumbra

Exumbra
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Durotan
  • Ruin
  • 2v2: 1728
  • RBG: 2012

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:24 PM

Casting during dispersion.
Revert to old fade where you were untargetable.
VT mana burns on dispel or GIVES BACK MANA ON DISPEL.
Inner fire + inner sanctum one glyph
Passive resil buff on shadow form to increase damage reduction by 15%.

In the past as shadow, you always wanted to be trained. You were the "tankiest" and it would benefit your partners insanely as you knew you would never die. Before I could fade a deep (pre nerf and post nerf) and be perfectly fine with my healer in CC. Now it seems all hell has broke lose every deep and I'm struggling to survive that or the pain train i'm getting from behind. We sacrificed mobility and get away spells to be caster tank.

In regards to warriors: They overbuffed warriors mobility to combat mages which was their hardest counter. This change essentially over fucked us so badly they don't even look at mages anymore unless they have to.  Shadow priests are a rare treat to verse in arena :X. fuck warriors.

#10 Isumi

Isumi
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2123
  • 3v3: 2847
  • 5v5: 1620
  • RBG: 2188

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:39 PM

with those changes shadow would be way to overpowered.

I also would like to disarm without using orbs for it, but comps like rps would smash healers even more with this change and they already kill healers pretty easy.
I think the phantasm talent should be baseline, that would be the biggest buff for our mobility if we can sprint a few seconds with freedom.
Glyph of dispersion should lower the cd by 45sec or smth (like cata) and shadow priest would be fine again.

Don't forget that the biggest buffs for shadows are nerfs of warriors which will hopefully come soon.

Increasing dot dmg would be pretty nice, too.

edit: remove things like goat debuff, mind numbing etc.

Edited by Isumi, 28 November 2013 - 08:45 PM.

#11 Exumbra

Exumbra
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Durotan
  • Ruin
  • 2v2: 1728
  • RBG: 2012

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:16 PM

View PostIsumi, on 28 November 2013 - 08:39 PM, said:

edit: remove things like goat debuff, mind numbing etc.

+rep for this

#12 Lurtex

Lurtex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/0/1/0/0
  • 3v3: 2986
  • 5v5: 2606
  • RBG: 2620

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:44 PM

Replace both PvP set bonus, the worst PvP bonuses i've ever seen.
Make PvP set 4 bonus baseline and replace it with free Psychic Horror.

#13 Hiiwa

Hiiwa
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1751

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:05 AM

I and many other SPs made a similar topic ages ago when they first announced SPs will get dick drilled next patch.
Guess What?

Posted Image

#14 Korzul

Korzul
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Doomhammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2315
  • 3v3: 2744
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1151

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:20 AM

Might as well make VT instant cast till the next xpac, would ofc be OP as fuck so should put them around the same level as LSD and mages.

#15 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2140
  • 3v3: 2447
  • RBG: 960

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:03 AM

Should be able to Spectral Guise in CC again imo
Posted ImagePosted Image              Posted Image

#16 Hudderr

Hudderr
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:24 PM

View PostIsumi, on 28 November 2013 - 08:39 PM, said:

with those changes shadow would be way to overpowered.

I also would like to disarm without using orbs for it, but comps like rps would smash healers even more with this change and they already kill healers pretty easy.

Well, it's not like Horror isn't being used in healer swaps at the moment. Normally you'd have 3orbs ready to go, and then get a onepoint disarm at the end to secure the kill. Also note that my suggestion in the original post was to have free Horror as an alternative to Psyfiend with Tendrils being baseline.

I really enjoy the suggestion on VT dispel giving mana back, that would be great.
twitch.tv/hudderr

#17 Samyh

Samyh

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:03 PM

I don't think we're quite getting to the point here.

Realistically we're going to want to look at buffing Warriors,

And an increase in the Mind Numbing slow would most certainly be needed. If Shadow Priests get too many hard casted Mind Spikes off they would be OP.

#18 jaimex

jaimex

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:22 PM

Not being joking, I got the meta today and its nearly impossible to die. The lockdown is still a issue, and its a band aid fix that requires a month or so of work but it is so worth it.. unreal.

#19 Voksen

Voksen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:02 AM

View PostVirent, on 28 November 2013 - 09:29 AM, said:

Would buffing something that you get to cast roughly 5 times per arena match even be worth it?

Well the idea is that with synergy and coordination you can still get VTs out -- but they generally have to be chained with something else, e.g. a 1 sec disarm stun or one of your partners cds to create some breathing space.

Basically if you're making those kinds of trades, VT should count for something; more than it does now anyway.

Thinking in terms of the tempo/momentum shift decisions that dispels vs. dispel protection are supposed to be about; then yes VT dispel protection could use a buff.  But this buff prob shouldn't affect PvE or realistically hurt RBG group fights (where sps generally spam VT anyway).  Thats why I like the mana burn idea.  Mana return is already covered by VT mechanics, the idea being a dispeller could trade his own mana to remove VT thus slowing spriest procs/mana return.  Currently, as spriest you either die really fast to openers or you tend to be forced into a turtle mode for 15 minutes since with all the game's stuns/interrupts you never setup enough dips to actually offset heals and healer regen.

#20 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:25 PM

Most realistic buff they can do is :
0 Orb Psychic Horror = No horrify , just disarm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<