• Curse Sites
Help

DKs and the Current State of the Game... Fixes needed.

suggestions unfair disadvantage how to fix

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#1 Jeexlol

Jeexlol
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1418
  • 3v3: 1784
  • RBG: 192

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:17 PM

I made a thread in 5.3 complaining that Warriors DOTS were going to be better than Unholy DK DOTS while warriors having more single target pressure and got shit on/laughed at by all the heroes on this forum and that the damage increases give to the melee class with the most utility and defensive cooldowns was going to wreck the DK class. People laughed at me.

View PostMarshmellow, on 16 August 2013 - 08:38 PM, said:

whens the last time you saw a warrior running around spamming thunder clap to dot an entire team

View PostPeacesells, on 16 August 2013 - 08:52 PM, said:

Are you fucking serious? Like, fucking serious? Even on PTR, warriors are 1.5 times shitter than DK's.
Deep wounds ticks for 12K NONCRITS, 35K crits with CD's up. Diseases do 11k / 15k non crits, so thats more than double the damage of DW.

If anything, DK's need survivability buffed and damage toned down, warriors need damage buffed.

View PostForumz, on 16 August 2013 - 09:01 PM, said:

I'm not talking about the numbers. I'm talking about you being a dumbass for complaining about it.

View PostPeacesells, on 16 August 2013 - 09:10 PM, said:

Yes, 2300 rating in 2v2, barely tried and 3v3. Warrior damage outside cooldowns is still shit. 25% slam buff is almost unnoticable, especially when fighting anything with shields (priests). We still don't get any rage remember

View PostSilhin, on 17 August 2013 - 06:21 AM, said:

this has to be a troll thread or the OP is mentally disabled and we should start a fund for him to cover his medical expensive's

View PostEnyalius, on 17 August 2013 - 01:38 PM, said:

Youre complaining about warriors and you play a dk?

Ladies and gentlemen, we have one the biggest idiots on AJ! Have a good day!

.. I hate you all.

ANYWAYS,

Here's what the ladder shows today, with most users hovering around ilvl520-522:
Posted Image

Looks like Warriors and Shaman are the best classes in 5.4 WOW PVP and DKs and Monks are the worst, literally 8 times more warriors and shamans than there are monks or dks.

I posted this because I really enjoy the DK class but am finding it hard to be competitive. The amount of skill I have on my mage and warrior is far less than my 3x Gladiator DK and yet <irony>somehow</irony> I am doing way better on those two classes.

I wanted to solicit feedback for three changes I think will balance the DK class which will promote more viability without breaking the game. I believe if we had these changes DK would be in an AVERAGE spot - and that's all I'm really asking.

I would also like to know what others think.

Here are the changes:

1. Chillblains made passive. Replaced with another useful talent that gives meaningful thought to pick up instead of Asphyxiate.
2. AMS absorb returned to previous state - 100% for the duration (no "up to a percent" of the DKs HP - similar to cloak of shadows)
3. IBF Cooldown lowered to 1 minute

I think these changes would make DKs average again, instead of a broken, unplayable class. At least monks have the option to heal warrior+mage.

What are your thoughts?

#2 Rawrbertlol

Rawrbertlol

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:19 PM

Bring back junkies requirement please.....

Edited by Rawrbertlol, 14 November 2013 - 06:20 PM.

"This is stupid, might as well give glad titles for picking up flowers in front of OG/Stormwind. But hey , now everyone can have it so that everyone is happy, right?" -Mirox-

#3 Z4muZ

Z4muZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Lightning's Blade
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/1/0/.
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:23 PM

Are you fucking serious? Like, fucking serious? Even on PTR, warriors are 1.5 times shitter than DK's.
Deep wounds ticks for 12K NONCRITS, 35K crits with CD's up. Diseases do 11k / 15k non crits, so thats more than double the damage of DW.

