#41 inhume

inhume
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:51 PM

You know what blizzard told people who couldn't make the fishing tournament day? tough shit.

#42 Breez

Breez
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1452
  • 3v3: 2695
  • 5v5: 863
  • RBG: 2070

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:32 PM

Can't just replace main arena ladder with this lol, this could as addition to the normal ladder, like a weekly tournament or something, not to replace the ladder completely.

#43 Jarzombek

Jarzombek
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/1/0/2

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:06 PM

Wait, some people really think this is meant as a replacement of the ladder? Some think they're removing the ladder and you can only gain rating in a 4 hour window once a week? First I thought is that during 4 hours on a saturday you can choose to queue in the tournament instead of the normal ladder games. And you can buy gear that's only usable in the tournament arena. It could also be a separate server just like the tournament realm, where you can queue whenever you want but there's no rating going on(like skirmish) and two times a week there's a tournament.

I don't think ladder is going anywhere, this is a fun addition

#44 angelownzz

angelownzz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1526
  • 3v3: 2324

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:16 PM

View PostJarzombek, on 14 November 2013 - 04:06 PM, said:

Wait, some people really think this is meant as a replacement of the ladder? Some think they're removing the ladder and you can only gain rating in a 4 hour window once a week? First I thought is that during 4 hours on a saturday you can choose to queue in the tournament instead of the normal ladder games. And you can buy gear that's only usable in the tournament arena. It could also be a separate server just like the tournament realm, where you can queue whenever you want but there's no rating going on(like skirmish) and two times a week there's a tournament.

this is what i thought, but everyone's imagination/interpretation is different in some way. i guess we'll just have to wait and see

#45 Siuox

Siuox

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:13 PM

You’ll be able to practice whenever you like outside of those times, but if you want to earn the prestige awards, you’ll need to hone your skills and climb to the top of the ladder at the appointed times

http://blue.mmo-cham...-a-look-at-pvp/

Due to the fact that there aren't any other awards besides titels/mount what should they mean with "prestige awards"? More rewards for pvp that we don't know yet XD D))D) ? Apart from the "old" ones?

Edit: I was refering to Jarzos Statement.

Edit2: Could also let the Season end after 3 Month like on AT (idk the exact duration). That may result into more competition, because there won't be 5 month between fullgear and the last weeks of a season.
You have to play to keep your ratings up in regards of the rating inflation. More players would queue during the season. ATM there's not much sence in queuing, because the ratings will go up anyways after the inflation reached it's "maximum".

Edited by Siuox, 14 November 2013 - 11:35 PM.

#46 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 0/2/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 2413
  • 5v5: 2261
  • RBG: 1787

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:28 PM

View PostSiuox, on 14 November 2013 - 11:13 PM, said:

You’ll be able to practice whenever you like outside of those times, but if you want to earn the prestige awards, you’ll need to hone your skills and climb to the top of the ladder at the appointed times

http://blue.mmo-cham...-a-look-at-pvp/

Due to the fact that there aren't any other awards besides titels/mount what should they mean with "prestige awards"? More rewards for pvp that we don't know yet XD D))D) ? Apart from the "old" ones?

Titles/Mounts are the prestige awards
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#47 TheGosuStandard

TheGosuStandard
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/1/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1710
  • 3v3: 2023
  • 5v5: 2266
  • RBG: 2003

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:29 AM

Restricting people to play within certain time limits is going to be a huge challenge and I feel as it won't end up being any good.

#48 Jarzombek

Jarzombek
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:21 AM

Blue post today (http://www.mmo-champ...-WoD-Blue-Posts)

If you’re looking for some great Arena action, then Trial of the Gladiator is for you. Building on the same system used for the Arena Tournament realm, players who take part in Trial of the Gladiator will be able to enter and purchase gear, enchants, and gems from a vendor, and then match skills with other players. Similar to the Arena Tournament realm, an array of equal-quality gear and items will be available to all players, putting everyone on the same footing from the start of competition.

