Shadowpower
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/0/2/2/1/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:02 AM

Hello everyone , before you read this , please do not fight with it other !! not now please!
This is a topic that we should forget that crap discussion about classes and old content and be together because its something for us all !!!

We are facing a big problem at PvP , its not NEW its just becoming bigger and bigger
the game is getting "easier" its a fact , less spell , less buttons to press , more and more passives ofc it doesn't mean much because those changes are for all players and reaction time are really low but what i want to say talking all this ? I am just tired to always listing people saying that pvp used to be good on xpac X or Y... why not at the next expansion?
I'm a really low rating player , just a 2.2k , but i want to listen to all of you with your big XP at this game and maybe its time to US to do something to help blizzard to fix the game we love instead just complain about it forever.

What I think ( my personal and may you disagree ) about what Blizzard should do to fix PVP at ALL (not focusing my class) :::

hmm let's go
  • Remake Racials , to make viable to play all races with certain equality

• Balance the amount of Healing / Damage classes can do (acording with the play style).

• Remove all rating and rewards from 2v2 and 5v5 , making 3v3 the only bracked that really matter for that game .

• Give us real rewards for been a PVP player , when you are a Heroic PVE player , you have the best gear in game more chances to drop epic mounts , to get xmog new items , PVP should be once again progressive as PVE , 0->1550 , 1550->1750 , 1750->2000 , 2000->2200 , 2200->2400 , 2400->2700. Just win something when you get 2200 as it was back in 5.1 with T2 gear , a really unfair system like that should never be up again.The game should not treat a 2150 player as a 1100 player since hes really trying more than the other one and progressing at that.
Right now less than 5% of ALL players in WoW actually does some kind of real PVP content , and only 1% of those 5% are above 1750 RT in arenas ,  so its not hard to understand why its getting worse every year , people that know what they are saying should actually SAY something! do not stop to try guys ! please!  Let's Keep trying to make good Feed back use your streams , your Real ID friends , we can do that , some of us live to play WoW and others do it as a job , why not make it better and better?

do not forget to tell us things you think would make it better please!

thank you and sorry for my bad english

Edited by Shadowpower, 11 November 2013 - 02:10 AM.

#2 Qyoyz

Qyoyz

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:14 AM

Nice topic +rep

#3 Yubel

Yubel
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1725
  • 3v3: 2503
  • RBG: 384

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:16 AM

I heavily agree with #4.
Posted Image

#4 wodeta

wodeta

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:24 AM

Also strongly agree with #4
Posted Image

#5 Reedztv

Reedztv
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Survival 1/1/1/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 480
  • RBG: 2125

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:28 AM

View PostShadowpower, on 11 November 2013 - 01:02 AM, said:

We are facing a big problem at PvP , its not NEW its just becoming bigger and bigger
the game is getting "easier" its a fact , less spell , less buttons to press , more and more passives ofc it doesn't mean much because those changes are for all players and reaction time are really low but what i want to say talking all this ?
More spells and more buttons to press = skill? I also fail to see how there are less buttons to use nowdays compared to what? Past expansions? Ofc there have naturally been the increase in passives as well. It's honestly better taking the tone-down approach. Removing cd stacking, decreasing interupts, to make games less random rng 1-shots.People seem to be more drawn towards the league of legends style - minimal buttons and items, more focus on teams setting up kills and outplaying by dodging abilities, etc. moreso than the general cluster-fuck it is atm

#6 Snuggli

Snuggli
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1925
  • 3v3: 2209
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:38 AM

Isn't there more spells now (in general) than there was back in BC/WotLK?

I like rating in 2s, but i'm indifferent to 5s. They could potentially remove the rewards from it, or remove it completely.. it hardly ever gets played anyway. Some people do enjoy it though.

Also, I would rather gear was a completely even playing field. I'm not sure whether you're talking about cosmetic rewards in #4 or gear upgrades. I think more vanity/cosmetic items on a per-season basis is good. We've already got red weapon enchants, elite gear and tabard/capes though (2k, 2.2k, 2.5k). I guess you could add extra 'breakpoints' at 1800 and 2400.

View PostBraindance, on 11 October 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Go listen to some Bieber shit and leave me alone fucko.

#7 Yubel

Yubel
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:39 AM

View PostReedztv, on 11 November 2013 - 01:28 AM, said:

More spells and more buttons to press = skill? I also fail to see how there are less buttons to use nowdays compared to what? Past expansions? Ofc there have naturally been the increase in passives as well. It's honestly better taking the tone-down approach. Removing cd stacking, decreasing interupts, to make games less random rng 1-shots.People seem to be more drawn towards the league of legends style - minimal buttons and items, more focus on teams setting up kills and outplaying by dodging abilities, etc. moreso than the general cluster-fuck it is atm

I don't understand why you have to disagree with every post you reply to. He makes perfectly valid points.