If anything, DK's need survivability buffed and damage toned down, warriors need damage buffed. this has to be a troll thread or the OP is mentally disabled and we should start a fund for him to cover his medical expensive's

Posted Image

#4 Nixonxx

Nixonxx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 2249
  • 3v3: 2639
  • 5v5: 2200
  • RBG: 1831
  • LocationCarmel, California

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:28 PM

View PostZ4muZ, on 14 November 2013 - 06:23 PM, said:

If anything, DK's need survivability buffed and damage toned down, warriors need damage buffed. this has to be a troll thread or the OP is mentally disabled and we should start a fund for him to cover his medical expensive's

You're beyond retarded.

I hope you're trolling.

Warrior outshines DK in literally every aspect almost. Just saying

Edited by Nixonxx, 14 November 2013 - 06:28 PM.

#5 Ravin

Ravin
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Frost 0/1/0/2/2/2

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:28 PM

Monks are only low rep because no one plays them (it's the new class).  MW is quite good, and WW has a very high skill cap.  I'll agree warriors and mages are out of hand.  Honestly the only changes DKs need though is to remove BF from affecting AMS, and maybe conversion.  (I'd be in favor of making all DPS-spec heals not affected by BF unless it's a hybrid DPS spec.  Also, I'd prefer to bring back old 50% MS and just remove battle fatigue outright and see what that does).

Finally, shaman are high rep because they have 3 viable specs.  Same with hunters to an extent.  Warlocks and rogues are lower rep, but they are both in very good spots right now (I'd say OP actually).  All this to say that using rep above any rating as an indicator of class balance is a bad idea as they are other confounding variables most of the time.

#6 Jeexlol

Jeexlol
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:29 PM

View PostNixonxx, on 14 November 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:

You're beyond retarded.

I hope you're trolling.

Warrior outshines DK in literally every aspect almost.

If you read my post quotes you would see that he is...

#7 allzimardk

allzimardk
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1661

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:29 PM

dk gameplay is super hard right now because rune management is harder when u are dead in 2 seconds against a warrior team.

BTW ALL FACTARDS WHO CALLS FOR A DK DMG NERF SHOULD LEARN HOW TO KILL DKS FASTER A FACKING WARRIOR IS DOING MORE DMG THAN A DK HOW STUPID IS THAT?!

*popcorn*

#8 Z4muZ

Z4muZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Lightning's Blade
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:34 PM

View PostNixonxx, on 14 November 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:

You're beyond retarded.

I hope you're trolling.

Warrior outshines DK in literally every aspect almost. Just saying

I assure you, I literally almost never troll.
Posted Image

#9 Bridgey

Bridgey
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1222
  • 3v3: 2113
  • RBG: 1974
  • LocationSouth West England

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:34 PM

View PostZ4muZ, on 14 November 2013 - 06:23 PM, said:

warriors need damage buffed. this has to be a troll thread or the OP is mentally disabled and we should start a fund for him to cover his medical expensive's

HAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHA

Posted Image

Just stop posting, DK is in a horrible state there is 0 reason to play it right now.

Not because DK is weak but because warriors/rogues/enhancements fit better in like every comp and we have no real defensives alongside our 0 mobility just make it pointless to play.

Edited by Mvpstar, 14 November 2013 - 06:36 PM.

Posted Image

#10 Jeexlol

Jeexlol
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:36 PM

View PostMvpstar, on 14 November 2013 - 06:34 PM, said:

Just stop posting, DK is in a horrible state there is 0 reason to play it right now.

I want to play dk :( it's my favorite class :(

:(

#11 a1entity

a1entity
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:36 PM

ok if warriors takes bladestorm/blood then he matches dks most of the time in damage, if war takes stuns he close to damage to dk but war bring better mobility, survival and offensive utilities than dk.

From playing both war and dk i can clearly see why war are better right now.
But in twos when i meet dk on war dk almost never out-damage me, and i win most of the fights vs dk, unless DK plays with MW

Dks still good and fine in 2s and 5s. I still like my dk and love playing him.

Edited by a1entity, 14 November 2013 - 06:39 PM.

