• Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1969
  • 3v3: 2090
  • RBG: 954
  • LocationStuttgart, Germany

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:55 AM

Hello Ladies,

posting this here too, to increase my chances of getting quality replies:
So, I was queueing some DK/MWMonk tonight, and we got farmed down by a DK/RShamy team. The way I see it, our problem was the following: As the DK was swapping around with Necro spam on both of us, I couldn't provide our team with enough HpS through HoTs, since they were instantly purged off by the shaman. Therefore, I had to rely on Sphere spam, which eventually lead to me running out of mana when I had no CDs left to compensate swaps, giving them the kill after I was unable to regain any mana (lack of Chi generation -> lack of chi to spend -> lack of mana tea stacks). To be fair, we're both not fully geared, and the enemy DK is currently the 2nd highest EU DK in 3s, I still feel there should've been a way to win the game, so I'm kinda looking for mistakes from MY side, not knowing exactly what my DK did (played without skype).

If it matters, the armoury links:

Me
http://eu.battle.net.../Sartx/advanced

The DK I played with

http://eu.battle.net...Jogges/advanced

Enemy healer

http://eu.battle.net...ewayne/advanced

Enemy DK

http://eu.battle.net...tsoura/advanced

Thanks in advance already for your replies, any help is appreciated.
LSx comps making dreams come true since S7

Read the About Me Section if you have any questions

#2 Takkitwang

Takkitwang
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 2061
  • 3v3: 2380
  • 5v5: 2229
  • RBG: 1999

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:34 PM

The way I see it , you got outplayed by better players. Since your DK should have an easy time training down a shaman, esp playing with a monk.

#3 OMGitsSart

OMGitsSart
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:32 PM

View PostTakkitwang, on 06 November 2013 - 02:34 PM, said:

The way I see it , you got outplayed by better players. Since your DK should have an easy time training down a shaman, esp playing with a monk.

Not denying that in any way :P Did I provide enough information though to maybe give me some insight on what I as the monk did wrong?

#4 Neosaurfang

Neosaurfang
  • Asparagus
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Blood 2/1/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1656
  • 3v3: 2418
  • 5v5: 2203
  • RBG: 1
  • LocationGoldshire

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:38 PM

Kite, and use disarm alot. (Off cooldown) preferably
Posted Image

#5 Primius

Primius
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2039
  • 3v3: 2519
  • 5v5: 1150
  • RBG: 959

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:37 PM

View PostTakkitwang, on 06 November 2013 - 02:34 PM, said:

Hmm I don't agree with this...

No way a DK is soloing a resto shaman with another equally geared DK peeling for that shaman.  Also as long as the shaman purge spams the MW will go oom LONG before the shaman will.

#6 OMGitsSart

OMGitsSart
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:41 PM

View PostPrimius, on 06 November 2013 - 08:37 PM, said:

No way a DK is soloing a resto shaman with another equally geared DK peeling for that shaman.  Also as long as the shaman purge spams the MW will go oom LONG before the shaman will.

I had the same feeling, but I didn't want to blame it on that. It's my first season on monk, and I'm not really expecting to play the class on the same level as I used to play priest... which is why I asked for possible mistakes here, although I know it's hard without a recorded video.

#7 Takkitwang

Takkitwang
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 2061
  • 3v3: 2380
  • 5v5: 2229
  • RBG: 1999

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:37 PM

View PostPrimius, on 06 November 2013 - 08:37 PM, said:

well, seeing as I play DK, Shaman and Monk all on 2k++ , I have gotten under the impression that if a shaman+melee face a monk+DK/warrior, the Rshaman will automaticly be at a disadvantage. Legsweap+BladestormBB or Legsweap into strang , just seem to be really hard to surivive without a trinket.

#8 Darthgnoe

Darthgnoe
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 2415
  • 3v3: 2523
  • 5v5: 2040
  • RBG: 1837

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:56 PM

Just don't try to outheal the necrotics I guess, DKs biggest weakness is their awful mobility. just kite behind pillar and heal up in two seconds once they drop off, should be easy to accomplish with tiger's lust and double roll + transcendence

They will prob swap to your DK while you kite behind pillar if they see they'll not catch you, he should have conversion up and just spam it until you get back to heal and then just setup kills with leg sweeps into strang if at all possible. you can use para and grips as very short interrupts too if needed to seal the deal.
Dont think your dk will kill the sham without your support since he will just run around pillar all game with earthbind / possible windwalk.

Just my thoughts, haven't really played the comps mentioned..

#9 OMGitsSart

OMGitsSart
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:03 AM

So basically I should never heal into NS on myself, kiting it out instead, there will only be the necessity to heal into my NSed DK? Additionally, disarm on CD, and for the kills... my DK was using asphyx, I guess if we need leg sweep -> strang for kills, chillblains would be better in that matchup, so Leg sweep doesn't fuck up DRs? Would propably also help him training the shaman then I guess.

Thanks for your replies everyone, if there's anything else, keep it coming please :)

#10 Darthgnoe

Darthgnoe
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 2415
  • 3v3: 2523
  • 5v5: 2040
  • RBG: 1837

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:05 AM

View PostOMGitsSart, on 07 November 2013 - 06:03 AM, said:

So basically I should never heal into NS on myself, kiting it out instead, there will only be the necessity to heal into my NSed DK? Additionally, disarm on CD, and for the kills... my DK was using asphyx, I guess if we need leg sweep -> strang for kills, chillblains would be better in that matchup, so Leg sweep doesn't fuck up DRs? Would propably also help him training the shaman then I guess.

Thanks for your replies everyone, if there's anything else, keep it coming please :)

Well that's how I'd be mana conservative at least, you have to be sure you'll get away though so it doesn't come bite you in the ass afterwards.
Also obviously renewing mist and expel harm off cd for chi generation.
I usually take chillblains on my DK when I run with a healer with a semi low cooldown stun unless I need asphyx for peeling

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dk, Monk, Resto, Shaman, 2v2, 2s, Shamy, Mistweaver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<