How are monks in PvP?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 indoblood

indoblood
  • Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:41 PM

Hello guys,

Currently I am playing on my monk which is lvl 68 now and I try to get lvl 90 as soon as possible. My Question is:
Is it worth? Because I want to play PvE and PvP, but mainly PvP.
So whats the current state of Monk in PvP and also PvE

I really like PvP, so I don't want it to be a disappointment at lvl 90.

#2 OMGitsSart

OMGitsSart
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1969
  • 3v3: 2090
  • RBG: 954
  • LocationStuttgart, Germany

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:49 AM

In PvE everything is viable, because it's the fucking center of the wow universe

In PvP Monks are alright. Far from top-tier though. Mistweaver needs to be played by an exceptional player to work, Windwalker is just replacable by anything, which will increase the comps value a lot. Both are fun as fuck to play though
LSx comps making dreams come true since S7

Read the About Me Section if you have any questions

#3 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2375
  • 3v3: 2440
  • RBG: 960

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:32 PM

Hello guys,

Currently I am playing on my monk which is lvl 68 now and I try to get lvl 90 as soon as possible. My Question is:
Is it worth? Because I want to play PvE and PvP, but mainly PvP.
So whats the current state of Monk in PvP and also PvE

I really like PvP, so I don't want it to be a disappointment at lvl 90.

Every spec is decent, I used to play Mistweaver in raids and it got quite boring so I swapped to WW and it is alot of fun

For pvp it is the most enjoyable class I have played and I have played almost every class at max level, ww has a ton of different playstyles and is the most fun spec imo

#4 Amiza

Amiza
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/0/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1519
  • 3v3: 1135
  • LocationEngland

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:27 PM

I just leveled my WW monk and must say its a lot of fun even with crap gear

would recommend you give it a whirl if you like melee.

Edited by Amiza, 25 November 2013 - 08:28 PM.

#5 Darthgnoe

Darthgnoe
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 2415
  • 3v3: 2523
  • 5v5: 2040
  • RBG: 1837

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:53 PM

why isn't wildstar out yet...

#6 Rinsletify

Rinsletify
  • Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:04 PM

Mistweaver needs to be played by an exceptional player to work, Windwalker is just replacable by anything, which will increase the comps value a lot.

This is very accurate.

#7 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Mistweaver 0/0/2/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2318
  • 3v3: 2622
  • 5v5: 2528

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:13 PM

why isn't wildstar out yet...

You are going to be heavily dissapointed if you are waiting on WS.

#8 Nomn

Nomn
  • Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:59 PM

They are very fast

#9 Nomn

Nomn
  • Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:00 PM

Monks also

#10 Shridevi

Shridevi
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1847
  • 3v3: 2218
  • 5v5: 1611
  • RBG: 2028

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:16 AM

MW is a little better than last season IMO, but still the "worst" 3s healer. There seem to be more successful MWs now, but at the same time there is no team which would prefer one, especially since rdruids are very strong right now, and there are only a few comps that we can run.

I'm really hoping gameplay will drastically change in WoD. Some of the basic mechanics Blizz did well on in terms of fun, but there are some terrible mechanics as well. We all use orbs but it shouldn't be a standard playstyle: it's awkward, sort of brainless, gets in the way of the other "better" mechanics, makes starting MW hard for new people.

Mana tea started as a reasonable mechanic but now it's way out of control. With the number of stacks generated it's basically an in-combat drink (restores mana at almost the same rate). I could see sitting the channel if it's a CD like hymn, but to do it constantly is just not good gameplay.

MWs are swapped to more often than previous seasons IMO, but I'd rather that they're easier to kill. Wise use of defensives, kiting, team play with peels are part of healing, and it seems to take out a huge chunk not being swapped on and rather sitting CC instead. Deciding to trinket or cocoon to avoid death should be more common. The typical playstyle now is more like hang back and heal, avoid CC, and keep people up while drinking mana tea. I actually enjoyed running feral/spriest a bit last season kills depended on my CC. Right now it seems a bit boring for 3s bracket.

#11 Primius

Primius
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2039
  • 3v3: 2519
  • 5v5: 1150
  • RBG: 959

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:50 PM

MW is a little better than last season IMO, but still the "worst" 3s healer. There seem to be more successful MWs now, but at the same time there is no team which would prefer one, especially since rdruids are very strong right now, and there are only a few comps that we can run.

I'm really hoping gameplay will drastically change in WoD. Some of the basic mechanics Blizz did well on in terms of fun, but there are some terrible mechanics as well. We all use orbs but it shouldn't be a standard playstyle: it's awkward, sort of brainless, gets in the way of the other "better" mechanics, makes starting MW hard for new people.

Mana tea started as a reasonable mechanic but now it's way out of control. With the number of stacks generated it's basically an in-combat drink (restores mana at almost the same rate). I could see sitting the channel if it's a CD like hymn, but to do it constantly is just not good gameplay.

MWs are swapped to more often than previous seasons IMO, but I'd rather that they're easier to kill. Wise use of defensives, kiting, team play with peels are part of healing, and it seems to take out a huge chunk not being swapped on and rather sitting CC instead. Deciding to trinket or cocoon to avoid death should be more common. The typical playstyle now is more like hang back and heal, avoid CC, and keep people up while drinking mana tea. I actually enjoyed running feral/spriest a bit last season kills depended on my CC. Right now it seems a bit boring for 3s bracket.

I don't know if I agree with this..

Monks + DPS Shaman is almost as good as RDruid + Mage. Monk + DPS Shaman is definitely more powerful then RDruid without mage.

I think MW Monks are the #2 healer in the game right now. We have the best ability to keep a team offensive with life cocoon and orb spam. Yeah the play style is pure AIDS, but that doesn't change the fact that it's extremely powerful.

Mana Tea is definitely out of control, and will more then likely be altered but that will have to come with a drastic reduction in the mana cost on our abilities, to make spirit a viable option.

Monk healing is so strong right now because of scaling. Crit is just ridiculous for us because it acts as a secondary mana regen stat.

#12 Darthgnoe

Darthgnoe
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 2415
  • 3v3: 2523
  • 5v5: 2040
  • RBG: 1837

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:52 PM

Wonder how monks will do in next season with ilvl 540 gear since WW scales so well with gear, inc 53% crit or something

#13 Kruschpak

Kruschpak
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Arthas
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration 2/2/0/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 1612
  • 3v3: 1144
  • 5v5: 2026

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:07 PM

anyone experience with mw in 5s? mostly interested as 4 dps healer

#14 Celaurthor

Celaurthor
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/0/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 766
  • 3v3: 1666
  • RBG: 1793

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:46 PM

anyone experience with mw in 5s? mostly interested as 4 dps healer

Could probably work with a dps shaman+ret for support.

Monk is the single reason I am still playing this game. Certainly the most fun I have had playing a class and have played both specs over 2300 in the last 2 seasons so they are plenty viable, just takes the right touch and decent partners.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<