Help

[Boom] Likes, Dislikes, Starsurge, and Opinion on 100 Talents

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Remote_

Remote_
  • Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:33 PM

I just want to give my opinion on boom PVP and would like to see if anyone agrees with me.

Starsurge should be redesigned. The idea is it is always instant cast, keeping its 15 second default CD. Shooting stars no longer reset the CD - instead it reduces the remaining CD by X seconds. Also, every time you enter an ecplise, the CD is instantly reset.

This would force Blizz to balance Balance instead of basing boomys around the possibility of random back-to-back starsurges. I really doubt they want to give druids the ability to cast while moving due to travel form (not that mobility matters this xpac due to all of the ranged roots and snares that melee have and can re-apply instantly) so reducing cast times seems like the only likely outcome. Pre-NV nerf, I was using CA+NV+MF spam and using insta-surges as my 'burst' vs. melee and it actually worked. The PvE 2pc bonus procs twice during CA while MF spamming (and the 2pc bonus proc can crit) so you're doing 3-stack MF damage with double procs of the PvE 2pc most likely along with starfall. Throw in the instant starsurges and the healing from NV becomes a nice "anti-burst" damage cooldown. "I burst when you burst!" Not sure how it's working after the NV 'fix' because I let my sub expire last week (just in time lol).

----

I love being a moonkin and how it looks, I love being able to throw "occasional" off heals like cenarion ward when it's needed, but I don't like the playstyle of being the healbot while waiting for starsurge procs and I can't stand having *no* decent defensives because we have the ability to use HoTs that tick less than undispellable passives that DKs/rogues/warriors get, or get to cast a ~2 second heal that heals less than the absorb of an instant cast ice barrier or priest bubble.

Moonkin form should be our 'passive' humanoid form. When you leave another form, it should put you back in moonkin form passively. It makes no sense that we have to waste so many GCDs in PvP just to get BACK into mookin form after using other abilities.

I also like the casting style of moonkin (meaning we cast spells, unlike frost mage) - I just wish I could get those damn casts off! IMO ranged should not have powerful instants that are stronger than cast-time spells and PvP should be overhauled around casters actually being able to cast again. Instants should be something you only want to use if you have to move, or something to add additional burst to your spells, not something you spam consistently, and I think that's why things really started to get messed up in PvP because if ranged have nothing but instants, then you have to give melee way more gap closers and mobility to compensate. Then Blizz has to buff the instants so they become worthy in PvE, and once again for PvE reasons PvP gets worse. It's just a super-lose situation and they need to start over.

----

Dislikes:

Double standards!

Vanish removed from displacer but priests still keep it?
Bear form gimped beyond belief but demo locks can glyph a vastly superior form of it via demon hunting glyph?
Or Warriors can sit in passive barkskin and still use their core abilities?
Or DKs can sit in blood presc and still use their core abilities?
Balance druids only caster without a decent form of damage prevention or removal (ice block, dispersion, deterrance, shaman dispelling all magic effects, and warlocks... just warlocks...).
This is what balance druids have - barkskin glyphed, a Last Stand that removes your pressure (unlike warriors), 8k HoTs, ~45k ~2.x sec heals, cenarion ward, manBEARgimp, and whatever gimped version of a CD you get from symbiosis. And to use our last stand, we lose all of our damage potential, unlike warriors/warlocks/etc/DK+rogue going immune to spells/etc. so why is our damage gimped for this CD when literally every other class isn't?
Our DoTs tick for crap and take a ton fo GCDs to apply to many targets - rogue FoK, arms insta-thunderclapping bleeds, DK pest/boil talent, destro brimstone,afflock soulswap spam, etc etc etc ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC
Losing Demo Roar while warlocks keep their curse of enfeeble and shaman keep it on earth shock.
Losing Thorns, meanwhile priests get a glyph that reflects 70% of damage absorbed.
Having to use a major glyph to get a gimped form of roar of sacrifice. I would much rather trade that measly damage reduction for crit immunity.
Starfall getting 'suppressed' while CC'd or out of form when destro locks can keep rain of fire going without a care in the world.
Ferals/Guardians get survival instincts but Balance doesn't. IIRC (correct me if I'm wrong here) a druid is a druid. BARE DURID might be IS 4 TANK but that shouldn't mean STAR DURID IS 4 DEAD.
Having to 3-stack MF for full Lunar Shower effect when every other class can spam full-damage instants.