And yes, less button pressing does equal less skill. I'd like to see Frost Mages do something other than spam Ice Lance all day and use it to take chunks of my health.
Posted Image

#8 Schvetolga

Schvetolga
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 2234
  • 3v3: 2525
  • 5v5: 1056
  • RBG: 2380

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:56 AM

View PostYubel, on 11 November 2013 - 01:39 AM, said:

I don't understand why you have to disagree with every post you reply to. He makes perfectly valid points.

And yes, less button pressing does equal less skill. I'd like to see Frost Mages do something other than spam Ice Lance all day and use it to take chunks of my health.

This has nothing to do with there being a low amount of spells though, the fact that mages only spam ice lance is because it does like twice the damage of frostbolt and is instant and therefore cannot get interrupted. Why cast frostbolt when you can spam ice lance? This is Blizzards fault for making their instants so much better than their castable abilities.

The ability bloat is retarded. I would love to see CD stacking, a ton of interrupts and instant cc getting removed.

Edited by Urbandurban, 11 November 2013 - 01:56 AM.

Posted Image

#9 Matduke

Matduke
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 0/1/2/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 2050
  • 3v3: 2445
  • RBG: 1890

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:07 AM

#1 yeeyeyeyeyeye I wanna be able to play whatever race I want. FUCK.

#10 Sennaxz

Sennaxz
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2064
  • 3v3: 2084
  • 5v5: 672
  • RBG: 1948

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:13 AM

They did item squish matching wotlk values, I hope they will do the same with dmg and healing, reduce def cds, remove swifty stacking cds, add some less game breaking ones with lower cooldowns. Less gap closers, interrupts, casters casting, hybrid classes supporting with damage, not oneshotting you in a matter of seconds. Fuck homogenisation of specs.

#11 Yubel

Yubel
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:15 AM

View PostUrbandurban, on 11 November 2013 - 01:56 AM, said:

This has nothing to do with there being a low amount of spells though, the fact that mages only spam ice lance is because it does like twice the damage of frostbolt and is instant and therefore cannot get interrupted. Why cast frostbolt when you can spam ice lance? This is Blizzards fault for making their instants so much better than their castable abilities.

The ability bloat is retarded. I would love to see CD stacking, a ton of interrupts and instant cc getting removed.

I didn't say there was a lack of spells. I said less button pressing. I agree that Blizzard effectively limited Frost mages to using Ice Lance, but that's what I'm talking about. They only really need to spam that one button as an attack.
Posted Image

#12 Ickz

Ickz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Brewmaster 0/0/0/2/0/1

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:19 AM

If they did 3 and 4, then arena participation would die out and even less resources would be spent on PvP, so, uh,  yea no.

#13 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:21 AM

i kinda feel like the game didnt exactly get easier ... we as veterans just understand it way more than we did years ago and i mean dont get me wrong certain  changes did really make it "easier" to play a class IE warriors not needing to swap up shield / mh to  get a reflect off and such but i dont think its easy by any means for the novice player who comes along and tries to arena and what i  mean by that is you have SO much going on in arena that you have to keep tabs on and look at and keep in mind your positioning and see the swaps before they happen and maintain a clear head while also trying to process 30 other things

i just feel as veterans of the game who have been playing forever we feel the game might have gotten easier but its more so we just adapted to changes and applied everything we've known throughout the years
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#14 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:56 AM

View PostShadowpower, on 11 November 2013 - 01:02 AM, said:

some of us live to play WoW

lol, sad statement

Anyway, here's a recipe to fix WoW :

- bomb all the servers and create four, huge standalone servers for each of the server archetypes ( PvE, PvP, RP, RPPvP ), retracting the cattle in a smaller area

- create quests that allow you to obtain higher iLvL objects than the current raid progress can get you, but force players into pvp in all the new zones to get it ( think of Gurubashi arena, just world-wide for the areas of the new expansion )

- remove queue-from-everywhere, force players to queue in world pvp zones ( akin to Nagrand queueing place )

- remove instant get-to-raid, force players to walk through unmountable area ( Blackrock Mountain f.ex. )

- make pvp matter again, in a pve-centric game

- design a HUGE, OPEN world ( although, if too many players present, they could introduce a option borrowed from SWTOR - allow instanced zones, which means exactly that - and allow players to switch from one to another based on a 30 minute cooldown )

