Help

Is Ele a good class for a beginner?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Tacticalrock

Tacticalrock
  • Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:59 AM

Just starting to get into PvP this season but have been playing on an off since TBC. Never tried ele but it looks appealing to me. Is it something that would be easy for a new PvPer to pick up? If it matters I'm like a 1650-1700 rogue this season but I doubt that means much.

#2 Pwnarii

Pwnarii
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:16 AM

Yes it is if you want to play a caster it's one of the easiest.

Warrior/DK/Hunter/Ele are all pretty good if you want to just have a fun easy time.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Xerox

Xerox
  • Members
  • LocationDubai

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:29 AM

I would say so yeah, it's all-in-all a very fun class to play. Decent mobility, very high burst, and the infamous knock to throw people off LM haha fun times, fun times :)
Posted Image

#4 OMGitsSart

OMGitsSart
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1969
  • 3v3: 2090
  • RBG: 954
  • LocationStuttgart, Germany

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:32 AM

It's definitely one of the easiest classes to get into and learn, while also having a potentially high skill cap in terms of grp utility with ground/shear/tremor/totem replacing etc., once you're getting into arenas
LSx comps making dreams come true since S7

Read the About Me Section if you have any questions

#5 Durok

Durok
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Aman'Thul
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:57 AM

actually i think hybrids are the most difficult chars to play...
if you just wanna stand and turret something then its as easy as destro and mage

#6 watchmepwn

watchmepwn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2136
  • 3v3: 2880
  • 5v5: 2354
  • RBG: 768

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:07 AM

View PostDurok, on 20 November 2013 - 04:57 AM, said:

if you just wanna stand and turret something then its as easy as destro and mage

Not really.

Ele is far more easier then a warlock or mage.

#7 Hateformz

Hateformz

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:11 AM

View PostDurok, on 20 November 2013 - 04:57 AM, said:

better pepper your angus cause you've got a world of butthurt coming your away
Posted Image

#8 Durok

Durok
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Aman'Thul
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:44 AM

nothing new that those warlocks and mages think they need any sort of skill since bc
destro lock needs 3 abilities to deal dmg and mage maybe 4 but actually only 1 (icelance)

i dont wanna start comparing utility to master. i just said dealing dmg as ele (ONLY DMG!) is as easy as mage and wl

#9 OMGitsSart

OMGitsSart
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1969
  • 3v3: 2090
  • RBG: 954
  • LocationStuttgart, Germany

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:36 PM

View PostDurok, on 21 November 2013 - 04:44 AM, said:

nothing new that those warlocks and mages think they need any sort of skill since bc
destro lock needs 3 abilities to deal dmg and mage maybe 4 but actually only 1 (icelance)

i dont wanna start comparing utility to master. i just said dealing dmg as ele (ONLY DMG!) is as easy as mage and wl

Which is like saying every melee is equally easy to play because they all have autohit
LSx comps making dreams come true since S7

Read the About Me Section if you have any questions

#10 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:53 PM

Things that make Ele a nice class for beginners IMHO:

1. They have two damaging schools.  Beginners tend to get locked out more often, so it's nice that you can swap to the other school and keep playing
2. They have pretty solid defensives.  With the dmg reduction glyph, baseline sham rage, and hybrid healing ele has gone from glass cannon to actually being somewhat tanky. Makes it less risky for a new player.
3. Only a few basic 'dmg' spells that you use as a beginner, making it more straightforward.  If you keep flame shocking things, use lava burst on cd, use lightning bolt when you need to move or shock lava burst are on cd you can still be pretty effective in the lower brackets.  As you learn more, you figure out how to use fulmination well (earth shock with stacks of lightning shield), chain lightning, keeping fire totems down, earthquake, etc.  But you can be effective with just those three spells when you're learning.
4. It's essentially one of the classes with an extra trinket (tremor) right now (or two if you glyph sham rage and use it on Deep Freeze or HoJ).  That allows a newer player to makeup for possibly bad positioning.

Anyhow, hope you enjoy it - Ele can be a fun spec and Shaman is an awesome class :)

#11 Theed

Theed
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2052
  • 3v3: 2621
  • 5v5: 2424
  • RBG: 1925

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:11 PM

Ele is a very good class for beginners. Easy to learn and very strong right now.

#12 NiNLeX

NiNLeX
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/2/0/0/0

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:08 PM

Dealing damage as ele is really easy, however, you play more of a supportive role in arenas while ditching out good damage with instants. To be good ele you need lots of awareness and good communication with teammates and be good at juking (you will be trained) so it's not the easiest to master at all.

TL;DR
Low skill floor (dmg), high skill cap (support + utility for team)

#13 Filthpig

Filthpig
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1605
  • 3v3: 2448
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1945

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:28 PM

If you're just trying to get some rating then War/Ele/hpal is a really strong comp that is decently forgiving if you haven't got the utility aspect of dps shaman down yet. You really just have to do a lot of damage and you'll win most of your games. I would say ele is probably the best caster to play right now because when more people start getting geared they're gonna see how good ele really is right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<