Our only true interrupt is obtained via a major glyph, and takes a GCD (because bear form takes a GCD for balance druids) before we can even use it due to growl no longer instantly putting you in bear.

Travel form feeling like a cripple on speed - !Travel -> rooted -> !Travel -> rooted -> !Travel -> snared -> !Travel -> stunstunfearblindsilencefeardead. If  your mobility doesn't give you an enormous short term boost or immediately move you, you might as well stand still or go bear because it's not even worth trying to move.

DoTs ticking for junk. Boom DoTs in cata used to be powerful. IIRC they hit for about the same damage now that they did in cata when we had 1/4 the health pool we have now. I liked powerful DoTs, and was really hoping they would give us a level 100 talent that moves like half the damage from our cast-time spells to our DoTs (single-target PvE DPS stays the same, but the DoTs are stronger, so it would be better for AoE fights/rBGs/RBGs). But after seeing how they "buffed" warlock DoTs I'm not too excited or hopeful on that. But it seems perfectly fine for an undispellable DoT like warrior bleeds critting you for harder than our wrath crits lol!

Bugs that hurt us don't get fixed - like your own spell reflected faerie swarm won't let you shift out of the snare - meanwhile NV healing gets hotfixed because moonkings too stronk. Or powershifting BearBearBear and getting hit with a CC, and somehow getting brought out of bear form while stunned/feared/blinded/etc, losing that extra measly damage reduction that could have helped you survive a little longer.

I don't like how resto druid Wrath under HotW hits harder than boomy Wrath.

HoTW lasts too long and has too long of a CD.

Our PvP 2 pc currently just feels like junk. I understand Blizz wants us to get in and out of eclipse faster with this effect but this puts you in an ecplise at terrible random times, in my experience while under the effects of CC and a random DoT critting and proccing the effect, wasting a ton of our haste proc (but I guess that really doesn't matter since we can't get any casts off anyways). The 4 pc is not useful. As much as moonkin gets trained, that's just asking to get interrupted and lock you out of everything. If it also had the effect of making you immune to silence and interrupt effects in addition to casting while moving, it would be useful. But currently it's just terribad and completely situational. The 2/4 pc PvE set bonus using a crit build seems so much better for bursting even with the loss of PvP power (but keep the gloves for cyclone range boost), and survival if you used pre-nerf NV. However, I can see the 2 pc being useful with the new Touch of Elune talent, but that's it.

Symbiosis.

Cast time slows and blanket silences.

Vulnerability to stuns.

Massive nerf to moonkin form damage reduction.

Losing thorns.

Losing splash damage on starfall.

Getting a longer CD on typhoon AND DR'd on knockbacks because crippling solar beams radius/responsiveness just didn't feel like enough.

Roots breaking if my owlhorns face their general direction, meanwhile I lose 1/3+ of my hp in a fear/stun.

Wild Mushroom damage not feeling proportional to the damage it did in cata.

Not being able to cast while melee can sit on you and beat off with everything they've got.

----

Opinion on WoD Talents for boomy:

Touch of Elune (solar version starfall) - IMO this is really the only choice for PvP. I really thought this effect was going passive in WoD so this is quite a disappointment. But it still looks like the best choice of all. Espescially with the way the PvP 2 pc works. I just hope this doesn't lead to damage nerfs due to the larger uptime on starfall/sunfall. But if we look at how warrior damage is going, it should at least last for a good patch as long as it isn't overwhelming PvE.