#12 Miette

Miette
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Frost 2/1/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2152
  • 3v3: 2808
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 2406

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:39 PM

DK doesn't need any kind of buffs :(
other classes may require some nerfs ..
but you need to train your skill fo' suuuuuuuuure because my DK dots do crazy damage :)
Come and check out my stream (mainly PHD DK) : http://www.twitch.tv/miettelol

#13 Jeexlol

Jeexlol
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:40 PM

View PostRavin, on 14 November 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:

Monks are only low rep because no one plays them (it's the new class).  MW is quite good, and WW has a very high skill cap.  I'll agree warriors and mages are out of hand.  Honestly the only changes DKs need though is to remove BF from affecting AMS, and maybe conversion.  (I'd be in favor of making all DPS-spec heals not affected by BF unless it's a hybrid DPS spec.  Also, I'd prefer to bring back old 50% MS and just remove battle fatigue outright and see what that does).

Finally, shaman are high rep because they have 3 viable specs.  Same with hunters to an extent.  Warlocks and rogues are lower rep, but they are both in very good spots right now (I'd say OP actually).  All this to say that using rep above any rating as an indicator of class balance is a bad idea as they are other confounding variables most of the time.

http://www.worldofwa...-0-0-3-2-0.html

Shaman are high rep because resto shaman are the best healer at the moment...

#14 Z4muZ

Z4muZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Lightning's Blade
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:43 PM

View PostMvpstar, on 14 November 2013 - 06:34 PM, said:

HAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHA

Posted Image

Not because DK is weak but because warriors/rogues/enhancements fit better in like every comp and we have no real defensives alongside our 0 mobility just make it pointless to play.

whens the last time you saw a warrior running around spamming thunder clap to dot an entire team? I'm not talking about the numbers. I'm talking about you being a dumbass for complaining about it.
Posted Image

#15 a1entity

a1entity
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:44 PM

View PostMiette, on 14 November 2013 - 06:39 PM, said:

DK doesn't need any kind of buffs :(
other classes may require some nerfs ..
but you need to train your skill fo' suuuuuuuuure because my DK dots do crazy damage :)

Dk's need 3 things freedom at least once a minute, like glyphed ibf for extra damage reduction and maybe desc, ground that removes CS.

The most frustrating part on my dk i find is my mobility, it just plain awful, if you against double rooting enemy your spent 50 % of time in roots.

Edited by a1entity, 14 November 2013 - 06:46 PM.

#16 Jeexlol

Jeexlol
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:46 PM

View Posta1entity, on 14 November 2013 - 06:36 PM, said:

Dks still good and fine in 2s

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
okay.jpg

Nice argument. WHO THE FUCK CARES ABOUT THAT UNREWARDING BRACKET

#17 a1entity

a1entity
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:55 PM

^^ AJ failed baldy giving access to all, hence post above me.

#18 Jeexlol

Jeexlol
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:56 PM

View Posta1entity, on 14 November 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

^^ AJ failed baldy giving access to all, hence post above me.

I could get aj to link my s6/7/8 glad or would you be mad at that too?

I thought it was funny - threads already trolled max

#19 Bridgey

Bridgey
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1222
  • 3v3: 2113
  • RBG: 1974
  • LocationSouth West England

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:56 PM

View PostZ4muZ, on 14 November 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

whens the last time you saw a warrior running around spamming thunder clap to dot an entire team? I'm not talking about the numbers. I'm talking about you being a dumbass for complaining about it.

Um like every game against warriors maybe?

And you know deep wounds on one target does nearly as much dk dots on three.
Posted Image

#20 Z4muZ

Z4muZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Lightning's Blade
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:02 PM

View PostMvpstar, on 14 November 2013 - 06:56 PM, said:

Um like every game against warriors maybe?

And you know deep wounds on one target does nearly as much dk dots on three.

Yes, 2300 rating in 2v2, barely tried and 3v3. Warrior damage outside cooldowns is still shit. 25% slam buff is almost unnoticable, especially when fighting anything with shields (priests). We still don't get any rage remember
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<