Any player will be able to queue for this new feature once it’s available, but you’ll only be able to earn a rating during specific days and times of the week that rated competition opens up. This will help make the pool of serious combatants more concentrated, allowing the system to match players more accurately based on skill and helping ensure rated battles provide a highly competitive experience.

You’ll be able to practice whenever you like outside of those times, but if you want to earn the prestige awards, you’ll need to hone your skills and climb to the top of the ladder at the appointed times. We also don’t want to penalize people too heavily for missing a scheduled combat or two, and we’re looking into ways to make sure the system strikes the right balance between flexibility and cutting-edge competition.

Also (http://blue.mmo-cham...tor-wod/#post61)
"I don't know where this idea came from, but just to clear things up, we have no plans to remove the current Arena ladder."

I think this is going to be fun as fuck! I just hope they realize that the tournament ladder has to be reset every now and then. They cannot have it last as long as the seasons right now. But if it's too short, say 3 weeks, the people who can't be online during all tournament hours won't get enough games played to climb the ladder and might just not play any games at all. And if it's reset every 5 months or so patchnotes and lack of participants will ruin the idea of intense competition.

How often should the Trial of the Gladiator end?

Edited by Jarzombek, 15 November 2013 - 10:22 AM.

#49 Siuox

Siuox

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:03 AM

current arenaladders worthless without rewards.

great idea if trial of the gladiator has separate rewards.

Edited by Siuox, 15 November 2013 - 11:05 AM.

#50 Jarzombek

Jarzombek
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:21 PM

No one has said anything about changing the current arena ladder and I don't think they plan on it. Gladiator weighs heavier than Vanquisher from TR, and I think the title from TotG will be more prestigeous than gladiator.

#51 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:37 AM

View PostJarzombek, on 14 November 2013 - 04:06 PM, said:

quote from blizzard

Posted Image

"If you’re looking for some great Arena action, then Trial of the Gladiator is for you. Building on the same system used for the Arena Tournament realm, players who take part in Trial of the Gladiator will be able to enter and purchase gear, enchants, and gems from a vendor, and then match skills with other players. Similar to the Arena Tournament realm, an array of equal-quality gear and items will be available to all players, putting everyone on the same footing from the start of competition.

Any player will be able to queue for this new feature once it’s available, but you’ll only be able to earn a rating during specific days and times of the week that rated competition opens up. This will help make the pool of serious combatants more concentrated, allowing the system to match players more accurately based on skill and helping ensure rated battles provide a highly competitive experience.

You’ll be able to practice whenever you like outside of those times, but if you want to earn the prestige awards, you’ll need to hone your skills and climb to the top of the ladder at the appointed times. We also don’t want to penalize people too heavily for missing a scheduled combat or two, and we’re looking into ways to make sure the system strikes the right balance between flexibility and cutting-edge competition."

so from what i gathered there ... Hey we get skirmish back - tough shit if you cant make the schedule arena time.

Edited by kannetixx, 16 November 2013 - 12:38 AM.

US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#52 bl00dlust

bl00dlust

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:59 PM

why is everyone ignoring the fact that there will be zero point to getting rewards and gear and the fact that if you work on shift work or happen to have a schedule that doesnt allow you to play during those times.. youre fucked.
Posted Image

#53 bl00dlust

bl00dlust

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:02 PM

they removed the whole "daily dungeon thing" because people complained that they couldnt log in and do the dungeons every day.. this is kinda the same boat.
Posted Image

#54 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:17 AM

View Postbl00dlust, on 16 November 2013 - 03:59 PM, said:

why is everyone ignoring the fact that there will be zero point to getting rewards and gear and the fact that if you work on shift work or happen to have a schedule that doesnt allow you to play during those times.. youre fucked.

exactly!
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#55 Deeklol

Deeklol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:12 AM

Dont think this game can be saved lol
Hey, add me on LoL :)

IGN: Keklyz

#56 Elorxo