Will of Malfurion (channeled dps version of genesis?) - This talent is confusing. If it works like genesis and reduces the duration of the Dot when it speeds it up, you're going to have to sit there spamming DoTs on everything, channel this, spam dots, channel this, spam dots... etc. Sounds completely retarded. If it works so that it doesn't reduce the duration, then it's just going to change to spam dots -> channel, channel, channel -> spam dots -> channel, channel, channel. And if starsurge stays in the same form it is today and doesn't get revamped, how many procs will overlap because of this talent? Also, what kind of visual is this going to have? My guess is it's going to have a "KILL ME I'M GLOWING" visual so that every member of the enemy team knows to interrupt you.

Either way, I'm not a fan of sitting in one spot channeling a spell. However, it sounds like massive damage under CA+dmg CDs. IMO scrap this and do something else like trading half the damage from your cast time spells to boost your DoTs or something. Don't give us more spells we aren't going to be able to cast.

However, if this was instant like genesis, that would completely change everything and would make this talent excellent. But as a channeled spell? Heck no. Heck. No.

Might of Malorne (constant eclipse damage) - This removes the non-eclipse portion of your eclipse bar and makes the full bar in an eclipse state, but what I want to know is: does this also boost the haste effect duration? Does the haste become passive for the whole bar? Does the second half that previously didn't get a damage bonus still consume at twice the rate? I see a lot of problems with this talent, mainly because it's going to take longer to get in and out of eclipses, meaning you will have a lot less haste procs and a lot less mana refills. Too many unanswered questions about this talent, and it sounds like the worst one in the tier. I don't see any benefit to staying in one eclipse longer than the other at the expense of not resetting starfall faster, not refilling mana faster, and not getting haste procs. And how will this work with the PvP 2 pc? The only way I can see this talent being useful is if the haste proc is constant for the whole bar, at least for that spell school. But still, if we still can't get casts off it's not going to be very useful.

#2 Creamo

Creamo
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1602

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:13 PM

I read it. Useless tools. (not @ OP)

And I think Might of Malorne is the talent to beat. It seems to me nature's grace will still proc when you hit one end of the bar or the other. I imagine the new eclipsed part will consume at a faster rate, since it seems to be blanketed in with the passive talent.
It all remains to be seen though.

Does anyone know what's happening to mastery?

#3 sarma

sarma
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/0/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 2263
  • 3v3: 2436
  • 5v5: 1247
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:43 PM

View PostRemote_, on 22 November 2013 - 09:33 PM, said:

Or DKs can sit in blood presc and still use their core abilities?

stoped reading here
Posted Image

#4 Creamo

Creamo
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:45 PM

View Postsarma, on 22 November 2013 - 11:43 PM, said:

stoped reading here
Unholy.

#5 Swelung

Swelung
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Guardian 1/1/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2320
  • 3v3: 2745
  • 5v5: 2230
  • RBG: 2488

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:12 PM

those are words, and there's alot of them.

#6 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:17 PM

View PostCreamo, on 22 November 2013 - 11:45 PM, said:

Unholy.

I don't think you, and a lot of people for that matter, realise how big of a deal Sudden Doom procs and 20% haste really are. (unless you reforge & gem haste but who does that lol)
Posted Image

#7 Snuggli

Snuggli
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1925
  • 3v3: 2209
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:46 PM

View PostForumz, on 12 December 2013 - 04:17 PM, said:

I don't think you, and a lot of people for that matter, realise how big of a deal Sudden Doom procs and 20% haste really are. (unless you reforge & gem haste but who does that lol)

The point made was that DKs can still use all their abilities while in their defensive stance

which is true

OT: I really really wish Boomkins (4) set bonus was to increase the duration of Lunar Shower to 5+ seconds. It seems so stupid that the entire class is punished for stopping and casting. It is the main culprit for the "spam moonfire and wait for starsurge" playstyle... which is the only way to play Boomkin atm.

If Lunar Shower lasted longer, casting heals/clones/starfires/wraths/roots etc would feel less punishing.

