• Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2460
  • RBG: 1953

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:54 PM

Was playing 5s at 2100 CR, 2150ish MMR last night as dk/lock/warr/hpal/hpriest. We queued into the 2450 MMR rank 1 5s team usa (dk/enh/warr/hpriest/mw -- ratkingx verdantstorm joru etc) in about 5 separate games and lost all. While I understand its not necessarily reasonable to expect to farm these kids,  I would like to put up a decent fight.  In three of the games, our lock was nuked 20 secs after gates open during ascendance after they nuked his pet.  Enh storm hitting for 130k chunks.  In two games we peeled hard on the enh and survived a couple mins. One game we even forced cucoon and gs by tunneling enh.

I'm wondering if anyone has some decent advice on how to counter these guys.  How can we peel the enh? And how can we survive the burst without popping every defensive and healing cd we have?

I'm thinking maybe we just can't fight them with a lock unless maybe he goes demo or something.  But then they'll just global the dk or a healer.

Another idea is mass grip brostorm shadowfury staggering fear bomb + dk dots/necro and lock dark soul dots. All out spread pressure during their opener which is the bread and butter of our comp. I just don't think we can out pressure these guys enough to get them defensive.

#2 Samyh

Samyh

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:23 PM

Don't worry about 5s.

No one actually cares about the bracket.

#3 seadogsnrebz

seadogsnrebz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2460
  • RBG: 1953

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:54 PM

Since I play dk, and they're basically fruit flies in a rocks-paper-scissors usa 3s ladder, I'm not really caring too much about that bracket

#4 Mattadoro

Mattadoro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/1/1/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1815
  • 3v3: 2135
  • RBG: 1332
  • LocationGAINSville, The Gym

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:01 PM

you vs'd my boy catswagiator.. only thing you can do is give up or offer up 10 fat cats as a sacrifice.. even then still wont work but atleast you've appeased the catswagiator
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dk, enh, Lock, 5v5, hpal, priest, mw, warr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<