Rets...What is this?!

Paladin Balance OP Nerf Ret Pally Underpower

• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#81 ROKMODE

ROKMODE

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:11 AM

View PostIcesinz, on 07 November 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

People need to stop complaining about specs for much, any dps spec can get high rated with proper teammates.
Only problem is the spineless cowards who reroll every patch because leveling alts is retardedly easy.
yes!
how dare people play to win!
spineless cowards!!!
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#82 Synchrone

Synchrone
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • RBG: 2411

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:22 AM

One fact is that no one want to play with ret any more.

#83 Luminant

Luminant
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1778
  • 3v3: 2550
  • RBG: 768

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:45 AM

yeah ret sucks

#84 Xerox

Xerox
  • Members
  • LocationDubai

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:57 AM

I'd lessen ret burst (not saying they're even remotely close to being the worst, but still high non the less) and buff Surviv/sustained damage.
Posted Image

#85 Hankx

Hankx
  • Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:33 PM

View PostXerox, on 18 November 2013 - 06:57 AM, said:

I'd lessen ret burst (not saying they're even remotely close to being the worst, but still high non the less) and buff Surviv/sustained damage.

how?

Like make the censure from SoT ticks every 1.5 sec? or make the seal do more dmg?

and about the surviving.. am thinking of make rets use seal of inzight "more like Def stance with warriors" this seal is not doing dmg but make the healing on the paladin be more like 20%?

what do you think of that?

#86 Rhee

Rhee
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 2401
  • RBG: 384

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:37 PM

other than rets taking the D through their defensives (wall being a joke at the state of the game right now) i think rets are pretty strong and definitely viable if played right.

ya, they should buff passive damage mitigation, or provide a mechanic similar to defensive stance with seals.

the utility (2 sacs, 2 bops, good off-healing) is there, and so is the burst.

i personally dont understand why rets are so under-represented, Vangaurds being carried by friends is just utter bullshit, people just need to learn to adapt to the patch, find the right partners, and play well.

#87 Voidbringer

Voidbringer
  • Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:56 PM

I agree we have utility, but it's mostly useful for other targets rather than ourselves - which sadly makes the brainless strategy of training ret quite effective.

Some suggestions above are interesting. I'd say if we had one seal with increased healing taken or dmg reduction, had glyph of DP reduce physical dmg by 40% and a slightly re-designed SH to increase healing taken by our partners, but also include some increased healing for us (5-10%/stack) - it would make for nice QoL changes.

Of course, if given the choice, I would prefer to have other OP classes toned down, but it is a thread about Retri sooo...
"There is nothing so uncommon as common sense"

#88 originalret

originalret
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust
  • RBG: 1851
  • LocationAus

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:37 AM

View PostHankx, on 18 November 2013 - 02:33 PM, said:

how?

Like make the censure from SoT ticks every 1.5 sec? or make the seal do more dmg?

and about the surviving.. am thinking of make rets use seal of inzight "more like Def stance with warriors" this seal is not doing dmg but make the healing on the paladin be more like 20%?

what do you think of that?

At the moment a ret can survive quite well with effective use of SoI. the downside to this survivability however is the massive sacrifice of output required to maintain it. Our lack of sustain is the only justification behind this kind of seal swap, as there isnt much point trying to sustain someone when the damage just isnt there. better off swapping seals and making use of LoS/Flash heal and WoG, then swapping back when wings is up again.

#89 Hankx

Hankx
  • Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:26 PM

View Postoriginalret, on 19 November 2013 - 12:37 AM, said:

At the moment a ret can survive quite well with effective use of SoI. the downside to this survivability however is the massive sacrifice of output required to maintain it. Our lack of sustain is the only justification behind this kind of seal swap, as there isnt much point trying to sustain someone when the damage just isnt there. better off swapping seals and making use of LoS/Flash heal and WoG, then swapping back when wings is up again.

This is the main problem am talking about .. It's if i didn't kill with wings i need to wait 2 mins for anther chance to kill "focus i called it chance".. and the hole 2mins am trained in the arena sometimes even my healer can't heal me .. i mean look at enh shamys now they are the new rets .. how i can be the support class if i can't support myself there?