Then defensives and ways to help casting can be looked at.

Edited by Snuggli, 12 December 2013 - 05:48 PM.

View PostBraindance, on 11 October 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Go listen to some Bieber shit and leave me alone fucko.

#8 Polke

Polke
  • Junkies

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:56 PM

I would rather the 4 set bonus to just consume 3 stacks of lunar shower for an instant cast wrath/starfire/starsurge/HT. Barkskin could be justified as a 30sec CD like resto has, considering every other druid spec has another auxiliary defensive excluding symbi. They could also fix the bug with boomkin HotW that I'm not going to mention, that would actually bring down the offhealing done to the actual amount it's supposed to do.

Edited by Polke, 12 December 2013 - 05:56 PM.

#9 swagoverlord

swagoverlord

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:00 PM

If you aren't playing moonkin rogue 2's then why are you even on your moonkin and not leveling another wizard
Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! http://www.arenajunk...-rules-2272014/

#10 Dopeme

Dopeme
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Blood 0/2/2/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 1574
  • 3v3: 2037
  • 5v5: 2237
  • RBG: 1876

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:45 AM

aww poor boomies can't get out of roots :((( and haz no healingzzz :((

PS: can you tell me one melee class with ranged root I thx (Chillblains doesn't count since no1 takes it if it's not 1500)

#11 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:49 AM

View PostDopeme, on 13 December 2013 - 05:45 AM, said:

aww poor boomies can't get out of roots :((( and haz no healingzzz :((

PS: can you tell me one melee class with ranged root I thx (Chillblains doesn't count since no1 takes it if it's not 1500)

Is anyone supposed to remotely understand this?

#12 Dopeme

Dopeme
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:58 AM

View PostUdderly, on 13 December 2013 - 05:49 AM, said:

Is anyone supposed to remotely understand this?
tell me where didn't you understand and I can explain to you..

everyone knows boomies are shit now but it's not because of their self healing (%50 of time there is like another healer on the other team) or they sit in roots.. How can a druid says I sit it in roots ffs!!!

#13 Siuox

Siuox
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Onyxia
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 1339
  • 3v3: 2727
  • RBG: 2108

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:13 AM

xd XdxDx D

Edited by Siuox, 13 December 2013 - 08:29 AM.

#14 Dopeme

Dopeme
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:28 AM

xD xD

#15 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:47 PM

View PostDopeme, on 13 December 2013 - 05:58 AM, said:

everyone knows boomies are shit now but it's not because of their self healing (%50 of time there is like another healer on the other team) or they sit in roots.. How can a druid says I sit it in roots ffs!!!

What does a caster sitting in roots have to do with anything?  This is why you have me completely confused.  Even if we couldn't shift roots that wouldn't be some 'woe is me' kind of thing.

#16 fearco

fearco
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Bloodscalp
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1852
  • 3v3: 1878
  • RBG: 1315

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:38 AM

View PostDopeme, on 13 December 2013 - 05:58 AM, said:

I'm absolutely sure he meant kiting is kind of impossible with all the root breaks and gap closers of the melee.

#17 Creamo

Creamo
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:32 AM

View PostDopeme, on 13 December 2013 - 05:45 AM, said:

can you tell me one melee class with ranged root I thx (Chillblains doesn't count since no1 takes it if it's not 1500)
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=115073/ cya

#18 Siuox

Siuox
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Onyxia
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 1339
  • 3v3: 2727
  • RBG: 2108

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:18 AM

enhancer frostshock root

#19 BurncrawHD

BurncrawHD
  • Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:51 AM

Feral PS Root
Monk Fire Blossom
Enhancer F-Shock Root
Warrior Staggering has not much range.

#20 OMGitsSart

OMGitsSart
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1969
  • 3v3: 2090
  • RBG: 954
  • LocationStuttgart, Germany

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:51 PM

Did the russians invade outland now or what is this dopeme guy supposed to be?
LSx comps making dreams come true since S7

Read the About Me Section if you have any questions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<