- allow players to PHYSICALLY stand on the benches of each arena, spectating the said matches ( you'd get a crowd watching you as you play arena, maybe limit the number of players available to spectate - also they'd be fixed in positioning and unable to cast spells )

after these events took place, I'd consider giving my money again to Blizzard. Those fixes would fix the population problem ( all players would be on one of the four servers, which would allow factions to be finally at least remotely balanced, because even if horde is outpopulating alliance at one point like 80:20, there'd still be thousands of players on each side that nobody would even give a shit on the statistics and actual numbers ), it'd fix the world pvp problem ( lots of players on same server, yet it wouldn't be a problem if they increased each zone from standard size to 10x the size ), it'd force players to actually go to a point in world to do their things ( queueing, raiding, etc ), etc etc - oh and btw, those new quests that allow you to get better gear than pretty much anyone else ? It'd be exclusive to those who either get lucky or actually care enough to get it. They'd have to go through endless suffering and misery on hands of enemy faction + their own faction to get it. % of population that would have it would obviously have to be tweaked, but it should be that the person who has it feels happy about getting it, and those who don't would need to want it enough to fight for it.

oh and not having incredibly shitty balance in PvP department would be cool too. They need to realise that most people want fairness, instead of their class dominating one season and then being shit in the next one. I certainly as fuck wouldn't want to win just because I play xyz class, there's no bragging rights to be had there. "Oh yea man, we totally beat them, we're totally good and fucking SICK man, and it has nothing to do with demonology warlocks being unkillable right now versus melee teams, no sir, we earned that win fair and square, fuck we're good."

Edited by Lolflay, 11 November 2013 - 06:09 AM.

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#15 wodeta

wodeta

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:58 AM

View PostIckz, on 11 November 2013 - 04:19 AM, said:

If they did 3 and 4, then arena participation would die out and even less resources would be spent on PvP, so, uh,  yea no.

Care to explain why?

Forums are for discussion, not for no/yes.
Posted Image

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/1/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2055
  • 3v3: 2436

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:02 AM

View PostSennaxz, on 11 November 2013 - 03:13 AM, said:

They did item squish matching wotlk values, I hope they will do the same with dmg and healing, reduce def cds, remove swifty stacking cds, add some less game breaking ones with lower cooldowns. Less gap closers, interrupts, casters casting, hybrid classes supporting with damage, not oneshotting you in a matter of seconds. Fuck homogenisation of specs.
r u stupid?item squish means less dmg and healing, lol

#17 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2273
  • 3v3: 2634
  • 5v5: 2359
  • RBG: 2126

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:42 AM

This is great and all, but every WoW player and their mother has been suggesting this for the last 4 years to no avail.

#18 Pawzz

Pawzz
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery
  • LocationAustria

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:54 AM

I wanna play dorf

#19 Ickz

Ickz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Brewmaster 0/0/0/2/0/1

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:07 PM

View Postwodeta, on 11 November 2013 - 05:58 AM, said:

Care to explain why?

Forums are for discussion, not for no/yes.

It's pretty obvious as it's already happened when Blizz started tacking on rating reqs to items back in the day. Who would seriously play arena besides the super hardcore elitists if they took away 2s and 5s and made everything hard to get via rating reqs? Why would they waste resources on something not a high % of their playerbase takes part in? They wouldn't.

#20 Hiddenstalke

Hiddenstalke
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Survival 1/1/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2283
  • 3v3: 2654
  • 5v5: 672
  • RBG: 1909

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:32 PM

Just remove cd stacking.Perfect examples are warriors atm who can use so many cds at same time(like Reck/Shieldwall/die by the sword/avatar/skull banner/Bladestorm/pvp trinkets at the very same time).Cooldowns should share some cd together(like Reck and shieldwall did before).
Remove the amount of stuns(mainly ranged) and stuff like double Sac/BoP/grip/charge/roll and whatnot.Make casted spells do more dmg/healing than instants.
Increase some of the cooldown on cds.FOr example Barkskin and Ironbark have extremely low cd. Also NS should go bk to atleast 2 minutes.Moreover why is Warrior fear still 1,5 min cd?!?
Healers should not have high sprints(like priest/paladins) or blinks(like druids).Surely they can have some minor speed increase and such but things that help you minlessly fix your fked up position should not exist.
That goes to some dps classes aswell - there shouldnt be that high mobility.
www.twitch.tv/hiddenstalkeeu

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Arena, PVP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<