#90 Hankx

Hankx
  • Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:28 PM

View PostRhee, on 18 November 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

other than rets taking the D through their defensives (wall being a joke at the state of the game right now) i think rets are pretty strong and definitely viable if played right.

ya, they should buff passive damage mitigation, or provide a mechanic similar to defensive stance with seals.

the utility (2 sacs, 2 bops, good off-healing) is there, and so is the burst.

i personally dont understand why rets are so under-represented, Vangaurds being carried by friends is just utter bullshit, people just need to learn to adapt to the patch, find the right partners, and play well.

am not talking shit about vanguards being carried .. i respect the man and his real good ret thank to his "only ret guide lots of rets know what to use" .. but tell me is there alot of rets in his rating atm? none mate

#91 Hankx

Hankx
  • Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:31 PM

i see a lot of DK's topics / warriors even tho they are fine  / SP's ...  none but this is ret topic not alot playing this class? or none miss them in a comp?

#92 Yuiiuo

Yuiiuo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 2/1/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 1712

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:31 PM

wtf LUMINANT is at the same rating...

Edited by Yuiiuo, 19 November 2013 - 03:31 PM.

#93 Cptparasret

Cptparasret
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationFinland

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:25 PM

I personally cba tryhard vs every fucking warrior team i play against. Just face it nothing will happen for loong time :I

#94 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:01 PM

View PostVoidbringer, on 07 November 2013 - 09:56 AM, said:

I know it's common for AJ to attack anything and anyone for no reason but c'mooon take a chill pill this time. I've been also visiting this forum for 2-3 years now and have like 30 posts together, so it may be true that I've been more active during last days (mainly killing time inbetween work stuff) ...but biggest f*cking tryhard? Really? Ok. Honestly people overuse and exaggerate so many things these days.

Since you only have a few posts here, you may not be aware that this poster you were responding to is one that almost all of us have on ignore.  Also add Jaimex, Zerlog and that random dk whose name I can't remember and you'll notice tons of blocked drivel in the AJ threads you read.  :)

View PostLuminant, on 18 November 2013 - 06:45 AM, said:

yeah ret sucks

I will admit I watch a bunch of Tonystyle's stream and get to see poor Luminant trained 24/7/365.  It doesn't look very fun and I don't envy you (as someone who has played Resto Shaman quite a few seasons I feel your pain) ;(

You have to admit that a class has issues when the first thing an opponent says when entering arena is "oh they have a ret - train that guy".

#95 Aldrainíl

Aldrainíl
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Fire 1/1/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 1901

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:19 PM

god just get a tongues shaman and run the most aids comp and stop whining

#96 Limpspoon_USA

Limpspoon_USA
  • Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:57 PM

honestly rets have it nice have you never heard true blue. rule #1 always true blue kill the shaman.
shamans and rets are in the same boat with shamans pulling ahead slightly.
lucky u have burst on 2 mins enh is 3 mins.

#97 originalret

originalret
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAus

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:01 PM

View PostUdderly, on 19 November 2013 - 10:01 PM, said:

Since you only have a few posts here, you may not be aware that this poster you were responding to is one that almost all of us have on ignore.  Also add Jaimex, Zerlog and that random dk whose name I can't remember and you'll notice tons of blocked drivel in the AJ threads you read.  :)

I will admit I watch a bunch of Tonystyle's stream and get to see poor Luminant trained 24/7/365.  It doesn't look very fun and I don't envy you (as someone who has played Resto Shaman quite a few seasons I feel your pain) ;(

You have to admit that a class has issues when the first thing an opponent says when entering arena is "oh they have a ret - train that guy".

wait a sec..... there's a block function?!

#98 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:51 AM

View Postoriginalret, on 19 November 2013 - 11:01 PM, said:

wait a sec..... there's a block function?!

Oh yea baby - go into your profile and add people to your list.  It works wonders with ignoring certain folks :D

#99 originalret

originalret
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAus

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:13 AM

View PostUdderly, on 20 November 2013 - 02:51 AM, said:

Oh yea baby - go into your profile and add people to your list.  It works wonders with ignoring certain folks :D

that is so awesome.

so back on track, in terms of ret survivability, has anyone tried incorporating a sword-n-board macro with a glyphed DP for situations like recklessness/bladestorm warriors? if so, does it feel like enough to keep yourself up until their CD's are done?

#100 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:09 PM

Ret's have always had dogshit survivability, the only survivability we had was from wearing plate, but that era is long gone. The only real thing we had going on and off seasons ever since TBC when arenas came out was our burst and defensive dispel. Atleast defensive dispels made up for our poo survivability so that the healer could actually keep us up.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Paladin, Balance, OP, Nerf, Ret, Pally, Underpower

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<